Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 10:09 PM

50,797 posts, read 24,297,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
No it fits perfectly with what I said previously.

Do not preach to others about how they should live their lives dear boy. Stay out of people's personal lives.

Buddha left his family to go be a yogi in the forest. People have always left the people they love to go seek spiritual truth instead.

That's what I chose to do
You preach here multiple times a day, so don't give advice you don't adhere to yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2019, 10:51 PM

1,378 posts, read 393,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You preach here multiple times a day, so don't give advice you don't adhere to yourself.

What you are doing is a personal attack, period

Old 11-07-2019, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Nice try, but here's exactly what you said: "Do not preach to others about how they should live their lives dear boy. Stay out of people's personal lives."

Preaching to others about honoring, adoring, and worshiping is not not preaching to others about how they should live their lives, and it is certainly not staying out of people's personal lives. You can't have it both ways.

Old 11-07-2019, 11:39 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
I have problems believing a God as all powerful and eternal as our God is said to be...would desire or demand human worship, the bible even says he is a 'jealous God'.

Old 11-07-2019, 11:45 PM

That is their spiritual lives, not their personal lives my good man. Those are two separate things entirely. One can go to church or into a quiet place & meditate or pray, & then go back to one's personal everyday life. If someone suggests a type of meditation or prayer to you it does not mean they are trying to take over your personal life. It means they are offering suggestions about your spiritual life. Two different things old boy. Time to wake up & smell the coffee

Old 11-08-2019, 12:24 AM

Quote:
That is their spiritual lives, not their personal lives my good man. Those are two separate things entirely. One can go to church or into a quiet place & meditate or pray, & then go back to one's personal everyday life. If someone suggests a type of meditation or prayer to you it does not mean they are trying to take over your personal life. It means they are offering suggestions about your spiritual life. Two different things old boy. Time to wake up & smell the coffee
Well, something smells, and it ain't coffee.

There is a reason you evangelize. It doesn't seem as if you can be honest about that. Or be honest about providing any evidence for your claims. Where exactly are your followers? I haven't seen much in that regard here.

Old 11-08-2019, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Well, something smells, and it ain't coffee.

There is a reason you evangelize. It doesn't seem as if you can be honest about that. Or be honest about providing any evidence for your claims. Where exactly are your followers? I haven't seen much in that regard here.

Followers??? You're losing it old son. Completely losing it

Stay on topic. What I wrote on this thread was on topic perfectly, & you joined the thread only to attack me personally.

Old 11-08-2019, 01:27 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,603,725 times
Quote:
There ya go again!

Getting the results you’re here to get.

You’re really one of the better ones on this site.

Old 11-08-2019, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
There ya go again!

Getting the results you’re here to get.

You’re really one of the better ones on this site.
So now you have joined the thread simply to attack me, like the others did? Have you not read the forum rules? Stay on topic & don't make personal attacks. I don't come to the forum to be attacked. I come here to discuss religion & spirituality only.

I feel like I have to avoid eye contact with the locals because they see that as an act of aggression

Old 11-08-2019, 02:29 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,603,725 times
Quote:
So now you have joined the thread simply to attack me, like the others did? Have you not read the forum rules? Stay on topic & don't make personal attacks. I don't come to the forum to be attacked. I come here to discuss religion & spirituality only.

I feel like I have to avoid eye contact with the locals because they see that as an act of aggression
Instead of posting your crying, why not just report like all the other snowflakes?

You are a xian persecution fisherman. With a boatload of bait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality