Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 09:20 PM

621 posts, read 1,209,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyspider View Post
If the earth does not rotate, nor orbit the sun, then how does one explain the behavior of a Foucault pendulum? (Look it up - I'm not going to explain it.) Indeed, even the parallax shift in the position of stars every six months should be enough to indicate that the universe does NOT rotate around the earth.
Anyone...??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 09:24 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,001,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyspider View Post
Anyone...??
Any science that contradicts the Bible is wrong and is the work of the devil,even if it is clearly correct.

Last edited by lifertexan; 07-07-2010 at 09:35 PM..

Old 07-07-2010, 09:35 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,454,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
I used to quote these same stats in defense of homeschooling.The problem is the stats are not apples to apples.Homeschooling families are invariably more well off.You don't have barrio and ghetto parents home schooling.So you are essentially comparing kids far more likely to do well anyways,whether in public schools or homeschooled, in regards to homeschoolers, to the total mix of great to bad in public schools.If you were to pull out the same demographics of public school kids as the homeschooled kids you would see very similar scores,because the scores of the smart public schooled kids would not be watered down by the kids that don't care and do poorly.

In addition,public schooled kids would actually learn proper science,since the primary aim of homeschooling is to avoid having kids taught things like evolution.Never thought though that the issue of the earth rotating would be a hot button issue though.

You are not informed on the subject, as Christian Home-Schooled kids learn more about evolution than government schooled kids do, only they learn they why's and errors and assumptions of it, and learn to defend the truth.
We were not "well off", nor were so many of our acquaintences. We just had our priorities set on the best education we could get for our own kids.
And FYI, my own kids who went to college and graduated got their degrees in science. Even my son who knew he wanted to be a dentist from the time he was in the 8th grade got a B.S. before Dental School, though it was not required to get into Dental School, he did it because I encouraged it.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:39 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,001,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
You are not informed on the subject, as Christian Home-Schooled kids learn more about evolution than government schooled kids do, only they learn they why's and errors and assumptions of it, and learn to defend the truth.
We were not "well off", nor were so many of our acquaintences. We just had our priorities set on the best education we could get for our own kids.
And FYI, my own kids who went to college and graduated got their degrees in science. Even my son who knew he wanted to be a dentist from the time he was in the 8th grade got a B.S. before Dental School, though it was not required to get into Dental School, he did it because I encouraged it.
Learning the supposed errors of evolution while being taught the supposed correctness of creationism may make for more actual time spent on the subject of evolution,but time spent teaching BS and lies about it hardly qualifies as quality education on the subject

Old 07-07-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
You just really could not make up somebody believing in this stuff.Nobody would believe you.

Science is capable of using quantum physics to allow silly folks like this to post their inanities on a website from their home computer,possibly even using wi fi,as I am doing,but then it is denied by these same folks that science can tell something as simple as whether the earth rotates.

No wonder the rest of the world wonders about the sanity of religious conservatives in America.

One good thing.Anytime I need a good laugh I can just come here and read about how the sun isn't a star,is made of crystal,and rotates around a stationary and motionless earth.

And I thank God that I changed my mind about sending my kids to a Christian evangelical school.The thought that my kids might have come out believing even just part of this nonsense instead of real science is scary.
Isn't this funny -in an odd way: You open a thread to challlenge belief in the Word of God as literally true, on the sun standing still, and when it is shown to you that you don't even know what the Word of God does say, you make your posts against my character and mental abilities, when all I am doing is showing you that the Word of God states that:

1 the sun is not a star, but is the "light like a chandelier" that rules/governs/directs the created Light of day one -of creation week.

2 the earth does not wander [planet means to wander], but is fixed in its place.

3 there was no heaven for the sun, moon, or stars to be set in until day 2 of creation week, so the sun, moon, and stars had no place to "be", before there was a stretched out heaven between the divided waters, to set them in.

4 the sun, moon -and the stars were made and set in the stretched out heavens on day 4 of creation week

5 God set His dwelling place/tabernacle/temple in the sun

6 and His temple there is made of tessalated crystal and pillars/tongues of fire.

the heavens and the host of heavenly bodies revolve around the earth, on their ordained courses/paths/highways.

All these things, and more, I proved from the Scriptures to be the language God uses, and means.

-I'm glad you changed your mind about where to send your kids, too. With an attitude against Word of God like you have, they would have been a liability, and not an asset, to the schoool. -But the Evangelical schools, for the most part, follow the same dumbed down educational paths as the government schools do.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:52 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Quote:
You just really could not make up somebody believing in this stuff.Nobody would believe you.

Science is capable of using quantum physics to allow silly folks like this to post their inanities on a website from their home computer,possibly even using wi fi,as I am doing,but then it is denied by these same folks that science can tell something as simple as whether the earth rotates.

No wonder the rest of the world wonders about the sanity of religious conservatives in America.

One good thing.Anytime I need a good laugh I can just come here and read about how the sun isn't a star,is made of crystal,and rotates around a stationary and motionless earth.

And I thank God that I changed my mind about sending my kids to a Christian evangelical school.The thought that my kids might have come out believing even just part of this nonsense instead of real science is scary.
I know, I have a hard time believing anyone would believe this stuff. I mean for one it has been observed, seen, that the earth rotates. We have proof, evidence and observation that it does, that it rotates around the sun that it is on an axis and rotates, yet complete denial by some. Makes me wonder.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Learning the supposed errors of evolution while being taught the supposed correctness of creationism may make for more actual time spent on the subject of evolution,but time spent teaching BS and lies about it hardly qualifies as quality education on the subject
You make assumptions that you cannot prove, but you have answered your own question, yourself //www.city-data.com/forum/14910328-post5.html

Old 07-07-2010, 09:54 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
Why can we not see this crystal temple on the sun?

Old 07-07-2010, 09:57 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Why can we not see this crystal temple on the sun?
Because it is not real. (wait for the bible verse saying it is)

Old 07-07-2010, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I know, I have a hard time believing anyone would believe this stuff. I mean for one it has been observed, seen, that the earth rotates. We have proof, evidence and observation that it does, that it rotates around the sun that it is on an axis and rotates, .
No. there is no evidence that the earth rotates, revolves, or tilts.
You haven't seen it, and there is proof that it does not, besides the Word of God, but you are not interested in proofs. you deny that they are there, and mock the Word of God and mock all who believe it is true, frm Genesis 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality