Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 05:50 PM

17,775 posts, read 13,665,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post

In that respect animals cannot sin in the theological sense, since they did not have any part in Adam's disobedience. They cannot understand the concept. Though oddly enough they share in death which was the punishment for that disobedience.
Now I think you are forgetting your serpents. That whole deal cost those serpents their legs you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 06:08 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,397,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Animals are considered sinless by God for the simple fact that they are animals. They were not created in his image. They cannot receive the holy spirit. Nor can they worship. Therefore they cannot sin in the eyes of God.
If an animal can't worship, you ain't never met my dog. I doubt that I'm worthy of it, but I've never seen a finer example of unconditional love, and it's from what you call an "animal"

Old 08-10-2010, 03:38 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Now I think you are forgetting your serpents. That whole deal cost those serpents their legs you know.
Rather oddly, the present theory is that snakes evolved from lizards - by losing their legs. Of course it may simply be evolution supposition; after all, were the Darwinist- believers there? And if, snakes evolved from lizards, why are there still lizards?

Old 08-10-2010, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
If an animal can't worship, you ain't never met my dog. I doubt that I'm worthy of it, but I've never seen a finer example of unconditional love, and it's from what you call an "animal"
Hah! That's not 'worship' or 'Love! That creature just sees you as his security, protector and meal - ticket...now, with my worship and love of God, it's quite diff...ahhh.... "

Old 08-10-2010, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Let me guess...You have never owned a dog, have you?....If you had, you would know what I highlighted is incorrect.
True...animals know what is right and wrong - once we've told them. Until then they just do what suits them.

Humans are just the same. They too are just animals and behave the same way until taught otherwise.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:44 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,438,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Christians often refer to, "The sinful nature of man." and "original sin of mankind."

My question is: Do/can animals sin? Why or why not?
No, animals cannot sin, because to sin they would need something to sin against. For example, God gave Adam and Eve one commandment; Do not eat of this one certain tree. He did this so Adam and Eve could live righteously. That means to live in right standing with God. To have a choice of freewill to do good or evil, but to chose good. When Adam and Eve ate of the fruit, there was no magical powers in the fruit that caused a curse to come upon the earth, but their act was disobedience against God. God is the authority and Judge since he is creator and the universe is his creation. He can set up the rules and He has.

Animals on the other hand were given no commandments by God. So, there is nothing for them to sin against.

Quote:
Could it be said that the "sinful nature of man" is really man's animal instincts/behaviors inherited through evolution of the species?
No! man does not have animal instincts. God created man similar to animals. He created us with inherant behaviors to survive in this creation of his. But man is not animal. Man did not evolve, because there is no such thing as evolution. Evolution is just mans attempt to explain the events of the past based on the things he sees around him in the present. Evolution is not science, but is rather a story that sometimes uses science to attempt to prove a point. However, those who are open to scientific discovery will see that science favors the creation model as found in Genesis then an Evolutionary model.

It has been said by the scientific community that evolution is a theory. But, alas a theory is highly supported and evolution is not. Evolution is rather just a hypothesis (someones idea) which is poorly supported by conjecture (ie. claims made by evolutionists with no support by evidence).

God created all animals similar in structure. Evolutionists look to the similarity claiming common decent. But rather it is just common design.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:48 AM

454 posts, read 498,530 times
Quote:
Christians often refer to, "The sinful nature of man." and "original sin of mankind."

My question is: Do/can animals sin? Why or why not?

Could it be said that the "sinful nature of man" is really man's animal instincts/behaviors inherited through evolution of the species?
I used to have a dog. He used to ee inside. That was bad form, but I don't consider it to be sin as God gave his Law to humans who were created in his image and therefore animals can't sin.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:32 AM

1,208 posts, read 1,831,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Animals are considered sinless by God for the simple fact that they are animals. They were not created in his image. They cannot receive the holy spirit. Nor can they worship. Therefore they cannot sin in the eyes of God.

How about the serpent in the garden of Eden? Didn't it sin when it tempted Eve?

Old 08-10-2010, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
.... Man did not evolve, because there is no such thing as evolution. Evolution is just mans attempt to explain the events of the past based on the things he sees around him in the present. Evolution is not science, but is rather a story that sometimes uses science to attempt to prove a point. However, those who are open to scientific discovery will see that science favors the creation model as found in Genesis then an Evolutionary model.

It has been said by the scientific community that evolution is a theory. But, alas a theory is highly supported and evolution is not. Evolution is rather just a hypothesis (someones idea) which is poorly supported by conjecture (ie. claims made by evolutionists with no support by evidence).

Nikk, me ol' mate, I really, really, do not know how anyone who can type in the words 'Talk Origins' and read what's in front of them can possibly post anything as fatuous as this.

Please let us all know what scientific evidence favours the creation model as found in Genesis rather than an evolutionary model, and please don't just post pictures of contorted fossil skeletons which you suppose died in the Flood.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:57 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,333,090 times
As my dogs lord and master, it is I who define good and bad.

And the other night, it was I that cast judgement upon that large stinky mass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality