Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 07:19 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times

Advertisements

What it all comes down to is society. Our society doesn't think much of nakedness, and that's why you can't get on the bus going downtown without any clothes on. You're going to create problems for yourself!

There are tribes in Amazonia (and other places in the world, too) that don't wear clothes. And they don't see anything "wrong" with it. We look at them and label them as "uncivilized" because they don't subscribe to the standards of our society. We don't actually have any business doing that...but we do, anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 09:47 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,631,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post

There are tribes in Amazonia (and other places in the world, too) that don't wear clothes. And they don't see anything "wrong" with it. We look at them and label them as "uncivilized" because they don't subscribe to the standards of our society. We don't actually have any business doing that...but we do, anyway.
I don't know but are the Amazonian tribes completely nude? It seems like even among some of the most remote tribes in the world, most tend to have some kind of covering for one reason or another. For example, some tribal men in Papua New Guinea wear a long conical penis gourd as a decorative sign of their masculinity, but also probably helps prevent having thorns in the brush from snagging their (ahem) member. Women of the Dani tribe tend to wear a 'skirt' made of cloth or reeds.

An exception are the so-called "stone age" Tasaday tribe in the Philippines who seem to be shown as completely nude, although the tribe has been shown to be nothing more than a clever hoax.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:11 PM

1,743 posts, read 2,158,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Not sure if you ever saw my video, but this explains exactly what happened and the consequences of their fall... which was a fall from no longer were they spiritual beings, but were human with animal natures and appetites... and it was they who created sin and evil by the decision they made.
Really? Funny, I thought the serpent (aka Satan) was already sinful and evil. Who created him? And who allowed him into the garden to tempt Eve? I think we know the answer...

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things
- Isaiah 45:7

(que canned "out of context/mistranslation" apologetics reply)

Old 07-02-2010, 03:08 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,400,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
Really? Funny, I thought the serpent (aka Satan) was already sinful and evil. Who created him? And who allowed him into the garden to tempt Eve? I think we know the answer...

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things - Isaiah 45:7

(que canned "out of context/mistranslation" apologetics reply)

This is one of my favorites! I see as a complete contradiction of how they all say god is soooo loving and caring. But why would a loving god create evil? Hmmm....just to teach us a lesson right!

Old 07-02-2010, 05:34 PM

2,065 posts, read 2,160,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
Really? Funny, I thought the serpent (aka Satan) was already sinful and evil. Who created him? And who allowed him into the garden to tempt Eve? I think we know the answer... I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things - Isaiah 45:7 (que canned "out of context/mistranslation" apologetics reply)
So whose brainstorm was it to insert a serpent aka Satan into their story? Could it have been someone who didn't have a clue? Did you know there is no such entity as Satan? It is merely a symbol for evil.

There are no devils and no satan (http://tinyurl.com/yky7hw4 - broken link)

One thing to always remember... once an angel, always an angel... there is no such thing as a fallen angel.

No Such Thing as Fallen Angels (http://tinyurl.com/2do8dtj - broken link)

And further, any mention of our Heavenly Father creating any kind of evil is pure and simple poppycock. Our Heavenly Father is divine and, hence, there is nothing about Him that is evil.

Old 07-04-2010, 09:26 AM

595 posts, read 761,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
All I'm pointing out is that the Bible makes the following statements: (1) In Genesis 2:25 -- And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed. (2) In Genesis 3:7 -- And the eyes of them both were opened, and they know that they were naked... (3) Genesis 4:1 -- And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived. To me that sounds like they didn't have sex until they realized they were naked. If this full grown man was unaware that both he and the chick were naked, he was obviously NOT paying attention to her. If that was the case, he was obviously not interested in having sex with her. Of course it seems crazy to us, but unlike Adam and Eve, we'd be aware if we were naked in some garden with someone of the opposite sex.

Put a two year old boy and a two year old girl in a bathtub together and they won't even notice that they're not built the same. Put a six year old boy and a six year old girl in the tub together and you'll get an entirely different result. And who said anything about sex being sinful?

No, wrong. Again, I said nothing at all about sex being sinful. All I said was that if they didn't even know they were naked, that is obviously symbolic of something. I think it's symbolic of the sexual naivete or inexperience. (I used the word "innocence" but not to mean innocence as opposed to guilt. I used it to mean inexperience.)
Just adding....

The sex was not sinful because they were married.
(1) In Genesis 2:25 -- And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
The marriage bed is blessed by God.
Being naked also is unclothed,
The nakedness was not sin,(immediate separation from God's holiness, His Spirit) eating the fruit and trying to hide it. Then the blame game. Sin went to sin went to sin. They could no longer live in the Spiritual Realm of God.

1 Corinthians 15:54
When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory." [ Isaiah 25:8]
2 Corinthians 5:2
Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling,
2 Corinthians 5:3
because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked.
2 Corinthians 5:4 For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.
Galatians 3:27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

They had sinned and separated themselves from God, hiding from God. They no longer had immortality. The sin bound them to the earthly realm. They were no longer clothed with the Spirit of God. Christ has brought us back to God and the Spirit of God clothing us from sin in the mortal body. Now we are free to live as we did before sin. Clothed with the Spirit. No more hiding from God because we have sinned. We are set free by the blood of Jesus to love God with no fear of being condemned to die or separated from God because of sin. We were bought with the blood of Christ for God. God accepted Christ's sacrifice for all our sins and made us right with God so we may live in Him as a new creation in Christ. Even better than before Adam and Eve sinned.
Why was this done? So God could make his love known through His Son Jesus Christ(for his creation) and for what evil man does, God may work through man in Christ, so that God, Jesus and the Spirit is glorified in all things.

The plan; All for His Glory!
Romans 3:25
God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, [ Or as the one who would turn aside his wrath, taking away sin] through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished—

Scripture can be two-fold, Spiritual and Literal.

God Bless,Mercy

Last edited by mercy777; 07-04-2010 at 09:35 AM.. Reason: adding

Old 07-04-2010, 04:27 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Because being naked is clearly sinful which A&E realized after eating the apple.

Why God did not clothe them from the get-go is what we have to figure out.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:47 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
I've started a couple of threads about this issue but I don't think any religious texts could explain why being naked is wrong. Afterall, man is the only animal who even wears clothes and the only reason that this has happened is because mankind has spread around the world so rapidly and has also become the only advanced species that has become so adept at using tools and altering our environment instead of evolving to adapt to it. When our ancestors many thousands of years ago began exploring much colder regions and expanding our territory they began using animal skins and other materials to keep warm. This was obviously an example of our intellectual abilities which no other animal has ever acheived. Over a long period of time clothing became much more sophisticated and at some point in our history it became a necessity because our naked bodies couldn't protect us from the elements. It also became very significant in a social sense and I suspect that the reason might be that men who were very protective of their female partners did not want another man to see their women naked because they simply didn't want any competition for their partner and eventually it became something that society viewed as sinful. In my opinion this pretty much describes how it happened. (damn, I'm smart!)

Old 07-04-2010, 05:53 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I've started a couple of threads about this issue but I don't think any religious texts could explain why being naked is wrong.
So far, who has said that being naked is wrong? I don't see that anybody has.

Old 07-04-2010, 07:13 PM

815 posts, read 1,543,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I'm going to give an answer from an orthodox historical Christian Theology standpoint.

Before eating the fruit, Adam and Eve were in a state of innocence. They were fully spiritual beings and had an unfettered relationship with God. God had told them that the result of eating the fruit would be death for them. This was not only a physical death but a spiritual death also. This "fall of man" was absolute in relation to a "Holy God". Theologins call the result of this fall as the "total depravity of Man". What this means is that the sin changed the very nature of Adam and Eve and all their decendents from one of pure sinlessness to one of total sinfullness. In other words mankind was no longer able to do anything that was not corrupted by sin.
Adam and Eve would have been aware of this change and now they had feelings of lust and other sinful thoughts that they had not had before. Covering their nakedness was nothing more than trying to cover this sinfullness from God. An attempt so to speak as saying to God "look, we are doing something to make it right, something so you won't see our sin."
The importance of understanding the lesson taught here is that Man has been trying to cover His sin ever since that day. How many times have you been to a funeral and heard it said,"He was a good man". Well maybe He was from a human perspective but to a Holy God everything he had ever done in his entire life was corrupted and sinful. It could not be otherwise because our nature is totally corrupt and we can do no other but to sin. We are not sinners because we sin, we sin because we are sinners. Do you see the difference there.

Jesus was born of a virgin because to accomplish his mission here on this earth he could not inherit that Adamic nature that would make him a sinner at birth. He was therefore, "The new Adam" Just as by his one act Adam corrupted the nature of all Mankind in the flesh, The new Adam could by his perfect and sinless life redeem all his adopted children in the spirit.

Nothing we do in the flesh is seen as sinless by God. That is why it is futile to try to get right with God by doing good. It just won't cut it. As the Prophet Isiah said, "Even my good deeds are as filithy rags in the sight of a Holy God". If you understood the Jewish law and the fact that the Rags referred to were menstrual rags you would get an idea just how futile it is to please God by our works.
God can only look at us as righteous and sinless when our sin is covered effectively by the blood of Jesus. This is the only covering that avails us anything and it is totally effective. We are saved "covered" by grace through faith not by works.
Your opinion was generated by "sacred fathers". There it is written: Who will eat an apple, will be as Gods ". The most spiritual being is only God. Adam and Eve have eaten antidote. They have recollected that they from tribe Nagi (Dravids and Nagis). God wished to have slaves. In the bible all bad - good. good - bad. Jesus has come to relieve the world of Judaic ideology. Him have killed and used in the mercenary purposes. Jesus was born in 1255.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality