Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2010, 09:17 AM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avasa View Post
I answered, you just didn't like my answer. I believe the Bible, I do not believe in dragons.

At that time, God dealt directly with his people. If they broke his laws they were punished. Each crime had a proper punishment.

The Bible tells us to abstain from blood. With the Jehovah's Witnesses involvement in the medical field, there has been much progress made in finding alternatives to blood transfusions. We love our children but we do believe in doing God's will.

Abortion is taking a human life. Cloning is wrong because only God creates beings. I don't know enough about stem cell research to make a comment about it yet.
Sadly . . . what you do claim to know says far more about what you "don't know enough about" than do your claims. May God forgive you for what you do not know . . . but think you know. The ignorance incorporated into what you "think you know enough about" is extremely dangerous. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 01:40 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,105,301 times
Quote:
Quote:
I answered, you just didn't like my answer.
That seems to be your pat answer for most questions.

Quote:
I believe the Bible,
Yes I know. To the point of idol worship.

Quote:
I do not believe in dragons.

That was not the question I was asking or issue of that little story.

If you think I do believe in dragons and will not allow that they might exist then why should we believe in your impossible creatures?

Reciprocity is fair play and you can hide in fantasy but will not allow others the same.

We are so far apart we will never be able to communicate any better than you have done with others.

I can only suggest that you follow your Bibles advise and sit at the back of the church, shut up and take advise from the men.

Come and find me if you ever grow up child.

Regards
DL

Old 08-12-2010, 04:11 AM

409 posts, read 399,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
So you believe in talking snakes and talking donkeys...but you don't believe in dragons. Why is that?

So there IS something that your god can't do after all?
Go look at the scripture I just posted.
Snakes and Donkeys exist.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Sadly . . . what you do claim to know says far more about what you "don't know enough about" than do your claims. May God forgive you for what you do not know . . . but think you know. The ignorance incorporated into what you "think you know enough about" is extremely dangerous. God bless.
There is much I don't know, naturally but what have I said on these forums that you think I don't know about?

Old 08-12-2010, 04:16 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Quote:
Yes, there is much evidence that asses exist

Old 08-12-2010, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
That was not the question I was asking or issue of that little story.

If you think I do believe in dragons and will not allow that they might exist then why should we believe in your impossible creatures?

Reciprocity is fair play and you can hide in fantasy but will not allow others the same.

We are so far apart we will never be able to communicate any better than you have done with others.

I can only suggest that you follow your Bibles advise and sit at the back of the church, shut up and take advise from the men.

Come and find me if you ever grow up child.

Regards
DL
Of course I worship God.

If you choose to believe in dragons, that's your choice.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:12 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Yet another pathetic dodge to avoid the question put to you. I didn't ask you if snakes and donkeys exist, I already know that they do. I asked you why you believed in the existence of talking snakes and talking donkeys but not in dragons.

Please at least make an attempt at answering the questions that are being put to you.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Yet another pathetic dodge to avoid the question put to you. I didn't ask you if snakes and donkeys exist, I already know that they do. I asked you why you believed in the existence of talking snakes and talking donkeys but not in dragons.

Please at least make an attempt at answering the questions that are being put to you.
I think she already gave you the stock answer for this one......God can make them talk if he wants to.
Of course, that may have been in answer to something else.......it fits almost any question

Old 08-12-2010, 06:15 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I think she already gave you the stock answer for this one......God can make them talk if he wants to.
Of course, that may have been in answer to something else.......it fits almost any question
Unfortunately....this is the STOCK answer you get from most when they have no explanation. It's rather sad that they have to resort to this...I would much rather they look at the issues we present with their minds fully open instead of with their biblical blinders firmly in place.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Unfortunately....this is the STOCK answer you get from most when they have no explanation. It's rather sad that they have to resort to this...I would much rather they look at the issues we present with their minds fully open instead of with their biblical blinders firmly in place.
Until you want to promise everlasting life in a 'heavenly' type place, tell them by praying that they might get whatever they ask for (Of course that's a might, but that doesn't seem to faze them) there's not a lot of chance they'll willingly remove those blinders.
Hope springs eternal when thinking you'll get something given to you rather than having to work for it yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality