Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2010, 12:23 PM

478 posts, read 773,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Homosexual priests, are just non Christians whereing priests clothing. Jesus tells us we would know true Christians by their works. Priest that rape boys, are not Christians. They are men that deceive, and they deceive themselves. And in the end, they will receive their just reward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovechrist View Post
Reps for that campbell you make the most snese in this forum
I see that you must not have read his other posts!

As for the one above- eh, he's right, most priests don't deserve the title of christians. Some are damn near the opposite of christ, incarnate. But then so are a lot of christians...

...and when you say that we will know true christians by their works; you're right. We do. And they aren't hard to spot because there aren't very many of them...

Quote:
In other words: Atheists going out of their way to discredit Christians.
What a cop out, using the whole atheist vs. christian thing. First of all nobody goes "out of their way" to discredit christians. Christians discredit themselves plenty all on their own....you using your faith as the reason why someone else of a different or lacking faith would discredit or disrespect you is a prime example. Please, people, take some personal responsibility for your actions without using your religion as an excuse or defense for why you do what you do or think what you think, and try to keep in mind how your actions and words affect people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 12:24 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,970,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Are you blind or just stupid?...You are not only a bigot, but as far as I'm concerned you are guilty of spreading lies that kill people... I'll post what you ignored once again...Yes, Museveni is a Christian, but unlike you he is a Christian I can respect...His ABC program encourages abstinence, and faithfulness to partners, but he is a realist and knows not all are going to comply....Read what C means, bolded and in red for your convenience.

It is president Museveni who introduced the ABC-method around 1997. He told the people that it is a duty to their home country to prevent contamination with the virus. This is why people have to abstain, from having sex until they are married and people have to (be faithful to their partners. However, should they 'commit the deed' or have more than one partner, they have to use (condoms. The message was spread loud and clear by means of radio programs and theatre groups. On large billboards various brands of condoms were advertised. Condoms are cheap and can be bought nearly everywhere.
The history of AIDS in Uganda
There were no billboards saying "follow the bible's teachings"

Well, maybe you are the one that is blind, because even your own link states on page five that fidelity to your partner is the only safe way to keep from getting AIDS. Critics of Ugandas program state that condoms are no longer available everywhere in Uganda. And billbords can be found everywhere in the country speaking of the (MORAL TEXT) and the fidelity in marriage, and abstinence. Also these same billboards disapprove of condoms, and continue to give them a bad reputation. And if the billboards are speaking of the (MORAL TEXT,) then you are also wrong that the billboards are not speaking about the Bibles teachings. I suggest you read your links before you post them.LOL

Old 08-15-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Satan is a more humane Christian than you are. It is "Christians" like you that drive people away from religion of any kind.

Jesus told us that Christians would be few in number. And that is because most people would support the ways of the world, and ignore the ways of God. And that is why millions have died of AIDS. True Christians do not sleep with numerous other men, and then come home and infect their wives. Christians are faithful to the laws of God, and to their wives. And that is why their families survive.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:40 PM

5,536 posts, read 7,110,339 times
Quote:
When you can create the universe, then you can judge God however you want. Until then, you are but a speck of dust before the face of God. And that God is light years beyond your limited mental capacity. When people come here to support the gay lifestyle, which has killed millions of people. How can one begin to reason with such? And that is why the Scriptures tell us, that the time will come when people will not endure sound doctrine, but will be turned away from the truth.

No single being created the universe, so I'll judge the fictional character to which you're referring however I please.

As your "god" supposedly created you in his image, it's really sad you consider yourself only "a speck of dust".

Old 08-15-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
True Christians® do not sleep with numerous other men, and then come home and infect their wives.
IFYPFY

Old 08-15-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
No single being created the universe, so I'll judge the fictional character to which you're referring however I please.

As your "god" supposedly created you in his image, it's really sad you consider yourself only "a speck of dust".

When one considers God's capabilities compared to ours, we are all specks of dust. And God is only a fictional character to those who have never encountered Him. While most people have spend their life trying to ignore His commands, and His Book. I took the other approach. And I can tell you from my own experiences. That the God of the Bible is real and alive. And He reveals Himself to those who seek Him. And God pays special attention to those who oppose the ways of this world, and seeks His truth. And that is why I oppose the belief that homosexuality is a good thing. The evidence suggest just the oppsite.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:23 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,388,557 times
Quote:
Jesus tells us that His sheep hear His voice and follow Him. Homosexuals, and all sorts of other evil doers are not followers of Christ. And churches that promote such a lifestyle, are not followers of Christ either. And that is because such a lifestyle is in total opposition to Biblical teachings. Clearly, the Bible teaches us that before Christ returns, that many would fall away from the faith. Such priests, bishops, and churchs that support the gay lifestyle, are an example of this prophecy being fulfilled. And Scripture shows us, that the generation that sees Israel reastablished as a nation once again. Would be the generation that was living in the LAST DAYS. And these are the days that such a falling away would be experienced.
You make me very sad and I wonder what kind of person would write what you have posted? Some Christians have absolutely no idea of what it means to follow Christ and remind me of the pharisees who acted pious but in their hearts they hated God and His children. Sorry, I am grateful that many Christians are not like you [in other words Christ-like among hate-filled hypocrites].

Old 08-16-2010, 02:37 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
In other words: Atheists going out of their way to discredit Christians.

Reps for that campbell you make the most snese in this forum
I agree, he makes a lot of..."snese".

Old 08-16-2010, 05:19 AM

Quote:
When one considers God's capabilities compared to ours, we are all specks of dust. And God is only a fictional character to those who have never encountered Him. While most people have spend their life trying to ignore His commands, and His Book. I took the other approach. And I can tell you from my own experiences. That the God of the Bible is real and alive. And He reveals Himself to those who seek Him. And God pays special attention to those who oppose the ways of this world, and seeks His truth. And that is why I oppose the belief that homosexuality is a good thing. The evidence suggest just the oppsite.

Think about getting a sandwich sign and preaching your nonsense on a street corner somewhere.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:47 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
Quote:
If people had followed the Biblical way, AIDs never would of been the problem it is today. And that is because the AIDs virus never would of been transmitted through the general population. Yet, you appear to support a lifestyle that guarantees that AIDs will continue to kill off millions of people. So where is the greater evil? Following a Book that perserves life? Or supporting a lifestyle that destroys life? It appears to me, you like the lifestyle that kills off life. And now you call the Book that would save life, evil.

The Bible has somthing to say to people who think this way.

Isaiah 5:20

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness,
Lets see, man hunted killed and ate monkeys, some of which carried the disease, hence man got disease when he ate the meat. It didn't start with gay people and it is not a punishment from "god" to the gay people either. In no way would the Bible save lives, in fact there is so much killing in that book it is scary. You like stoning too? I bet you do.

The Origin of HIV and the First Cases of AIDS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality