Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2010, 11:50 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The studies revealing the negative side of the Gay lifestyle has not come from government statistics?

A (GOVERNMENT STUDY) released May 31 shows 4.4 percent of gay and bisexual men ages 23 to 29 are newly infected each year with HIV the virus that causes AIDS. The survey, timed to mark the 20th anniversary of the discovery of AIDS, is the governments most sweeping evidence yet of a resurgence in the disease among young gay men.

Study: Gay men spreading AIDS at alarming rate - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

The July 2001 issue of GayHealth reported that the (DUCH GOVERNMENT) found 67 percent of HIV- positive men age 30 and younger had been infected by a steady partner. Research also indicates significantly higher levels of violence in homosexual and lesbian relationships compared to traditional married relationships:

The truth about homosexual relationships (http://www.mfc.org/contents/article.cfm?id=1368 - broken link)

A recent study by the (CANADIAN GOVERNMENT) regarding homosexual couples states that "violence was twice as common among homosexual couples compared with heterosexual couples".

Homosexual Couples and Domestic Violence - Conservapedia

Oh and yes, such nagative reporting on the homosexual lifestyle does come from government statistics. So now will you say these governments have an agenda?

And since this post is about the new covenant and the homosexual lifestyle, then perhaps you should start your own post that speaks about being gay without taking into consideration the new covenant. And as far as me being ignorant. Well, I could say the same about you. Scripture speaks of the last days on earth. And in great detail. I personally believe based on what is happening in the world that these days are already here. The play is about to begin, and the actors are being assembled. Sadly, I don't believe you even have a clue. Nor are you even aware of what time it is. And that's because you know nothing about the prophecies of the Bible.
You sound very, very angry and defensive. I'm sorry if I have brought this out in you. I did not mean any disrespect when I called you ignorant. The true meaning of the word ignorant just means lacking knowledge. I simply think that you don't know any gay people - that you lack the knowledge of having a relationship (meaning a friendship) with any gay people. I find that when people actually become friends with gay people, or any people that are different from them for that matter, it is much harder to say bad things about them. I know that you meant to insult me and "get back at me" by calling me ignorant about scripture - and then insinuating that I will get what is coming to me! I actually found that quite humorous, to be honest with you! I don't recall threatening you - I was simply trying to have a discussion with you. But - in all honesty, I am ignorant when it comes to Scripture. I have never read the Bible -nor do I plan on reading the Bible. I'm okay with that.

I don't think there is a government conspiracy. I do think that you have a big problem with gay people. I think that you search for "evidence" that will back you up. I'm not sure where you are finding all these "studies" and I'm not sure why. I've never met a violent homosexual. I'm sure they exist - I just haven't met one - and I know a lot of them. And AIDS is not a punishment for gay people. AIDS is a serious disease that has affected the lives of soooo many people. It is a tragedy.

I think we are done here. I know I'm not going to change your mind. I'm not going to say that I have no desire to - because that would be a lie. I never try to get people to have my same religious beliefs (or lack there of) but I always try to rid the world of intolerance and prejudice. It breaks my heart that there is so much hatred and unacceptance in this world. But - the point of the matter is - I accept that I'm not going to change your mind. I have never meant to be cruel or insulting - and I kind of get the feeling that your patience with me reached it's end long ago and that you are headed in that direction. I have no desire to get into a dirty fight with you - so I will leave you in peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
I remember reading how identical twins will sometimes have one gay and one not. I wonder sometimes if it's a mix of genetics, environmental factors (what I mean is anything you're exposed to, even chemicals or something in the womb, not just your parents), and maybe some other factors altogether. I have seen, on occasion, older women in lesbian relationships who said they weren't particularly interested in that when they were younger. It seems like Meredith Baxter said that or something like it. Maybe for some people it's kind of off/on even. People can be complicated, etc.
It's funny - I actually know identical twins where one is gay and the other is straight! Come to think of it - I know 2 sets of identical twins where that is the case!
As for women coming out later in life or realizing it later in life... This is just my personal opinion - absolutely no scientific evidence or anything!!! I think that, in this culture anyway, it is much more prevelant for women to be more physically intimate with other women even when they are straight - than for straight men to be with other men. Women hold hands, hug, kiss on the lips, etc - and think nothing of it. Straight men do not do that with other men! For a man to want to be intimate with another man - it's going to set off signals in his head that he's "different" right away. For a woman to want to be intimate with another woman - well, she might not see it for what it actually is for a long time since it isn't as out of the ordinary. I'm not explaining this very well... But I hope you get my drift!
But I agree with you - people can be very complicated! We are all so different! Maybe some people actually change sexual preference halfway through life! Who knows!

Old 08-08-2010, 02:05 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You sound very, very angry and defensive. I'm sorry if I have brought this out in you. I did not mean any disrespect when I called you ignorant. The true meaning of the word ignorant just means lacking knowledge. I simply think that you don't know any gay people - that you lack the knowledge of having a relationship (meaning a friendship) with any gay people. I find that when people actually become friends with gay people, or any people that are different from them for that matter, it is much harder to say bad things about them. I know that you meant to insult me and "get back at me" by calling me ignorant about scripture - and then insinuating that I will get what is coming to me! I actually found that quite humorous, to be honest with you! I don't recall threatening you - I was simply trying to have a discussion with you. But - in all honesty, I am ignorant when it comes to Scripture. I have never read the Bible -nor do I plan on reading the Bible. I'm okay with that.

I don't think there is a government conspiracy. I do think that you have a big problem with gay people. I think that you search for "evidence" that will back you up. I'm not sure where you are finding all these "studies" and I'm not sure why. I've never met a violent homosexual. I'm sure they exist - I just haven't met one - and I know a lot of them. And AIDS is not a punishment for gay people. AIDS is a serious disease that has affected the lives of soooo many people. It is a tragedy.

I think we are done here. I know I'm not going to change your mind. I'm not going to say that I have no desire to - because that would be a lie. I never try to get people to have my same religious beliefs (or lack there of) but I always try to rid the world of intolerance and prejudice. It breaks my heart that there is so much hatred and unacceptance in this world. But - the point of the matter is - I accept that I'm not going to change your mind. I have never meant to be cruel or insulting - and I kind of get the feeling that your patience with me reached it's end long ago and that you are headed in that direction. I have no desire to get into a dirty fight with you - so I will leave you in peace.
Well No.1, I said (I COULD) say the samething about you. Saying I could, and saying it are two different things. No. 2, at no time did I say you are going to get yours. I said you don't have a clue about the future, and that is because you have ignored the only Book that can speak to you about the future with authority.

The problem is, the Bible speaks of the past and the future. And it is not just some kind of Book to be ignored. And without it's perspective, one can only go throught life as a blind person. You say it breaks your heart to see intolerance and prejudice. Yet, does it also break your heart that this kind of lifestyle has killed off millions of men, women, and children? AIDS is a serious disease, and the reason for it's rapid spreading is because the vast majority of people have ignored the Biblical warnings, and God's commands. And I know you say your ok with ignoring the Bible. Yet remember, there are millions dead today, because they were also ok with ignoring the Bible.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Well No.1, I said (I COULD) say the samething about you. Saying I could, and saying it are two different things. No. 2, at no time did I say you are going to get yours. I said you don't have a clue about the future, and that is because you have ignored the only Book that can speak to you about the future with authority.

The problem is, the Bible speaks of the past and the future. And it is not just some kind of Book to be ignored. And without it's perspective, one can only go throught life as a blind person. You say it breaks your heart to see intolerance and prejudice. Yet, does it also break your heart that this kind of lifestyle has killed off millions of men, women, and children? AIDS is a serious disease, and the reason for it's rapid spreading is because the vast majority of people have ignored the Biblical warnings, and God's commands. And I know you say your ok with ignoring the Bible. Yet remember, there are millions dead today, because they were also ok with ignoring the Bible.
Like I said, I will not fight with you. I disagree with almost everything that you say - but I'm okay with that. We are all entitled to our own opinions. No two people think the same way - that's the beauty of humanity, in my opinion. Best of luck to you on your journey.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Like I said, I will not fight with you. I disagree with almost everything that you say - but I'm okay with that. We are all entitled to our own opinions. No two people think the same way - that's the beauty of humanity, in my opinion. Best of luck to you on your journey.

Well I agree, no two people can think the same way. Especially when one of those people have imposed upon themself a self censorship. Such a censorship will not allow such a person to consider all the facts. And that is the reason you find yourself on a journey without a map. Good luck with that.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Well I agree, no two people can think the same way. Especially when one of those people have imposed upon themself a self censorship. Such a censorship will not allow such a person to consider all the facts. And that is the reason you find yourself on a journey without a map. Good luck with that.
To each their own. We all have our own map, our own journey, our own path.

Old 08-08-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Well, there is a Book that will never lead you astray. It is a Book filled with truth, knowledge, and speaks of the future. Such a Book, if considered, could of saved millions of lives. The Bible tells us that man has gone in the wrong direction, because man has only considered their own way, and their own path, and man has ignored the one true God. And so many homosexuals have died, because they have ignored this God, and have caused the death of so many more because of AIDS. Your map suggest that such a lifestyle is ok. Yet how can that be? Especially when so much evil, and death has resulted from it. You seem not to care about all those who have died along the way. It seems the only one's you care for, are the ones who have casued these deaths. Strange path you have chosen.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:10 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times
Quote:
This is what his world and "map" looks like to me...

Last edited by Ceist; 03-10-2014 at 02:38 AM..

Old 08-09-2010, 09:51 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,974,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
I can't recall any particular time in my life when I sat down and thought...'Now let me see! Shall I chose to be heterosexual or homosexual'. How about you?

There is no "choice" involved. You are either born gay, straight or bi-sexual.

Nah...not buying it...everyone chooses how they want to be in life...And as long as no one is being harmed, everyone's choice should be respected

Old 08-09-2010, 09:54 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times
Quote:
Well, there is a Book that will never lead you astray. It is a Book filled with truth, knowledge, and speaks of the future. Such a Book, if considered, could of saved millions of lives. The Bible tells us that man has gone in the wrong direction, because man has only considered their own way, and their own path, and man has ignored the one true God. And so many homosexuals have died, because they have ignored this God, and have caused the death of so many more because of AIDS. Your map suggest that such a lifestyle is ok. Yet how can that be? Especially when so much evil, and death has resulted from it. You seem not to care about all those who have died along the way. It seems the only one's you care for, are the ones who have casued these deaths. Strange path you have chosen.
It is a book of fairy tales, myths and magic ,in no way truths ( just to the "believers"), that creates bigots and judgments of others that don't follow what you do.. aka. Christian values, which is just BS. I prefer to read Harry Potter, much nicer and more entertaining. It is just a book written to instill fear in a archaic civilization and create laws and order and was used as a powertrip by governments and others, sadly it kept going. At what point do you understand that not everyone follows the same beliefs you do and you have no right or invitation to inject them into anyone else's life?! What gay people do or don't do has nothing to do with you or any effect on your life or marriage,unless you are just insecure with yourself. BTW Gay people are not even the only way to get aids, it is spread more now through drug uses and heterosexuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality