Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2010, 10:04 AM

7,074 posts, read 12,337,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman6 View Post
I would say that God stands outside of the universe and holds it in his hand.
I think the song says that God has the "whole world" in his hands; not the universe. Seriously though, I won't rule out the possibility of there being a God outside of our known universe. Doing so (ruling out God) would be like placing a limit on reality.

However, I am convinced that the bible is a false teaching of god and spirituality; invented by a few men in order to control most men.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:08 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,849,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Who lied?...you did.
Let people read the thread for themselves. They will decide whether or not you have used the argument form authority to prove the existence of your man-god.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:13 AM

454 posts, read 498,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
I think the song says that God has the "whole world" in his hands; not the universe. Seriously though, I won't rule out the possibility of there being a God outside of our known universe. Doing so (ruling out God) would be like placing a limit on reality.

However, I am convinced that the bible is a false teaching of god and spirituality; invented by a few men in order to control most men.
I assume you are referring to the Roman Catholic Churches influence over western civillisation from about 313AD to 1700AD. If so, I don't understand how one can blame a book for controlling the masses as the book wasn't even allowed to be read by the masses.

Anyway, thanks for the comment. Every little contribution helps.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:13 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,849,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
...what part of "unless" don't you get?
Well I get this bit....

"Many of the finest EXPERT thinkers OF ALL TIME proclaim Jesus as having existed as a person---This alone, is PROOF to anyone that isn't self deluded."

...and stop getting pissy because you weren't looking where you were going and fell down the hole you've been digging.
Over and out!

Old 08-09-2010, 12:25 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,208,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post

Your assessment is 100% accurate in those arenas...it is the blind sheeple who refuse to educate themselves who will continue to live in the bible god delusion.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:28 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,664,342 times
[quote=ChristyGrl;15399246]Your assessment is 100% accurate in those arenas...it is the blind sheeple who refuse to educate themselves who will continue to live in the bible god delusion.[/QUOTE]

They probably know this but the fear drives them to deny it. The Bible still to this day is a great tool of fear.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:45 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,953,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman6 View Post
I assume you are referring to the Roman Catholic Churches influence over western civillisation from about 313AD to 1700AD. If so, I don't understand how one can blame a book for controlling the masses as the book wasn't even allowed to be read by the masses.

Anyway, thanks for the comment. Every little contribution helps.
I think I have to agree with her. Roman Catholic influence is found in most Protestant denominations and even Fundamentalism owes much of what it believes on Catholic doctrines. Some dropped obviously, but a lot of what was originally Catholic carried over into its off-shoots. In that sense, the book and its interpretation can lie at the root of so many non-believers and other-believers issues with it.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:46 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,516,494 times
They probably know this but the fear drives them to deny it. The Bible still to this day is a great tool of fear.[/quote]

Fear is the most effective human emotion when you want to control people and lord over them. Religions learned it early on, and government followed suit for the simple reason you go with what works.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:47 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,725,220 times
[quote=Nea1;15399301]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Your assessment is 100% accurate in those arenas...it is the blind sheeple who refuse to educate themselves who will continue to live in the bible god delusion.[/QUOTE]

They probably know this but the fear drives them to deny it. The Bible still to this day is a great tool of fear.
it's amazing the amount of fear that some old rewritten misinterpreted forged book can instill into it's believers.. a lot..!!! who the hell wants to be a course on satans grill..

Old 08-09-2010, 12:47 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,208,974 times
[quote=Nea1;15399301][quote=ChristyGrl;15399246]Your assessment is 100% accurate in those arenas...it is the blind sheeple who refuse to educate themselves who will continue to live in the bible god delusion.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Sooner or later, as people become educated in this area, they will no longer accept that as truth...for they will know the actual truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality