Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 03:56 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxio21 View Post
I see much hate towards our fellow Muslims. What would Jesus say about Muslims?

Does Jesus want us to love Muslims?
This belongs in the religion forum.....way too much of that crap in politics now....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 03:56 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
Actually it's the bigoted anti-Christian liberals here who need a lesson in diversity and tolerance.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:57 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,896,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
My contention would be that this is not a passage one can use for extending love to those outside of the faith.

Jesus was speaking to his inner circle. To his followers (by extension) and commanding them to love each other.

It was not a wider command directed at his followers to everyone.

However Jesus does deal with the subject in other passages. “love your enemies, do go to those who hate you” Luke 6.

Good thing the founders of this nation didn't take this out of context like you do . Ever hear the marine hymm ' shores of tripoli ' wasn't talking about a beach party , it was talking about stopping the muslism from pirating our ships and taking our sailors captive for slaves like they did the blacks [ and still do ] in africa .

Old 07-01-2010, 04:01 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,896,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Christianity consists of people who disagree diametrically on many subjects. Some take the Bible so literally that they include in God's plan only a small minority of the world's population. Other Christians, however, view Christ in a larger perspective and emphasize inclusion rather than exclusion. God is a God of love, and those who live in love know God. That is the emphasis of the First Epistle of John, "Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God, and he who loves is born of God and knows God" (I John 4:7). I believe that Christ came to reveal to us a God who cares for all people. He constantly broke boundaries and found faith in unexpected places. In a Roman Centurion, he discovered a faith greater than any among his own people (Luke 7:1-10). In John's Gospel Jesus said, " I have other sheep which are not of this fold…" (John 10:16).

SO the short answer YES Jesus would love people of other faiths.

Wrong interpretation again .

This was for those who wanted saving, not the ones he told his deciples to wash the dust off their feet if they didn't want it .

Old 07-01-2010, 04:02 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
This discussion warrants the following passage...

Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

- Matthew 7:21-23

Something fundamentally missing in, usually, the vocal believers.
This passage is talking about walking the walk and not just talking big.
Should we hate or dislike someone based on the fact that they are muslim? No. But muslims are bringing the "hate" or dislike on themselves, because of what they do to us. While the rest of the non radical muslims just sit around and say nothing. We are allowed to hate what they do, i.e. murder.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:10 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
This passage is talking about walking the walk and not just talking big.
Should we hate or dislike someone based on the fact that they are muslim? No. But muslims are bringing the "hate" or dislike on themselves, because of what they do to us. While the rest of the non radical muslims just sit around and say nothing. We are allowed to hate what they do, i.e. murder.
I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual.

If you don't hate someone, why do you associate that someone with hatred? You can't avoid the association of an act that knows no religious boundaries, to a religion and its people. You can try to cover it up as much as you want, but truth has a way of shining through.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:17 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual.

If you don't hate someone, why do you associate that someone with hatred? You can't avoid the association of an act that knows no religious boundaries, to a religion and its people. You can try to cover it up as much as you want, but truth has a way of shining through.
I take each person individually. I don't lump any group together. I have a few muslim friends, and I have a few Jewish friends. They are not mad at me for befriending the other.
As hard as it may be for some, you shouldn't hate the person or people, but you can hate their actions. Doesn't mean you have to allow them into your house and watch your kids, or have them over for dinner, or anything. You don't have to associate with them, or support them.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:23 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,808 times
Quote:
I see much hate towards our fellow Muslims. What would Jesus say about Muslims?

Does Jesus want us to love Muslims?
Would Jesus want you to love all, even Christians .

Old 07-01-2010, 05:03 PM

45 posts, read 27,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
Would Jesus want you to love all, even Christians .
well, if you are an atheist or agnostic, you wouldn't care about this so called jesus

Old 07-01-2010, 05:45 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,808 times
Quote:
well, if you are an atheist or agnostic, you wouldn't care about this so called jesus
True, very true. Then, why care about Muslims. Why care about any religion. Why care, if so called jesus love some people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality