Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 11:07 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,002,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
You can believe anything you want... I post the truth.

Your perceived version of it,anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 01:10 AM

33,535 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
SoCal: I see that you are up to your old tricks again, presenting links to Christian websites and giving them as incontrovertible fact. For believers only.
Actually she is connecting you to a new age cult.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:08 AM

123 posts, read 131,301 times
Geez SoCal;

Both of those links are pretty odd don't you think?

The first one starts off with the author pretending to be St. Luke and the other pretends he is Jesus. Both written in the same style.

Why be less than honest? Wouldn't pretending to be these people actually be sacrilidge?

Why would you promote such an obvious scammer?

Old 07-05-2010, 07:13 AM

2,066 posts, read 2,161,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ourself View Post
Geez SoCal; Both of those links are pretty odd don't you think? The first one starts off with the author pretending to be St. Luke and the other pretends he is Jesus. Both written in the same style. Why be less than honest? Wouldn't pretending to be these people actually be sacrilidge? Why would you promote such an obvious scammer?
There is no pretending... these spirit messages are from Jesus, Luke, John... if you read everything they wrote... as I and many others have... you will know it without a doubt.

I don't think the links are odd at all... because I follow Jesus' teachings and I receive God's Divine Love in my soul and I have a very personal relationship with my Heavenly Father, who wants everyone to know who He is... it is confirmation that these messages are true.

If Jesus materialized and told you to your face what his message and teachings are... would you then deny it?

There is none to gainsay or prevent what I do or determine to do (http://tinyurl.com/2b6axo7 - broken link)

Old 07-05-2010, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Actually she is connecting you to a new age cult.
Sorry, this is not a new age cult. The difference is this... new age followers believe that each of us has a divine spark. This is far from the truth. None of us has any divine spark in our souls, unless and until we receive it from our Heavenly Father by our soul longings.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:24 AM

123 posts, read 131,301 times
Quote:
There is no pretending... these spirit messages are from Jesus, Luke, John... if you read everything they wrote... as I and many others have... you will know it without a doubt.
Without a doubt? Then why is the writing style the exact same?

I was unaware that Jesus and Luke were actually the same person.

Quote:
I don't think the links are odd at all... because I follow Jesus' teachings and I receive God's Divine Love in my soul and I have a very personal relationship with my Heavenly Father, who wants everyone to know who He is... it is confirmation that these messages are true.
It may be confirmation to you but all it confirms to me is that people will believe anything.

Quote:
If Jesus materialized and told you to your face what his message and teachings are... would you then deny it?
If Jesus just popped out of nowhere and started talking to me I would take it as nothing more than a personal vision that cannot be proven to anyone.

Quote:
Sorry, this is not a new age cult. The difference is this... new age followers believe that each of us has a divine spark. This is far from the truth. None of us has any divine spark in our souls, unless and until we receive it from our Heavenly Father by our soul longings
This is not the truth, it is simply your opinion.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:05 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,662,333 times
Quote:
You can believe anything you want... I post the truth.
Not when you say "there's no such thing as evolution." It's happening all around you, every day, whether you want to "believe" it or not.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:24 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,859,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Exactly what trait or characteristic does man/woman have that defines them to be made in God's image?
Pride, Greed, Envy, Lust, Sloth, Gluttony,.....dang, there is another one....but.....it just isn't coming to mind just yet............................................... .................... Wait!!!!.....I got it!!!! A bad memory.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnab gib View Post
Not when you say "there's no such thing as evolution." It's happening all around you, every day, whether you want to "believe" it or not.
Sorry, I wasn't specific enough... there is no such thing as human evolution.

"Man, in his creation, was not the slow growth as were some of the other creations of God, but was from and at the beginning made perfect, with the exception of the qualities of Divinity and Immortality. He did not grow from a lower creature, as some of your scientists have proclaimed, by the slow process of evolution, and this a self evolution, resulting from inherent qualities which were developed by experience, but he was created the perfect man."

The True Relationship of Man to the Creation of the World, and the Origin of life (http://tinyurl.com/22jhvsp - broken link)

Old 07-05-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ourself View Post
Without a doubt? Then why is the writing style the exact same? I was unaware that Jesus and Luke were actually the same person. It may be confirmation to you but all it confirms to me is that people will believe anything. If Jesus just popped out of nowhere and started talking to me I would take it as nothing more than a personal vision that cannot be proven to anyone. This is not the truth, it is simply your opinion.
On the contrary, there are God's truths and there are men's truths. These are God's truths... and we are blessed that Jesus and the higher spirits took the time to write them so that we will know what they are and will know how to apply the teachings... prayer to our Heavenly Father to open up our soul to the inflowing of His Divine Love. When our soul becomes awakened and we receive this inflowing, then we know as I said, without a shadow of a doubt, that these writings are authentic.

I've read these messages many times and there are definite differences in their writing styles... as it was the job of Jesus' disciples to write about different subjects and after many of the writings, there were confirmations that the messages were received correctly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality