Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 09:23 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times

Advertisements

Since god(s) are an invention of man, I'd say you got it backwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 10:55 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
There's no such thing as evolution... there were no people on earth before Adam and Eve... and we didn't come from reptiles or any other animal. Because there are similarities in our structures, then these are the designs of our Heavenly Father.

Our souls are created in the Heavens "in God's image." Our human bodies are not in God's image... our soul is and it is encased in a spirit body which resides in our physical body... so then our spirit body contains our soul and our intellect and all of our five senses... and after we pass from this life to the spirit world... our spirit body, our soul, our intellect all go with us... and our spirit form is exactly as our human body form was when we were alive.
You need to preface your statements with "I believe"...Like this...I believe you are dead wrong about everything you stated.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:37 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
Absolutely right. I wonder if 'our five senses' allegedly go to the 'spirit world' with the hypothetical 'spirit body'. This stuff shouldn't be presented as fact.

Old 07-04-2010, 04:02 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,546,133 times
Being sentient/sapient or having a definite and natural ability to become sentient/sapient. An infant may not be sentient/sapient yet, but will become so in time.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:09 AM

123 posts, read 131,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Absolutely right. I wonder if 'our five senses' allegedly go to the 'spirit world' with the hypothetical 'spirit body'. This stuff shouldn't be presented as fact.
Correct. And I think it is possible when considering the Buddhist view that there are six senses. Mind would be the sixth sense. When you feel like you're being watched what part of you is feeling/percieving? It is the mind sending signals your brain interprets.

Since the mind cannot be found within the body, it is possible that mind is the link to original being.

Whatever "original being" means.

Old 07-04-2010, 07:15 AM

815 posts, read 1,543,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
My dogs have unconditional love for me and my family, I wonder if they are part of god's image?
Yes. Images of gods - this picture , shows the developed abilities of the person , dogs and and ... in the form of the image.
For example: Peruns Envoy / Semargl
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_3OPQRn0wR2I/SL...NqU1PA/994.jpg

Last edited by eloy; 07-04-2010 at 07:26 AM..

Old 07-04-2010, 07:20 AM

2,065 posts, read 2,160,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You need to preface your statements with "I believe"...Like this...I believe you are dead wrong about everything you stated.
You can believe anything you want... I post the truth.

"No, man has not evolved from the lower animal, but only from himself when he reached the bottom of his fall. In this particular, the history and experience of man is this - he was created perfect, - he sinned, he fell from the condition of his created state - his condition at the bottom of his fall was inferior in some phases to the brute animal - after long centuries he commenced to rise from his base condition, and had made progress when the scientists by their discoveries found evidence of his then condition, - and since then he has been the subject of their "evolution."

The Devolution and Evolution of Man - scientists only know of evolution after man reached the bottom of his degeneracy or devolution (http://tinyurl.com/22la8qn - broken link)

Old 07-04-2010, 07:25 AM

2,065 posts, read 2,160,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
"These spirit faculties, which man calls the intellect and the five senses, are a part of the spirit body which is enclosed in the material body, and which in turn encloses the soul. When the material body dies, the spirit body continues to exist and live on in the world of spirit, and with it and as continuing parts of it, these intellectual faculties perform all their functions free from the limitations that the physical organs placed upon them."

The Truth Concerning the Body, Spirit and Soul (http://tinyurl.com/ykj6ufb - broken link)

Old 07-04-2010, 07:28 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,543,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Exactly what trait or characteristic does man/woman have that defines them to be made in God's image?
Our spiritual consciousness. God is the Consciousness that is Cause. We are each a reflection of that consciousness that has its spiritual being in and of that Cause.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:03 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
SoCal: I see that you are up to your old tricks again, presenting links to Christian websites and giving them as incontrovertible fact. For believers only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality