Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 07:54 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,566,576 times

Advertisements

[quote=Campbell34;15286066]
Quote:
Christians have no need to feel inferior, especially when we worship a Superior God.
Once again, your opinion only. You decided you have a superior god (non-existent) to comfort yourself. Others make the same claim about their own beliefs. You refuse to allow to others what you claim for yourself. Inferiority complex.

Quote:
And when facts show the truth of the Biblical Text, only a foolish world would deny such facts. The flood of Noah really happened. And I believe the findings of NAMI only supports that fact. Yet what does the Bible say about how the world will view such facts in the future?
Facts? You have no "facts", just a warped imagination and wishful thinking. You should also remember that this NAMI you worship is man made, thus fallible according to your religion. You would seem to be worshiping a false idol. Again.

Quote:
2 Timothy 4:3-4 A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. People will refuse to listen to the truth and turn to myths.
Since your bible has proven to be so false on so many things, quoting from it is totally worthless and just show how weak your position is.

Quote:
Clearly, the God of the Bible knew what was coming. And we see the people of our day surrounding themselves with teachers who are telling them what they want to hear. And these same teachers continue to deny the Biblical account. Just as the Bible said they would.
The only thing that you make clear is that you put your own desires and wants forth as the way your god would act. Egotistic and blasphemous.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:06 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,664,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Still handing out free advice? Well, I look in only occasionally, but the thing is, Gldnrule, that if it was just a flat earth loon, we would be way ahead of you, but the fact is that many people with a sight more clout, money and following than a bunch of Bible - literalists ought to have believe this stuff unquestioningly and are using all their not inconsiderable resources to persuade others.

At the time that situation obtains, it is our civilized duty to take a moment to show such stuff up to be the fallacious nonsense that it undoubtedly is.

Ps.You think this has gone on too long - you should have seen the thread on the Missing Link
As you can see, I'm way more excited about my cool new chainsaw, than how many people are going to read an obviously metaphorical story, and think it's literal...especially a story like Noah and his floating zoo with two of every creature on the planet in it, bobbing along on the waves of a flood that covered up every speck of ground on Earth, even 5 mile high mountains. Like I have the inclination...or the constitution...to debate THAT.

I'll pass on checking out the "Missing Link" debate.

But ya know what? I gotta give PROPS and a SHOUT OUT to Campbell!! Regardless of my differing viewpoint on this issue...anyone showing the kind of conviction he is demonstrating here has my respect-----Hold your ground Brother!...IMHO you are actually putting up a darn good fight...with no sign of "quit".

Old 08-01-2010, 08:15 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,775,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The Bible is telling you, anything that suggest the Bible is untrue is the myth. And not the other way around. And the evidence is on the side of the Bible, not on what todays modern teachers are suggesting. And the Bible does not teach a flat earth.
You are awfully good at ignoring unwelcome information. The evidence has been presented above that a flat circular earth with waters surrounding it is what is described in the Bible, a Dome over the top which separates the waters above from the waters below and post flood, Genesis 8 a wind blew which blew the floodwater back into the 'fountains of the deep' which closed. The less said about the extra water that had fallen through the windows of heaven the better. I know you won't listen but to encourage others to read and consider (and read the Enuma elish to see where the idea came from) and see clearly the worldview the writers of the Bible had. Why is it so necessary to you that the Bible -writers had to be describing accurately the movements of continent sized rock reservoirs? All Noah knew that the flood waters were rising. The rest was guesswork

Quote:
That is another myth that is pushed by non believers of the Bible. And undersea rock formations, are not 115 foot pyramids made out of polished granite, with hieroglyphics found on them. Truly, if you continue to deny or ignore the evidence, you will only succeed in denying the truth. And once you have accomplished that, this will clear the way for you to imbrace the myth. The evidence for evolution is based on nothing more then human assumptions, and speculations. The evidence for the flood is found in numerous oral traditions around the planet. And in ancient written accounts. And in the numerous eyewitiness accounts that speak of the Ark of Noah on Mt. Ararat. Which also includes the latest account from the NAMI.
We looked at the various flood legends and they disprove the Bible account rather than prove it. The claims about those undersea formations have not been substantiated. The numerous eyewitness accounts are merely anecdotal if not severely dubious. NAMI is also dubious. This dubious and unsubstantiated and counter- evidence you choose to interpret as supporting your Faith by the ingenious method of ignoring the doubtful bits. No wonder you quotemine in your posts, mate, you quotemine in your head, too. And you'd rather quotemine evolutionists than look at the mountains of evidence which you dismiss wholesale as 'human assumptions' and 'speculations'.

Apart from occasional looks- in to see whether NAMI have been busted yet, I doubt that we need to say more.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:33 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,978,050 times
[quote=Arjay51;15286678]
Quote:

Perhaps you should take your own advice. Virtually everyone else has said this to you of your beliefs and you continue to ignore them. So listen to yourself.

Your the one who spoke of the polished granite pyramid as an underwater rock formation. And you did this, even when they discovered it had hieroglyphics on it. Truly, you have ignored the evidence. And now you want me to join the ranks of the uninformed. If everyone just turns a deaf ear to such discoveries, then feel free to be one of the ignorant uninformed. I will stick with the facts. And I will leave everyone else to their own devices. And naturally, if you can dismiss that evidence, how much easier is it for you to dismiss what the NAMI discovered? Even when the facts are presented to you, you continue to hit the ignore button.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:43 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,929,647 times
Default but....

Predictable. Tom assures us that, since it denigrates an obvious scam, even though it's absolutely a Christian website, it's not to be trusted.

Why didn't I see that one coming? Oh wait: I did! Tom's nothing if not predictable.

This website confirms the obvious, and again, Tom, this thread, which I started (It's MINE I tell you!) is specifically about the claims made by what has turned out to be an evangelical scam.

To Wit: NAMI has vanished from the circuit; it folded it's tent and stole off into the night, just like those old circuses of old who left after "taking" the locals the night before, and then they arrive, furious, with pitch-forks and torches in hand, only to find an abandoned lot.

The nefarious departees did, however, leave their toilet pits. Well thanks!

Old 08-01-2010, 09:47 AM

[quote=Campbell34;15287454]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post

Your the one who spoke of the polished granite pyramid as an underwater rock formation. And you did this, even when they discovered it had hieroglyphics on it. Truly, you have ignored the evidence. And now you want me to join the ranks of the uninformed. If everyone just turns a deaf ear to such discoveries, then feel free to be one of the ignorant uninformed. I will stick with the facts. And I will leave everyone else to their own devices. And naturally, if you can dismiss that evidence, how much easier is it for you to dismiss what the NAMI discovered? Even when the facts are presented to you, you continue to hit the ignore button.
I don't actually recall an polished underwater pyramid with heiroglyphs on, though I do vaguely recall discussing a large undersea formation of roughly pointed shape. Perhaps you can indicate the post where I denied this information. or a link to some antediluvian cult website would be interesting

If fact I know that the science world has not published, investigated or substantiated any of these claims and, until they do, I have to regard them as undersea rock formations with some mars - face claims about them. If it pleases you to mutter about the science-orthodoxy-atheist-religion cover - up conspiracy, you are in good company. Every bunch of cultists who can't get science to take their claims at face value take that line.

But, if those claims were substantiated, I would be very interested and it would not do much to convince me that the flood story was any more true because according to the Bible, the flood waters rose and then receded. Thus sunken cities should be above water again. your wild hypothesis about collapsing earth crust does not agree with the Bible and hardly supports the flood account.

P.s Oh, apologies if you were responding to Arjay, however the point seems to aply to me equally."And undersea rock formations, are not 115 foot pyramids made out of polished granite, with hieroglyphics found on them."

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 08-01-2010 at 09:56 AM.. Reason: sorry 'underwater' not 'underground'

Old 08-01-2010, 09:48 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,929,647 times
Default But.... Panda admitted it was a scam. What; is that hard to comprehend?

Predictable comeback. Complete denialism. Tom assures us that, since it denigrates an obvious scam, even though it's absolutely a Christian website, that damned link is not to be trusted. Only the nutball one are to be trusted.

Why didn't I see that one coming? Oh wait: I did! Tom's nothing if not predictable.

This website confirms the obvious admittals, and again, Tom, this thread, which I started (It's MINE I tell you!) is specifically about the claims made by what has turned out to be an absolute evangelical scam. Now, its' own leader, Panda, has openly admitted it, yet still you defend them. That's like defending O.J. Simpson after the civil suite verdict. Sorry old chep: the verdict's in. Done and done, in the immortal words of Homer J. Simpson.

To Wit: NAMI has vanished from the circuit; it folded it's tent and stole off into the night, just like those old circuses of old who left after "taking" the locals the night before, and then they arrive, furious, with pitch-forks and torches in hand, only to find an abandoned lot.

The nefarious departees did, however, leave their toilet pits. Well thanks!

(The truly sad part for NAMI is that they won't get to tourista-travel on the dime of the sadly dependent any more. Poor Panda. Well, there's always some new scam in a year or two when the smoke's cleared and the limited attention span of the ardent Arkists has waned...)

Old 08-01-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
As you can see, I'm way more excited about my cool new chainsaw, than how many people are going to read an obviously metaphorical story, and think it's literal...especially a story like Noah and his floating zoo with two of every creature on the planet in it, bobbing along on the waves of a flood that covered up every speck of ground on Earth, even 5 mile high mountains. Like I have the inclination...or the constitution...to debate THAT.

I'll pass on checking out the "Missing Link" debate.

But ya know what? I gotta give PROPS and a SHOUT OUT to Campbell!! Regardless of my differing viewpoint on this issue...anyone showing the kind of conviction he is demonstrating here has my respect-----Hold your ground Brother!...IMHO you are actually putting up a darn good fight...with no sign of "quit".
I agree. He's a fighter and you actually can have a debate with him on the facts - though he never accepts them - which is a heap better than some who just try to make cheap points by dickering about terms and attitudes.

Actually, around post pages 20 -25 of Missing link are enough. the next 80 pages are just explaining the same thing to chum Campbell and him refusing to listen.

I hope you do enjoy your chainsaw. As for me, I have a you -tube list of about half the Vivaldi concertos which I can listen to while I'm typing such posts so it isn't correct to suppose that I do nothing but refute theists. I'm getting to where I can do it in my sleep.

P.s the Pyramid.

I'm not going to hi-jack the thread about this as it's fringe - archaeology and nothing to do with the Ark, despite Cambell's insistence that it is. 'Under water...confounds science..flood' *ding* *ding*'

Though it LOOKS man -made some natural formations can. Von Dainiken when he was running out of ideas even implied that the Giant's causeway was artificial. The 'face' is no more a carving than the Mars face. A land -based formation (more weathered) shows similar appearance. The heiroglyphs are not shown but a copy of them is. One cannot rule out the sort of fevered imagination that saw the image of Judean coins in the blank eye -sockets of the turin shroud.

http://scienceray.com/earth-sciences...water-pyramid/

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 08-01-2010 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: P.s the pyramid

Old 08-01-2010, 09:57 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,978,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
You are awfully good at ignoring unwelcome information. The evidence has been presented above that a flat circular earth with waters surrounding it is what is described in the Bible, a Dome over the top which separates the waters above from the waters below and post flood, Genesis 8 a wind blew which blew the floodwater back into the 'fountains of the deep' which closed. The less said about the extra water that had fallen through the windows of heaven the better. I know you won't listen but to encourage others to read and consider (and read the Enuma elish to see where the idea came from) and see clearly the worldview the writers of the Bible had. Why is it so necessary to you that the Bible -writers had to be describing accurately the movements of continent sized rock reservoirs? All Noah knew that the flood waters were rising. The rest was guesswork

We looked at the various flood legends and they disprove the Bible account rather than prove it. The claims about those undersea formations have not been substantiated. The numerous eyewitness accounts are merely anecdotal if not severely dubious. NAMI is also dubious. This dubious and unsubstantiated and counter- evidence you choose to interpret as supporting your Faith by the ingenious method of ignoring the doubtful bits. No wonder you quotemine in your posts, mate, you quotemine in your head, too. And you'd rather quotemine evolutionists than look at the mountains of evidence which you dismiss wholesale as 'human assumptions' and 'speculations'.

Apart from occasional looks- in to see whether NAMI have been busted yet, I doubt that we need to say more.

You continue to ignore, that the Hebrew language had no wording for globe, or ball. So they used circle as the closest wording possible. Noah did not have to know anything outside of the earth was to be flooded by water. There was no guess work in the Scriptures. Clearly the Bible tells you the fountains of the deep were opened. Now you can hit the ignore button, or accept what is clearly stated.

The claims of those underwater pyramids have been substantiated, based on a second expedition that went back in the year 2004. This time they took with them an underwater camera, and they were able to photograph a 115 foot high polished granite pyramid, which just also happened to have visible hieroglyphics printed on them.

And many of the oral flood legends have the same information about Noahs Flood, as found in the Scriptures. So it would be a mistake on your part to believe that many of the oral traditions do not support the Biblical account. Consider the link below. Such similarities are really beyond coincidence. And for you to dismiss this, really requires you once again to hit that ignore button.

Abiogenesis and the Origin of Life

Old 08-01-2010, 10:10 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,875,284 times
Quote:
You continue to ignore, that the Hebrew language had no wording for globe, or ball.
...and you keep ignoring that they did. It has been explained fully to you young Tom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality