Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 03:30 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
I have this horrible feeling that series of fantasy books is stunningly silly. What say you, old_cold?

Ptsum: do you have a goodly supply of hard cider, or should I bring some? Remember though; we can't offer any to the joyous outbounders, right? It's a mortal sin after all....
rifleman, I have a goodly supply of hard cider and a goodly supply of some other libations just in case and since we can't offer any to our departing outbounders, I figured that's just more for us........ and besides, I'll have a good view of their departure from my front porch here in the Appalachians...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 10:43 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,183,065 times
ptsum: May I attend? I'll bring gin and tonic water.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:08 AM

593 posts, read 890,197 times
Default What would you do if you weren't raptured

Great question for tons of reason's not withstanding our lack of "complete" knowledge of what signs or events will take place when rapture occurs. Then we ask when will rapture take place (Pre,Mid,PostTrib)? The general belief appears to be Pre (the "church" (believers) are "caught up" with the dead first then the living). Why? Pre? well there isn't a reason for the church to go through this unspeakably horrible period of suffering that God has set asside for His wrath on Israel and the worlds "left behind" ("gentiles") both of whom rejected Jesus. There is reason to fear being left behind since the disruption of life might be something pretty hard to wrap your brain around. Rapture will be a supernatural event and many teachers of scripture use one example of a scary and "sudden" senario whereby people designated to drive (cars,buses,18 wheelers),fly,operate trains/subway/ships/mass transit/medical procedures/amusement rides and so on will be gone in an instant!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So to answer the original question you will need to be "prepared" (food pantry,water,emergency supplies to sustain you for a
very long time perhaps in the absense of any assistance,interstate commerse,electricity,utilities and grid locked gasless vehicles blocking all roads and tens of thousands dead from a variety of causes. If you are stable it would be adviseable to reconsider your beliefs and accept Christ before the 3.5 year of Trib. Antichrist and his bad boys will require you to denounce God and receive the mark on your hand or foehead. Refusing means beheading, but it's your last chance to martyr yourself and
be saved. Jesus actually returns officially after Tribulation and Armegedon chronologically. He wipes out millions from a confideration of Islamic countries set on destroying Israel (it takes 6 months to bulldoze the bodies and seven years (another 7 here for study elsewhere) to clean up the weapons. The 12 tribesof 12,000 of Israel(144,000) become disciples of Jesus.....finally and join gentiles in proclaiming Jesus. Meanwhile antichrist and satan are tossed into the Lake of Fire.... bye now. And this begins the thousand year reign of Christ. More detail than you requested sorry I'm a goof.

In Christ Das

Last edited by DASULAR17; 07-31-2010 at 12:13 AM.. Reason: problem with formating

Old 07-31-2010, 12:51 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,915,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brennantempe View Post
qwerthyjkulikuyjhgfdbgtnhym,lkmjnhbgvfdcxbghnjukl; loyjhgfvredwswefrtgyujkilo9;p.ol,kjmnhbqwerthyjkul ikuyjhgfdbgtnhym,lkmjnhbgvfdcxbghnjukl;loyjhgfvred wswefrtgyujkilo9;p.ol,kjmnhbqwerthyjkulikuyjhgfdbg tnhym,lkmjnhbgvfdcxbghnjukl;loyjhgfvredwswefrtgyuj kilo9;p.ol,kjmnhbqwerthyjkulikuyjhgfdbgtnhym,lkmjn hbgvfdcxbghnjukl;loyjhgfvredwswefrtgyujkilo9;p.ol, kjmnhbqwerthyjkulikuyjhgfdbgtnhym,lkmjnhbgvfdcxbgh njukl;loyjhgfvredwswefrtgyujkilo9;p.ol,kjmnhbqwert hyjkulikuyjhgfdbgtnhym,lkmjnhbgvfdcxbghnjukl;loyjh gfvredwswefrtgyujkilo9;p.ol,kjmnhbqwerthyjkulikuyj hgfdbgtnhym,lkmjnhbgvfdcxbghnjukl;loyjhgfvredwswef rtgyujkilo9;p.ol,kjmnhbqwerthyjkulikuyjhgfdbgtnhym ,lkmjnhbgvfdcxbghnjukl;loyjhgfvredwswefrtgyujkilo9 ;p.ol,kjmnhbqwerthyjkulikuyjhgfdbgtnhym,lkmjnhbgvf dcxbghnjukl;loyjhgfvredwswefrtgyujkilo9;p.ol,kjmnh bqwerthyjkulikuyjhgfdbgtnhym,lkmjnhbgvfdcxbghnjukl ;loyjhgfvredwswefrtgyujkilo9;p.ol,kjmnhbqwerthyjku likuyjhgfdbgtnhym,lkmjnhbgvfdcxbghnjukl;loyjhgfvre dwswefrtgyujkilo9;p.ol,kjmnhbqwerthyjkulikuyjhgfdb gtnhym,lkmjnhbgvfdcxbghnjukl;loyjhgfvredwswefrtgyu jkilo9;p.ol,kjmnhbqwerthyjkulikuyjhgfdbgtnhym,lkmj nhbgvfdcxbghnjukl;loyjhgfvredwswefrtgyujkilo9;p.ol ,kjmnhbqwerthyjkulikuyjhgfdbgtnhym,lkmjnhbgvfdcxbg hnjukl;loyjhgfvredwswefrtgyujkilo9;p.ol,kjmnhbqwer thyjkulikuyjhgfdbgtnhym,lkmjnhbgvfdcxbghnjukl;loyj hgfvredwswefrtgyujkilo9;p.ol,kjmnhbqwerthyjkulikuy jhgfdbgtnhym,lkmjnhbgvfdcxbghnjukl;loyjhgfvredwswe frtgyujkilo9;p.ol,kjmnhbqwerthyjkulikuyjhgfdbgtnhy m,lkmjnhbgvfdcxbghnjukl;loyjhgfvredwswefrtgyujkilo 9;p.ol,kjmnhbqwerthyjkulikuyjhgfdbgtnhym,lkmjnhbgv fdcxbghnjukl;loyjhgfvredwswefrtgyujkilo9;p.ol,kjmn hbqwerthyjkulikuyjhgfdbgtnhym,lkmjnhbgvfdcxbghnjuk l;loyjhgfvredwswefrtgyujkilo9;p.ol,kjmnhbqwerthyjk ulikuyjhgfdbgtnhym,lkmjnhbgvfdcxbghnjukl;loyjhgfvr edwswefrtgyujkilo9;p.ol,kjmnhbqwerthyjkulikuyjhgfd bgtnhym,lkmjnhbgvfdcxbghnjukl;loyjhgfvredwswefrtgy ujkilo9;p.ol,kjmnhbqwerthyjkulikuyjhgfdbgtnhym,lkm jnhbgvfdcxbghnjukl;loyjhgfvredwswefrtgyujkilo9;p.o l,kjmnhbqwerthyjkulikuyjhgfdbgtnhym,lkmjnhbgvfdcxb ghnjukl;loyjhgfvredwswefrtgyujkilo9;p.ol,kjmnhbqwe rthyjkulikuyjhgfdbgtnhym,lkmjnhbgvfdcxbghnjukl;loy jhgfvredwswefrtgyujkilo9;p.ol,kjmnhbqwerthyjkuliku yjhgfdbgtnhym,lkmjnhbgvfdcxbghnjukl;loyjhgfvredwsw efrtgyujkilo9;p.ol,kjmnhbqwerthyjkulikuyjhgfdbgtnh ym,lkmjnhbgvfdcxbghnjukl;loyjhgfvredwswefrtgyujkil o9;p.ol,kjmnhbqwerthyjkulikuyjhgfdbgtnhym,lkmjnhbg vfdcxbghnjukl;loyjhgfvredwswefrtgyujkilo9;p.ol,kjm nhbqwerthyjkulikuyjhgfdbgtnhym,lkmjnhbgvfdcxbghnju kl;loyjhgfvredwswefrtgyujkilo9;p.ol,kjmnhbqwerthyj kulikuyjhgfdbgtnhym,lkmjnhbgvfdcxbghnjukl;loyjhgfv redwswefrtgyujkilo9;p.ol,kjmnhb
Well actually, your second and fifteenth points are not that logical. Try again!

Old 07-31-2010, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASULAR17 View Post
Great question for tons of reason's not withstanding our lack of "complete" knowledge of what signs or events will take place when rapture occurs. Then we ask when will rapture take place (Pre,Mid,PostTrib)? The general belief appears to be Pre (the "church" (believers) are "caught up" with the dead first then the living). Why? Pre? well there isn't a reason for the church to go through this unspeakably horrible period of suffering that God has set asside for His wrath on Israel and the worlds "left behind" ("gentiles") both of whom rejected Jesus. There is reason to fear being left behind since the disruption of life might be something pretty hard to wrap your brain around. Rapture will be a supernatural event and many teachers of scripture use one example of a scary and "sudden" senario whereby people designated to drive (cars,buses,18 wheelers),fly,operate trains/subway/ships/mass transit/medical procedures/amusement rides and so on will be gone in an instant!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So to answer the original question you will need to be "prepared" (food pantry,water,emergency supplies to sustain you for a
very long time perhaps in the absense of any assistance,interstate commerse,electricity,utilities and grid locked gasless vehicles blocking all roads and tens of thousands dead from a variety of causes. If you are stable it would be adviseable to reconsider your beliefs and accept Christ before the 3.5 year of Trib. Antichrist and his bad boys will require you to denounce God and receive the mark on your hand or foehead. Refusing means beheading, but it's your last chance to martyr yourself and
be saved. Jesus actually returns officially after Tribulation and Armegedon chronologically. He wipes out millions from a confideration of Islamic countries set on destroying Israel (it takes 6 months to bulldoze the bodies and seven years (another 7 here for study elsewhere) to clean up the weapons. The 12 tribesof 12,000 of Israel(144,000) become disciples of Jesus.....finally and join gentiles in proclaiming Jesus. Meanwhile antichrist and satan are tossed into the Lake of Fire.... bye now. And this begins the thousand year reign of Christ. More detail than you requested sorry I'm a goof.

In Christ Das
Q: does this diatribe in any way address the OP's question, or is it just another proselytizement? It surely doesn't seem to answer the "what if" question, but rather seems to want to explain what is supposed to happen, which is, of course, only a personal opinion based on absolutely nothing but the supreme hope that it does.

But... thanks for playing anyhow! & G'night loyal believers and skeptics all!

Old 07-31-2010, 07:21 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
ptsum: May I attend? I'll bring gin and tonic water.
catman, I've got a large front porch, the more the merrier....

Old 07-31-2010, 08:04 AM

Default Zing! "Say! What was that dust puff by your foot, Preacher?"

Hmmm... with a good "field of fire", as we ex-snipers tend to assess?

(you know, to dissuade, with some pronounced prejudice, the encroaching onslaught of liberals or Christians hell-bent on "change". Since, as we realize; "they know best!" I always do give 'em a free warning shot though... I'm nothing if not fair!!)

Old 07-31-2010, 08:12 PM

697 posts, read 1,072,037 times
I don't believe in the Rapture. Those Left Behind books are all based on bad theology. Everything in the Bible that supposedly talks about Rapture is actually talking about the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD. So it is a nonsense question to me.

Old 07-31-2010, 08:25 PM

697 posts, read 1,072,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Silly questions cannot be taken seriously. What if I asked you..."What would you do if your child was carried away by a two headed dragon?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CXr0JQRGLU

That video is bizarre! A Christian comedian did that? I don't know what to think about THAT!

Old 07-31-2010, 08:40 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,267,353 times
Actually, I'd probably start flapping my arms really hard if I wasn't already floating up. (Sorry no picture)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality