Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 07:31 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,565,074 times

Advertisements

throwing rocks and sand at each other. So called "christians" and non-christians chest thumping and insulting one another. Sad state of affairs. This board is a mini-microcosm of the world as a whole - you are a sinner, you're going to hell, your religion is the worst thing that ever happend to civiliation, insults and hate-arousing ad nauseum. You people need to stop this crappola, and to be honest, as a struggling/faith challenged christian, seeing you so called christians on here is convincing me that I want no part of YOUR version of religion. A real christian would be PRAYING, in PRIVATE for non-believers - not posting insults to the "lost souls" on a message board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 07:52 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,236,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
throwing rocks and sand at each other. So called "christians" and non-christians chest thumping and insulting one another. Sad state of affairs. This board is a mini-microcosm of the world as a whole - you are a sinner, you're going to hell, your religion is the worst thing that ever happend to civiliation, insults and hate-arousing ad nauseum. You people need to stop this crappola, and to be honest, as a struggling/faith challenged christian, seeing you so called christians on here is convincing me that I want no part of YOUR version of religion. A real christian would be PRAYING, in PRIVATE for non-believers - not posting insults to the "lost souls" on a message board.

And welcome to the hate fest!
You seem to fit right in with the rest of the crowd...Please Don't thank me now...wait till it all comes to a head...and then we can prick the boil together!

Old 07-01-2010, 07:55 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,613,990 times
It's going to be fascinating to see how your OP gets all twisted around...as the 5-year-olds completely take over the thread.

My only problem is your use of that phrase, "non-believers." Some of us who don't happen to be Christians find that to be a very condescending attitude. (And we neither want nor need your prayers on our behalf).

Old 07-01-2010, 07:58 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,565,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
It's going to be fascinating to see how your OP gets all twisted around...as the 5-year-olds completely take over the thread.

My only problem is your use of that phrase, "non-believers." Some of us who don't happen to be Christians find that to be a very condescending attitude. (And we neither want nor need your prayers on our behalf).
You're right - I should have said christians versus those of other faiths or beliefs, but just seems mostly to be a christian v. atheist/agnostic battle on here.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:59 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
I can see how it would appear like that at first glance. When I first came on here - I felt like all anybody did was fight, fight, fight! And yes - there is a lot of mud slinging coming from all sides to all sides. However, I feel like there are some neat debates on here. And I have actually become friends with people on this forum - both non-believers and believers.
It's easy to get angry on here. I think also some people vent their frustrations just with life in general on here because it's easy. You can basically say things here that you would never say to someone face to face. Sometimes it feels good to yell at someone - and not really have to face any consequences!
Also, a lot of people here are very opinionated - hence they came to a forum where they could discuss their opinions! And we all think we are right!
While I'm not a Christian and I can't answer for them - I think you will find many (not all - but many) understanding Christians on here that understand struggling with your faith and would be happy to discuss it with you (and not in a condescending, threatening way but in a loving and understanding way). I mean, I'd be happy to discuss it with you, too - but I'm not sure I'd be too helpful! In my opinion, religion (or lack there of) is such a personal thing. What is best for you isn't necessarily what is going to be best for someone else.
I'm sorry you are going through a difficult time. Sometimes it helps me to just take a step back from this forum and remember that all the people who are assuring me that I will be rotting in hell actually don't know me. If they did - they still might think it deep down - but they also might really like me! I think I'm a pretty likable person!

Old 07-01-2010, 08:03 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,164,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
And a true Christian wouldn't let all this bother them. Just post whatever you want and don't get discouraged. God bless.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:17 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,984,345 times
A REAL Christian tells the truth. Telling the truth to somebody is love. The word of God divides people. So if you see division in some of the posts, that`s what`s going on here. Truth vs non-truth. I don`t see it as fighting. Also, you will still be held accountable to God regardless of what others do.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:33 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,665,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
A REAL Christian tells the truth. Telling the truth to somebody is love. The word of God divides people. So if you see division in some of the posts, that`s what`s going on here. Truth vs non-truth. I don`t see it as fighting. Also, you will still be held accountable to God regardless of what others do.
I'm sorry, but it's this kind of smug, self-righteous arrogance hiding behind a thin veneer of concern and feigned innocence that's the biggest contributor to the problem.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:38 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,984,345 times
Gnab, you have a right to your opinion...

Old 07-01-2010, 08:46 PM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
The God I meet in deep meditation is such pure love, acceptance, oneness in unity with all life and absolute joy . . . I cannot remotely believe His purpose could EVER be to divide us and take vengeance on most of us eternally in some fashion or other. As Vissini would say . . . "It's inconceivable!!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality