Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2010, 03:12 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Are you reading impaired??? Here's what I said...read it very slowly since you didn't comprehend it the first time.

It isn't the preferred choice of mine...I am Agnostic...that means I DON'T KNOW AND NEITHER DOES ANYONE ELSE...I think I've made that very clear. You've never seen me posit that I knew for a fact God didn't exist have you??? No you haven't.

Go back and read it again....real slow this time so that you can comprehend exactly what it says...do it again and again until it sinks in.

FYI...you don't KNOW diddly you troll...no matter how much you bluster otherwise. Being Agnostic is not convenient...it's being HONEST. I don't know and I don't speculate nor do I give my opinion about what it might or might not be...simply because I DON'T KNOW AND NEITHER DOES ANYONE ELSE.

See, read and learn the above in my previous response...you don't have squat...you have your opinion and we all know what those are like...some people are just prone to believe in fairty tales, myths and legends all of their lives...most of us become educated and grow up.

I'm gonna use one of Mystic's favorite sayings: If that is all you've got...go back to the schoolyard and play with the kiddies!
You make the mistake of thinking...Don't agree = Don't comprehend. Of course you put in the usual "troll", "prone to belief in fairy tales, myths, and legends", "not educated", etc. Please note, that you guys need some new insults...those are played out...and weren't very good to begin with.

Also...you can only make reasonable declarations about YOUR OWN knowledge, or lack thereof...not that of OTHERS.

What it boils down to is "debate equity and fairness"...I accept what you said about yourself...if it is logically POSSIBLE---and you accept what I said about myself...if it's logically POSSIBLE...fair and equitable, right?

Soooooo----The information that you have directly supplied about YOURSELF...is your declaration that you DON'T KNOW...I necessarily accept that you don't...since it is a logical POSSIBILITY that you don't...and I will work with that. Note that, I will accept that you weren't being "convenient", but being "HONEST", when you declared your lack of knowledge.

The information that I have directly supplied about MYSELF...is my declaration and that I DO know...and you necessarily need to accept I do...since it is a logical POSSIBILITY that I do...and you work with that. Note that, I wasn't being "convenient", but being "HONEST", when I declared my knowledge.

So there ya go...fair and equitable...based on what we each disclosed about our knowledge...You don't know--and I do.

Note to self....avoid admitting I don't know something, during a debate about it.

See? I did have more...but I must ask...I really like kiddies (they are so innocent, genuine, and honest)...can I play with them anyway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 03:15 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
God wanted both the Adam and Eve to be helpers of the Garden...and to tend and keep it, and even multiply it out....with out touching said plant or tree at the center point.

But they did not listen, nor obey the warnings of God..
....which your god knew would happen right....due to him being omnimax?

Old 07-22-2010, 09:47 PM

409 posts, read 399,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
You didn't answer my direct question....perhaps it is because you can't.

Provide scripture where this statement, that you made, can be found:

He created angels and some of them chose to disobey God, Satan being the first. When he disobeyed God, that's when he became Satan. It's all in the Bible for all to read.

Show us all where it says the angels disobeyed God including where satan disobeyed as the first and then was named satan after that point...afterall, according to you it is all in the bible for us to read...so please provide the scripture where it states this.
With Satan, it was in the garden of eden. With some of the other angels, it was before the flood when some of the angels came down to earth and started taking wives for themselves.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
No, you didn't explain it all. All you did was post meaningless nonsense that had absolutely nothing to do with what I asked you.

The question was...due to the omniscience of your deity he would have know everything that would happen regarding his 'creation'. Why then did he continue with it knowing that A+E would disobey, knowing that his angels would rebel, knowing that he would have to destroy everything and start again etc etc?

Please address that particular point instead of rambling incoherently about things that have nothing to do with what I'm asking you.
According to Genesis 22:12, God doesn't know every decision we will make until we make them. In the scripture below he didn't know until after Abraham was about to offer his son as a sacrifice.

Genesis 22:12 (King James Version)

12And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:05 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,957,115 times
It is interesting to me that all of the attacks on God are aimed at the God of the Christian Bible. It is the neverending debate of the stalwarts. Those on the Christian side cannot ever give an inch on the infallibility of "the word". On the other hand, the atheist/agnostic crowd usually gives a reasonable wave to the (even remote) possibility that there is a God, or creator, as long as we don't have to discuss the nonsensical fairytales in the bible. At what point will we be able to discuss existence at this level rather than the obviously incoherent bible literalist level?

Old 07-22-2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
It is also in the Bible that God enjoys evil. Note Job.

Why would God get rid of something He enjoys and created for His pleasure?

Ephesians 3:9
And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 3:8-10
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Colossians 1:15-17
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Regards
DL
God allowed Satan to test Job. It was Satan's idea and the bad things Job experienced were done by Satan. The only enjoyment God could have gotten out of it was Job's display of faithfulness to God.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:17 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,957,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avasa View Post
God allowed Satan to test Job. It was Satan's idea and the bad things Job experienced were done by Satan. The only enjoyment God could have gotten out of it was Job's display of faithfulness to God.
When the Gingerbread man crossed the river, the fox certainly had already decided to eat him. Imagine the disappointment of the cow, farmer, and pig when they saw they were too late.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:28 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
According to Genesis 22:12, God doesn't know every decision we will make until we make them.
Whew! At last you answered the actual question.

So, then, your god does not know our decisions until we actually make them. Then it must follow that your Bible is wrong when it says that he is omniscient.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Do it my way and love me for it or burn forever is not to love God because we want to. It is because we do not enjoy the prospect of burning forever.

Holding a torch under someone's ass is not forcing them to move. They can chose to remain there.

YouTube - Free Will - "God" style: a gift?

You should do as your Bible tells you to do. You seem to be a good example of why, sit at the back of the church, listen to your husband and shut up, is recommended by your Bible.

Regards
DL
There is no place of eternal torment. God is love, he would not torment people for all eternity. And the disrespect of women, that you displayed, is an example of man's ignorance to scripture. What the scriptures really mean is that men are the ones to be teaching the congregation.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:36 PM

33,523 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
There is no place of eternal torment. God is love, he would not torment people for all eternity. And the disrespect of women, that you displayed, is an example of man's ignorance to scripture. What the scriptures really mean is that men are the ones to be teaching the congregation.
What? Women are not smart enough to teach? Admit it Christianity, like most other religions is patriarchal.

You still haven't answered my question...Who do you think is more powerful, God or Satan, and why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality