Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 09:46 AM

63,766 posts, read 40,030,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I'm taking breaks from organizing the tool/materials room so I can fit the car load in that I just brought back home.
Maybe my head needs organizing too, since the bolded underlined part is the only thing I can see that even remotely touched on my questions.

But, let's go with that.
Simplified, for us non-believers, does that equate to 'being in tune with nature' and feeling 'out of sorts' if we try to fight against it?(i.e ...trying the wear a 3 piece wool suit in 92 dgeree weather)
But even so, that does not address the questons I asked .
On another forum you even mentioned sinning in reference to what nature would only see as following sexual impulse so there must be more to it all for you than simple 'nature'
Afterlife? Fealty? Sin?Consequences?(Other than feeling discomfitted.....which may be conscience due to nothing more than upbringing)
There is no SIN if there is no unloving hurt or harm to any sentient life (including oneself), period. Does that simplify it enough for you, old_cold? As to after-life . . . there is no such thing. It is all CONTINUING life because our consciousness (as pure energy) is already eternal and cannot be destroyed (only transformed). Until science can show something that can take "MysticPhD consciousness energy" and transform it into something else . . . I remain convinced of its eternal nature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 10:06 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,177,249 times
and, to borrow a phrase, what would be the 'wages of sin', Mystic?
The eternal life idea is clear. Whether or not it remains sentient may be an issue.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:06 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,208,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is no SIN if there is no unloving hurt or harm to any sentient life (including oneself), period. Does that simplify it enough for you, old_cold? As to after-life . . . there is no such thing. It is all CONTINUING life because our consciousness (as pure energy) is already eternal and cannot be destroyed (only transformed). Until science can show something that can take "MysticPhD consciousness energy" and transform it into something else . . . I remain convinced of its eternal nature.
Please help me understand exactly what it is you are saying....are you claiming that our consciousness (each individuals consciousness) was around before our birth into physical life?

Old 07-16-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Please help me understand exactly what it is you are saying....are you claiming that our consciousness (each individuals consciousness) was around before our birth into physical life?
ALL consciousness is eternal because that is what our reality is comprised of (God's consciousness) . . . what we call energy. MY consciousness had a beginning in the physical factory of my body and brain as it transforms the energy in other forms into my unique consciousness. MY unique consciousness will have no end (unless something I am unaware of is capable of transforming my unique consciousness energy into some other form.)

Old 07-16-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
and, to borrow a phrase, what would be the 'wages of sin', Mystic?
The eternal life idea is clear. Whether or not it remains sentient may be an issue.
Sin . . . being essentially error and a wasteful use of our life energy . . . means we will suffer loss . . . but we will still be saved (because our consciousness energy is eternal).

Old 07-16-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
ALL consciousness is eternal because that is what our reality is comprised of (God's consciousness) . . . what we call energy. MY consciousness had a beginning in the physical factory of my body and brain as it transforms the energy in other forms into my unique consciousness. MY unique consciousness will have no end (unless something I am unaware of is capable of transforming my unique consciousness energy into some other form.)
So what exactly happens to our unique consciousnesses when our physical body dies?

Old 07-16-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
So what exactly happens to our unique consciousnesses when our physical body dies?
We stop adding to it and altering its " cumulative character" . . . some would say we lose our ability to correct our failings (retune) to attain resonance or some harmonic with God's consciousness. There is insufficient evidence or inspiration to speculate further.

The scriptural references to "lakes of fire" or "pools of fire" seem way too analogous to galaxies . . . and one of the "forms" of energy that we cannnot measure (like our consciousnesses) is dark matter. Dark matter is responsible for the formation and holding together of those "pools of fire." A pessimist might consider that to be the fate of failed consciousnesses. The other form of unmeasurable energy is Dark energy and is responsible for the continuous expansion of the universe . . . which is a reasonable fate for the successes in joining God's consciousness.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
We stop adding to it and altering its " cumulative character" . . . some would say we lose our ability to correct our failings (retune) to attain resonance or some harmonic with God's consciousness. There is insufficient evidence or inspiration to speculate further.

The scriptural references to "lakes of fire" or "pools of fire" seem way too analogous to galaxies . . . and one of the "forms" of energy that we cannnot measure (like our consciousnesses) is dark matter. Dark matter is responsible for the formation and holding together of those "pools of fire." A pessimist might consider that to be the fate of failed consciousnesses. The other form of unmeasurable energy is Dark energy and is responsible for the continuous expansion of the universe . . . which is a reasonable fate for the successes in joining God's consciousness.
I'm having a little trouble following this....so my unique consciousness merges with the universe if I am atuned to God? What happens to my unique consciousness if I'm not?

Old 07-16-2010, 01:10 PM

23,170 posts, read 26,177,249 times
"but we will still be saved" ......................
"We stop adding to it and altering its " cumulative character" . . . some would say we lose our ability to correct our failings (retune) to attain resonance or some harmonic with God's consciousness."
I do note you state "some would say", not necessarily you say, but aren't these two thoughts contradictory?Unless you mean saved, as in 'stored' .

As to your unique energy...."you"....I gather you don't see the possiblity of what comprises your energy 'fragmenting" or dissipating,so to speak, so that there is nothing cohesive left of 'you' once no longer contained within your physical body?

Old 07-16-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
I'm having a little trouble following this....so my unique consciousness merges with the universe if I am atuned to God? What happens to my unique consciousness if I'm not?
You have been producing consciousness for a long time . . . it is not a singular entity. The "parts" (moments of your life) that are "out-of-tune or Off-key" will have a different fate than the "parts" that are harmonically attuned. I did provide speculation about what those fates might be . . . but that is all that there is . . . speculation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality