Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2010, 04:45 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,389,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
If I am a perversion, then why hasn't God destroyed me? As a gay Christian, God sure doesn't seem to be trying to ruin my life or kill me off. 14 years in the same relationship, two beautiful children, a great church, nice house...

And as for destroying families, seems to be those who live in the "heterosexual lifestyle" are the ones destroying families.

I have yet to see a gay person destroy a family on the basis of simply being gay..... Where do they come up with this stuff?

So you are saying that you are NOT a promiscuous child raping aids spreading pervert???? NO! IT CAN'T BE!!!! LOL! Love ya!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 09:59 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,950,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermint View Post
I'd still like to you if you (and others who believe like you) believe we should adhere to all the OT laws.

Also, could you provide some type of proof independent of the Bible for the following statements:

-"Anytime you oppose God, you will find another new ill that helps to bring down your society."

-"God's desire, is for a man and woman to live with each other for a lifetime."

-"Yet having many partners only helps to spread disease, and often destroys the family."

Thanks.

Study: Homosexual lifestyle strongly linked to depression, suicide (OneNewsNow.com)

Base on the link below their end comment was. Any unbiased reader would have to admit that homosexuality is neither a healthy lifestyle nor a natural one.

http://www.equip.org/articles/is-hom...lthy-lifestyle-

Sorry about the above link, it is being blocked. Title is.
Is Homosexuality a Healthy Lifestyle? By Joseph P. Gudel

Old 07-19-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
I have yet to see a gay person destroy a family on the basis of simply being gay..... Where do they come up with this stuff?

So you are saying that you are NOT a promiscuous child raping aids spreading pervert???? NO! IT CAN'T BE!!!! LOL! Love ya!

Role of Homosexual Sex in Spread of AIDS in Africa Long Ignored, Medical Journal Lancet Reports.

Liberdade de Expressão - Role of Homosexual Sex in Spread of AIDS in Africa Long Ignored, Medical Journal Lancet Reports

Old 07-19-2010, 10:33 PM

33,501 posts, read 37,013,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Study: Homosexual lifestyle strongly linked to depression, suicide (OneNewsNow.com)

Base on the link below their end comment was. Any unbiased reader would have to admit that homosexuality is neither a healthy lifestyle nor a natural one.

If homosexuals are more prone to suicide and depression it is caused by the prejudice, hate and bigotry of people such as yourself...Put yourself in their shoes, and try and think how you would feel about all this hate aimed your way.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:52 PM

33,501 posts, read 37,013,406 times
Quote:
Role of Homosexual Sex in Spread of AIDS in Africa Long Ignored, Medical Journal Lancet Reports.

Liberdade de Expressão - Role of Homosexual Sex in Spread of AIDS in Africa Long Ignored, Medical Journal Lancet Reports
You are trying to say that AIDS is strictly a homosexual disease, but nothing could be further from the truth.

Heterosexuals are at greatest risk amongst those engaging in unsafe sex practices in China.
Heterosexual contact spreading AIDS in China

In Africa, where it is estimated that more than 2 million people have been infected with the AIDS virus, the disease strikes men and women equally. AIDS is spread among adult Africans primarily by vaginal intercourse, and it is rampant in the large, overcrowded cities of central and western Africa.
Medicine: Just How Does AIDS Spread? - TIME

In the United States, about one third of HIV/AIDS cases newly diagnosed in 2007 resulted from heterosexual encounters, the most rapidly growing transmission category. HIV/AIDS in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

AIDS and HIV world report....July 13, 2010... Learn the truth here Campbell.
AIDS and HIV around the world

Old 07-20-2010, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You are trying to say that AIDS is strictly a homosexual disease, but nothing could be further from the truth.

Heterosexuals are at greatest risk amongst those engaging in unsafe sex practices in China.
Heterosexual contact spreading AIDS in China

In Africa, where it is estimated that more than 2 million people have been infected with the AIDS virus, the disease strikes men and women equally. AIDS is spread among adult Africans primarily by vaginal intercourse, and it is rampant in the large, overcrowded cities of central and western Africa.
Medicine: Just How Does AIDS Spread? - TIME

In the United States, about one third of HIV/AIDS cases newly diagnosed in 2007 resulted from heterosexual encounters, the most rapidly growing transmission category. HIV/AIDS in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

AIDS and HIV world report....July 13, 2010... Learn the truth here Campbell.
AIDS and HIV around the world

Aids can be spread in a number of ways. Yet the homosexual lifestyle has assisted in the spread of Aids. And that is because their lifestyle often involves many and numerous partners. And that is the truth sanspeur. And in no way am I saying that the homosexual lifestyle is the only way Aids is being spread. That is you just trying to put words in my mouth.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:30 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,389,928 times
Quote:

Well gee it is a good thing that denverian doesn't live in Africa or have many partners.....quit ignoring it. Gays can be monogomous too. There is no way to spread aids if you have one partner. Fact.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:09 AM

2,319 posts, read 4,786,031 times
Quote:
I'd still like to you if you (and others who believe like you) believe we should adhere to all the OT laws.

Also, could you provide some type of proof independent of the Bible for the following statements:

-"Anytime you oppose God, you will find another new ill that helps to bring down your society."

-"God's desire, is for a man and woman to live with each other for a lifetime."

-"Yet having many partners only helps to spread disease, and often destroys the family."

Thanks.
Quote:

This really didn't answer my questions. I can infer your answers from the article. The data is in line with other research, but the assertions about why homosexuals suffer depression is not. Other research articles and journals report unknown causes and that the field is under studied so I can't give credence to their assertions about why.

Let's leave that. Back to the OP, what do you believe about the new covenant between God and man? Do you believe man should still follow the laws, or that man has been set free through Christ, or something in between - like we should follow God's laws, but if we sin, Christ covered it? What's your take on that?

Old 07-20-2010, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Well gee it is a good thing that denverian doesn't live in Africa or have many partners.....quit ignoring it. Gays can be monogomous too. There is no way to spread aids if you have one partner. Fact.

Most gays do not live in monogomous relationships. And that is just one of the problems with such a lifestyle. As a former homosexual William Aaron explains: In the gay life, fidelity is almost impossible. Most homosexual relationships are those where there is an arrangement between the two to have affairs on the side while maintaining the semblance of permanence in their living arrangement.

Consider the links below.

A Dr. Paul Cameron pamphlet on homosexuality

Welcome to ForTheChildrenInc.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:43 PM

Quote:
This really didn't answer my questions. I can infer your answers from the article. The data is in line with other research, but the assertions about why homosexuals suffer depression is not. Other research articles and journals report unknown causes and that the field is under studied so I can't give credence to their assertions about why.

Let's leave that. Back to the OP, what do you believe about the new covenant between God and man? Do you believe man should still follow the laws, or that man has been set free through Christ, or something in between - like we should follow God's laws, but if we sin, Christ covered it? What's your take on that?

When Christ stopped the men from stoning the woman to death for adultry, and just before she walked away Christ told her, TO GO AND SIN NO MORE. It is Gods desire that we still follow His law. God will forgive us, if we are willing, (TO TURN FROM OUR SIN). Christ does not cover those who willingly disobey. There is no blank check for people who oppose God. And that is why Jesus tells us, (THAT HIS SHEEP) hear His voice, and they follow Him. And so those who do not follow Him, are not His sheep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality