Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2016, 01:43 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post

Again, you are choosing to engage in a personal attack, going after the source, rather than the argument.
Katzpur has done an OUTSTANDING job of explaining LDS doctrine and pointing out where non-Mormons are in error. There is no need for me to present an argument. She has made numerous posts explaining where carm is wrong. I happily defer to an actual, intelligent, knowledgeable member of the LDS faith.

The question is do you want to learn the truth about LDS doctrine? If so, read Katz's posts. Read LDS.org. If you don't want to learn the truth, you can continue to read what your guru, the aptly-named Slick, says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 01:43 PM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Eusie!! You're back to form! It's been a while since you went all passive aggressive and decided I needed to be called out.
I did not call you out. I pointed to your insulting comments. Is that what the BOM teaches?

Old 11-17-2016, 01:47 PM

4 posts, read 4,073 times
You said ,When you use to go to church. If you do not mind why did you stop going?

Old 11-17-2016, 01:54 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
I pointed to your insulting comments. Is that what the BOM teaches?
I've no idea. I'm not a Mormon and don't live my life checking to see what the BOM says about my posts. Nor do I live my life checking to see what complaints Eusie/omega2xx has.

Old 11-17-2016, 01:56 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
If you don't know the BOM, Pearl OGP, some of your DC's are contradicted by the Bible, you don't know the Bible.

I posted some to katz, did you not read them?
I read them and I responded to them. Which one did I miss?

Old 11-17-2016, 02:06 PM

Quote:
If she hasn't...how would you know? Your argument thus far is that i can't possibly know..because I'm not a mormon. But you seem to think that you CAN know....even though you're not a Mormon. I find that ironic. And hypocritical.
Get back on topic, Vizio. This thread was never intended to be about Mormonism.

Old 11-17-2016, 02:07 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Get back on topic, Vizio. This thread was never intended to be about Mormonism.

I've certainly had nice young mormons knock on my door before....

Old 11-17-2016, 02:09 PM

Quote:
I've certainly had nice young mormons knock on my door before....
That's all very nice, but is beside the point. Perhaps you need to go back and re-read the OP. Now I'm going to just excuse myself (at least for the time being) from this idiotic debate. Who resurrected this six-year-old thread anyway?

Old 11-17-2016, 02:23 PM

16,673 posts, read 15,668,595 times
OK, folks. This thread has gotten way off topic.

Here's the topic:
Aren't you believers happy that we non believers don't go "doorknocking"?

Here's the Opening Post (establishing the main topic for the thread):
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
This thought crossed my mind recently and it amused me. Could you imagine if non believing groups went doorknocking to try and deconvert Christians? Handing out tracts and little magazines. Do you think they'd be angry? I'm not sure. Some probably would be. Others would like the challenge. And there would be a few quacks that would protest and try to have "laws passed" to stop it. When I was in church I NEVER one time went on those silly doorknocking trips. I was to embarrassed. I mean how obnoxious!

Just as a side note, one of my relatives posted on her facebook page recently that she was awoken by her dog barking at 4 in the morning by a doorknocker putting church flyers and tracts in her screen door. Wow.
One thing I'm quite sure of is that there is no place in this thread to be arguing about Mormon theology.

Back on topic, please.

Old 02-04-2018, 04:01 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
This thought crossed my mind recently and it amused me. Could you imagine if non believing groups went doorknocking to try and deconvert Christians? Handing out tracts and little magazines. Do you think they'd be angry? I'm not sure. Some probably would be. Others would like the challenge. And there would be a few quacks that would protest and try to have "laws passed" to stop it. When I was in church I NEVER one time went on those silly doorknocking trips. I was to embarrassed. I mean how obnoxious!

Just as a side note, one of my relatives posted on her facebook page recently that she was awoken by her dog barking at 4 in the morning by a doorknocker putting church flyers and tracts in her screen door. Wow.
I would love to have atheists come by and hang out for awhile. I love atheists, just as much as I love other Christians. I never got into the door knocking thing either, unless it was one of those knock 'n run things I did when I was younger. Or Halloween.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality