Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 11:14 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,686,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
..........I'm assuming you also think it funny that in the old testament there is a law where not only is someone who committs beastiality put to death but so is the animal? What did the animal do to deserve getting killed? ....
Have you seen them? All of them parade around buck naked, arousing impure thoughts. I say "off with ther heads!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 11:19 AM

454 posts, read 498,679 times
Quote:
So let me get this straight. You're essentially laughing at the fact that God wiped out all the innocent wildlife on the planet and any other people who may have not done any harm to anyone? I'm assuming you also think it funny that in the old testament there is a law where not only is someone who committs beastiality put to death but so is the animal? What did the animal do to deserve getting killed? Do you also laugh at the man getting stoned to death for collecting firewood on a sunday? How about countless people throughout the inquisition not believing in "Jesus" as their personal lord and savior getting tortured? Find that funny as well? Rack and pinion the heathens?
*bobs down, looks up, yells out* INCOMING!

Nah, that's cool. Well, first the old Inquo buso was the good ol' boys stepping out of The Vatican. They're bad, and that's all that one need say about them. Please see Revelation 17 for more information regarding their final destination.

I was laughing at the 99.999999 and the 'bit extreme', I love the art of under-statement. Yeah, God's pretty full on isn't he. But yeah, he was chastising his creation.
I reckon it's pretty important to remember that God's plan is fairly large for the human mind. What he did in the beginning was necessary for the end. God intends to have a creation which spends its timeworshipping him, like the angels in heaven.
He was showing his awesome power and majesty and sovereignty. God's awesome man. There's nothing like God. So awesome, yet so humble that he made himself like usjust so that he could be a pure sacrifice. WOW!!

And about the Law, yeah, again, God is hardcore, and he doesn't miss a beat, and he was chastising his chosen people. He administered the Law he had given through Moses. I am sure that justice was always done. I am sure that every human that is struck down by God receives eternal justice.

Anyway, I really like this back and forth about God and Jesus and all that.ACE!

Old 08-06-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
They were not punished for their lack of belief, but for their disobedience.

God told them only one thing to not do. But they rejected what God said and beleived they knew more then the creator. Guess that really showed them that they were wrong! Not only did sin enter the world, but A & E had to die and everyone of thier offspring.

Thank God that God sent his son Jesus Christ to come into the world, live a perfect life and reunite us with the Father by allowing himself to die on the cross!
ROFLMAO. When I first looked I thought A&E was Accident and Emergency. Hahaha!

But yeah, thank God for sending his Son praise Jesus Christ King of heaven and earth!

Imagine that. A big white building with lots of little windows right smack bang in the middle of the Garden of Eden.
Sorry bro. Can't help myself sometimes.

Praise Jesus Christ!

Old 08-06-2010, 11:24 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,620,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I'd say that murder by drowning 99.999999% of all life on the planet a bit extreme. What do you call it?
Did you miss the part in the bible where it said the whole world was currupt and filled with all kinds of evil?! The only people that were saved at that time were Moses, his family, and the animals! EVERYONE and EVERYTHING else was defiled! Because they disobeyed and refused to listen to God. They had pride, arrogance, rebellious hearts and minds and they perished because of it. I don't feel sorry for them either. I feel sorry that their pride and arrogance ultimately led to their demise. It has been that way since the beginning! All the prideful empires and aincent cities fell because of the evil of their people! Humans never learn unfortunately.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:30 AM

2,191 posts, read 4,806,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman6 View Post
I reckon it's pretty important to remember that God's plan is fairly large for the human mind. What he did in the beginning was necessary for the end. God intends to have a creation which spends its timeworshipping him, like the angels in heaven.
He was showing his awesome power and majesty and sovereignty. God's awesome man. There's nothing like God. So awesome, yet so humble that he made himself like usjust so that he could be a pure sacrifice. WOW!!
First of all Revelations is the most confusing bass ackwards book in the bible with all kinds of numbers and strange monsters for all the whack jobs to predict end of the world type stuff. I'll pass.

Don't you see the large contradiction in what you posted. You say God wants everyone all over the world to just worship him all day long and then proceed to talk about how humble God is. He can't be both, that is a complete contradiction. How about the OT talking about how jealous and wrathful God is then all of a sudden in the NT he's supposed to be this all forgiving, loving, peaceful type of guy. Its not the same God and I don't care how many bible passages you throw at me. I can throw just as many back at you that show a total contradiction of the Abrahamic God. You say he's forgiving and I'll show you where he gives no second chance to the man breaking the law. You show me God who is loving and I show you God who wipes out entire populations of people because they aren't "chosen" (whatever thats supposed to imply). You show me a God who is understanding and I show you one who is homophobic. There is no end to the contradictions in the bible. The only way you can honestly believe in what you're saying is to ignore HUGE portions of the bible. Then it makes it a religion where you cherry pick what to believe in, and what to ignore. And what is that anyway? Picking random verses to throw at people to show 'God is loving' is no way to prove points, yet most Christians do it as if it makes them some type of authority where you hope your audience isn't as bible educated as yourself.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:34 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman6 View Post
LMAO. That's cool. Is that a recurring decimal point?

My answer is: God whooping ass! Praise Jesus. LOL(Pardon the French!)
Yea, just think of all the babies, small children that suffered a horrible death, by some bully, and you praise that? Suffer little children, struggle with all your might, feel the murky water enter your lungs. You defend that?

Thank your for a great example of the insanity and outrageous levels that hatred can exceed to believing in a spiteful god.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:36 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Did you miss the part in the bible where it said the whole world was currupt and filled with all kinds of evil?!
Even babies, even animals, even plants all killed by this egotistical tyrant? Dude you stand with that, my standard are much much higher than that.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:38 AM

2,191 posts, read 4,806,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
and they perished because of it. I don't feel sorry for them either.
What do you feel sorrow for? How about children put to death for cursing their parents? Was that just and fair punishment? And animals being wiped out by a flood...you mean to tell me the animals deserved it...that they willfully and intentionally defiled God? What do you make of the sections of the bible talking about slavery including how much slaves are worth and what happens if you beat one so badly they die? Apparently God is tolerant of some human races being treated as property because its in the bible.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
First of all Revelations is the most confusing bass ackwards book in the bible with all kinds of numbers and strange monsters for all the whack jobs to predict end of the world type stuff. I'll pass.

Don't you see the large contradiction in what you posted. You say God wants everyone all over the world to just worship him all day long and then proceed to talk about how humble God is. He can't be both, that is a complete contradiction. How about the OT talking about how jealous and wrathful God is then all of a sudden in the NT he's supposed to be this all forgiving, loving, peaceful type of guy. Its not the same God and I don't care how many bible passages you throw at me. I can throw just as many back at you that show a total contradiction of the Abrahamic God. You say he's forgiving and I'll show you where he gives no second chance to the man breaking the law. You show me God who is loving and I show you God who wipes out entire populations of people because they aren't "chosen" (whatever thats supposed to imply). You show me a God who is understanding and I show you one who is homophobic. There is no end to the contradictions in the bible. The only way you can honestly believe in what you're saying is to ignore HUGE portions of the bible. Then it makes it a religion where you cherry pick what to believe in, and what to ignore. And what is that anyway? Picking random verses to throw at people to show 'God is loving' is no way to prove points, yet most Christians do it as if it makes them some type of authority where you hope your audience isn't as bible educated as yourself.
WOW! You guys go hardcore! That's cool.

It always goes down like this. I like to just step back and allow the convo continue without me as I am no scholar. Anyway, anyone want eggs?

Just kidding bro, Anyway if you think Jesus is cool, why don't you believe in him? And why can't humility be worshipped? And I don't mind if you tee off. Go your hardest, it's all good!

Old 08-06-2010, 11:40 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,620,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Even babies, even animals, even plants all killed by this egotistical tyrant? Dude you stand with that, my standard are much much higher than that.
You believe you came to be from a gorilla. How high could your standards be? Children perished as well as everyone else in those days because of the sins and ignorance of their parents. If their parent's didn't believe there was going to be a flood, what makes you think they would let their children in the ark?! Animals? I could have sworn Moses took 2 of EVERY animal that there was. Plants? Are you kidding me? I'm so over this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality