Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 05:53 AM

69 posts, read 112,908 times

Advertisements

Whether you belive or not I like Jesus and all my Christian brothers and sisters ans so do all true Muslims and Christians towards one another.
What you think doesn't matter for me but , unfortunately , I was little bit decieved that in a so liberal country such the USA there are very narrow minded persons who are just not ready to accept and respect others ' beliefs and ideas
You are free to say that God doesn't exist or to believe in all that you want and no one has right to ask you why or to blame you but you should bear in mind that so are all people all over the world
Thanks to god I have the opportunity to know a very good example of the open minded Americans , otherwise I would have said that freedom of beliefs and practices that you sought to promote in the world is nothing but a great lie because so far all I recieved from you since I joined in this forum is disrespect but I will never treat you in the same way , by contrast I will respect you and your beliefs however different from mines they might be.
Let's live together peacefully

Peace to all of you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 09:02 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,043,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islam-light View Post
Whether you belive or not I like Jesus and all my Christian brothers and sisters ans so do all true Muslims and Christians towards one another.
What you think doesn't matter for me but , unfortunately , I was little bit decieved that in a so liberal country such the USA there are very narrow minded persons who are just not ready to accept and respect others ' beliefs and ideas
You are free to say that God doesn't exist or to believe in all that you want and no one has right to ask you why or to blame you but you should bear in mind that so are all people all over the world
Thanks to god I have the opportunity to know a very good example of the open minded Americans , otherwise I would have said that freedom of beliefs and practices that you sought to promote in the world is nothing but a great lie because so far all I recieved from you since I joined in this forum is disrespect but I will never treat you in the same way , by contrast I will respect you and your beliefs however different from mines they might be.
Let's live together peacefully

Peace to all of you
We are peoples of the book, Jew, Christian, and Muslim but it is Muslims who treat Jews and Christians not as peoples of the book even though your Quran says that you are to treat both as peoples of the book.

When Islam puts an end to terrorism and allows non Muslims to live in peace in Muslim countries and practice there religions. When Muslims stop treating women in horrific ways such as honor killings. When Muslims become able to live in the modern world and to see there is more then one way to G-d then their will be peace and Muslims will become respected.

On this forum it seems that all Muslims do is cut and paste ayats and use this forum as a mode of transmission of their propaganda. I have yet to see any balanced discussion coming from the Muslims who post here.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:00 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times
Quote:
May Allah 's peace and blessings be upon all of you dear sisters and brothers in the faith.

First of all I wanted to remind us all of what Allah the most Merciful said about the close relationship between Muslims and Christians .

Surah Al-Ma'idah (The Table Spread with Food)
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Verily, you will find the strongest among men in enmity to the believers (Muslims) the Jews and those who are Al-Mushrikin (polytheists) and you will find the nearest in love to the believers (Muslims) those who say: "We are Christians." That is because amongst them are priests and monks, and they are not proud.*82*

This is me your Muslim sister Sabah trying to express my love to Jesus "may God 's peace and blessing be upon him" because He holds a very important significance in our religion and we , Muslims , love him so much because Allah and his prophet Muhammad peace be upon him teach us to do so.

Of course , no doubt , Christians love him too.

So let's express our love to Him because this is the least thing that he deserves after what he did for humanity.

Because one of his most important teachings was to spread love on earth and to love all people I urge all Muslims and Christians to respond to Jesus 's call by loving one another for God's sake .

Now let's say to Jesus that we love him.

I will be the first to do it :

Oh ! Jesus , the light of my eyes , do accept my love , respect and appreciation .

Because I love Jesus and because He loved all peaople whithout exception I want to express my love to my Christian sisters and brothers .

Be sure that Jesus will love us more and more when we love oneanother , so let's do it .Don't you want to make him happy?
I am sure you do.

How much do you love him?
Be generous with your feelings and be creative in expressing your love to our beloved Jesus "may God 's peace and blessing be upon him".
Take good care of yourself.

Bless you all
Peace and love to all of you.

Wow, that is very radical.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
We are peoples of the book, Jew, Christian, and Muslim but it is Muslims who treat Jews and Christians not as peoples of the book even though your Quran says that you are to treat both as peoples of the book.

When Islam puts an end to terrorism and allows non Muslims to live in peace in Muslim countries and practice there religions. When Muslims stop treating women in horrific ways such as honor killings. When Muslims become able to live in the modern world and to see there is more then one way to G-d then their will be peace and Muslims will become respected.

On this forum it seems that all Muslims do is cut and paste ayats and use this forum as a mode of transmission of their propaganda. I have yet to see any balanced discussion coming from the Muslims who post here.
Peace and love to you dear brother
We are peoples of the book, Jew, Christian, and Muslim but it is Muslims who treat Jews and Christians not as peoples of the book even though your Quran says that you are to treat both as peoples of the book. In this you are right 100/100
and I think that true Muslims treat Christians and Jews as people of the book exactly in the same way true Christians and Jews treat Muslims as people of the book.
When Islam puts an end to terrorism . Unfortunately dear brother you are misled by the acts of terror commited by some terrorists who call themselves Muslims and allow themselves to commit crimes in the name of the Divine , but believe me they don't have anything to do with Islam and they don't understand what true Islam is about.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post

First of all we all should know that the adherents of a particular religion don't represent it in all cases0
Yes they are supposed to but if they misbehave in the name of that religion this doesn't mean at all that it is this religion that teach them that
What I am saying is true in regard to all religions including Islam
Do you know brother that the meaning of Salam in Arabic is peace whish means that the core of that religion is global peace and unity
I know that some Muslims commit crimes in the name of the Divine and in the name of Islam but if only you come to realise that our messenger despised bloodshed
If those people who are terrorists understood the true meaning of Islam they wouldn't have behaved in that way
I think they aren't Muslims at all...and they don't deserve to be called so...they terrorists and nothing else.

Let's suppose that some Christians commit some acts of terror in the name of Christ and Cristianity would this give us right to say that Jesus Christ peace and blessings be upon him is a terrorist and Cristianity teaches terrorism !!!
If you say yes this means that you aren't objective and that you can't , unfortunately , see things clearly and your observation and thus your conclusions are shallow and I am sure you are not like that.
It is true that some Muslims , by name not by practice , misbehave but Islam is innocent and has nothing to do with their misbehaviour
Islam teaches us that all humans are sisters are brothers and sisters

I hope you understand what I mean

Peace to all of you
Bless you all

Old 06-25-2010, 10:47 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:

What I am saying is true in regard to all religions including Islam
Do you know brother that the meaning of Salam in Arabic is peace whish means that the core of that religion is global peace and unity
The only peace Islam believes in is peace under Islamic rule. Convert them or conquer them and place everyone under dhimmitude . . . or kill them. The only innocents are believers and dhimmies under Islamic rule. Islam is a barbaric and evil religion of world domination, period.

Old 06-26-2010, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The only peace Islam believes in is peace under Islamic rule. Convert them or conquer them and place everyone under dhimmitude . . .[/font][/color] or kill them. The only innocents are believers and dhimmies under Islamic rule. Islam is a barbaric and evil religion of world domination, period.
Peaec to you brother
I think brother that history give evidence that Islam is the religion of tolerance
Under the Roman , Byzantine and Persian empires Christian and Jewish minorities were fiercely persecuted this is why many of them huuried to convert to Islam and the others who did't convert were allowed to perform their religious practices , all they had to do was paying a sum of money known as "Jizia" and in Yathred " Madina there lived Muslims all together with Christians and Jewish and prophet Muhammad used to tell people to treat others in the same way they treat Muslims because we are all humans and the call in Qur'an was "Oh people !"
History witnessed no compulsory conversions to Islam because it is clearly said in Qu'ran that "there is no compulsion in matters of religion"
Unfortunately , nowadays , some Muslim countries prevent Non Muslims from practicing their religions freely and I think they don't have right to just as Western countries don't have right to prevent Muslims from practicing Islam .
Umar Ibn Khatab has issued a document where he promised complete religious freedom to non Muslims living in Palestine at his time and said to people to respect chuches and all what is sacred to them .So brother we should distinguish between the true teachings of Islam and what some Muslim States do .
Thanks for having shared in the discussion and be sure that we may have strong disagreements in few things but I respect your points of you and I hope you will respect mines .
Bless you

Old 06-26-2010, 12:39 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Peaec to you brother
I think brother that history give evidence that Islam is the religion of tolerance
Under the Roman , Byzantine and Persian empires Christian and Jewish minorities were fiercely persecuted this is why many of them huuried to convert to Islam and the others who did't convert were allowed to perform their religious practices , all they had to do was paying a sum of money known as "Jizia" and in Yathred " Madina there lived Muslims all together with Christians and Jewish and prophet Muhammad used to tell people to treat others in the same way they treat Muslims because we are all humans and the call in Qur'an was "Oh people !"
History witnessed no compulsory conversions to Islam because it is clearly said in Qu'ran that "there is no compulsion in matters of religion"
Unfortunately , nowadays , some Muslim countries prevent Non Muslims from practicing their religions freely and I think they don't have right to just as Western countries don't have right to prevent Muslims from practicing Islam .
Umar Ibn Khatab has issued a document where he promised complete religious freedom to non Muslims living in Palestine at his time and said to people to respect chuches and all what is sacred to them .So brother we should distinguish between the true teachings of Islam and what some Muslim States do .
Thanks for having shared in the discussion and be sure that we may have strong disagreements in few things but I respect your points of you and I hope you will respect mines .
Bless you
I respect your deen as much as I respect the desires of Genghis Kahn and Attila the Hun. Why don't you respectfully tell the ones you wish to deceive what a deen means in Islam.

Old 06-27-2010, 04:54 AM

100 posts, read 155,841 times
Hey!! every one here
Jesus *pbuh* is prophet and we like him .he is a messenger like other messengers
his taske the invitation to unification Alla and worship nd faith to ALLAH ..........

Old 06-27-2010, 08:46 AM

397 posts, read 608,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

Why do you lie?
Saudi Arabia is an Islamic state that practices Wahhabism and restricts all other religions, including the possession of religious items such as the Bible, crucifixes, and Stars of David. Christians are arrested and lashed in public for practicing their faith openly. Strict sharia is enforced. Muslims are forbidden to convert to another religion. If one does so and does not recant, they may be executed.

Most Muslim nations persecute Christians, and you know it.... Islam hates anything not Islam.
i dont know why your always trying to start fights on these forums. were not talking about saudi, just islam and christianitys love for jesus...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality