Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 10:56 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Here is an excellent article by one of my favorite Christian websites explaining down to a tee why he believes half the world is possibly going to hell. It should answer all your questions.

Billions of people are going to Hell

Now do I think half the world is going to hell? Probably. This world has strayed so far. We are WORSE than those of the days of Noah. I'm not trying to be rude or anything. But I try to face facts. It's not going to be easy on this living generation of the world. This is a very stubborn, evil, and self centered generation. But thankfully as many that will not accept God now, they will be given second chances after the rapture. Provided death does not meet them first. God is very loving. He created us and set up life a certain way. We rebel against him and totally desecrate how he made things, you better believe he's not going to tolerate it! If your parent's didn't put up with your BS, what on Earth makes you think God will?! Especially with you as a adult with free will which he gave you! You do the crime, you do the time. Don't blame God if you end up wherever you end up after this life because you heard the Gospel enough to be talking about it now and you blatantly refused. You did not want salvation. So that's completely on you. You have a chance to have eternal life NOW, NOW is the time. Not later. Not when your on your death bed. Now is the time to repent and become saved because there is a literal spiritual clock ticking for the time Jesus returns, and you don't have much time. Get your inheritance and stop playing around!
Yes...you are correct...he set us up to fail right from the very begging and holds us responsible for it.

Here's the crux of the entire inane system...God, who is omniscient (this means he knows everything that's going to happen before it actually does) creates humans (who he already knows before hand will fail but does it anyway) and, in effect, sets them up to fail, then gives them the boot out of his perfect garden when they do fail (just as he already knew they would) and curses them and everyone after them...and yet...we are responsible for this???????? And don't even get me started on the Noah tale....more inanity....God creates humans, who he sets up to fail from the very beginning, but then destroys them because they don't measure up (which he already knew was going to happen due to his omniscience)....is anyone else seeing how illogical and irrational the entire system is????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 11:03 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,526,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Where is your reference? Or is this you perceived idea of how many are going to hell? If we are making up numbers I think over 90% of people will enter heaven!

Making up #'s, you're foolish, if you think that countries like China, India and Japan are mostly Christian. That's about 20% of the world popuation right there.......

No, His knowing does not affect your choice. Just like your memory of the past cannot affect your past!

Yes, the only way into heaven is through Jesus Christ.

Remember, it is God's harvest and he will send those who are willing into his harvest. You are assuming that there are no Christians in these countries that are pridominantly of another religion. But, Christianity is being preached throughout the whole world. There will be a time in the near future where no one will be without excuse for all will know the gospel and have heard it preached to them.

Regardless, it is written: "Seek and you will find, Knock and it will be opened to you." So, anyone who is hungry will find God. Not through these other religions, but God will reveal himself to that person no matter what ungodly nation they are living in. Remember Abraham was of the Ur of the Chaldees (Modern day Kuiwait). He sought God and God told him to leave that country and go to another. By his faith, he became the father of faith. So, how much more easier would it be for God to come to any person in this day and age with Christianity so easily accessable to the world. There is no place on the earth that can say it is so far removed that God cannot meet them!

So, your reasoning is incorrect, because you do not know the influence that Christianity has on the world and of the power of God to save.

Seems like a judgemental post.
While Jesus is one way to get to heaven, based on God' loving nature.....
I find it hard to believe that Jesus is the ONLY way.

Old 08-11-2010, 11:14 AM

7,725 posts, read 12,618,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Yes...you are correct...he set us up to fail right from the very begging and holds us responsible for it.

Here's the crux of the entire inane system...God, who is omniscient (this means he knows everything that's going to happen before it actually does) creates humans (who he already knows before hand will fail but does it anyway) and, in effect, sets them up to fail, then gives them the boot out of his perfect garden when they do fail (just as he already knew they would) and curses them and everyone after them...and yet...we are responsible for this???????? And don't even get me started on the Noah tale....more inanity....God creates humans, who he sets up to fail from the very beginning, but then destroys them because they don't measure up (which he already knew was going to happen due to his omniscience)....is anyone else seeing how illogical and irrational the entire system is????
Christy, God does not set anyone up to fail. Because if he did, none of us would ever go to heaven. It's your own choice RIGHT NOW while your living on this Earth to believe or disbelieve in him. People are becoming Christians everyday. You think God set them up to not believe and then all of sudden believe. No. This is a problem with human beings ever since the beginning of time. Accepting responsibility for our actions. It seems that we never can UNTIL AFTER the consequences have affected us.

Being in jail for drunk driving, or a murder, or a robbery. No one made you do these things. As an adult, it doesn't matter what background you come from, you live in a society with rules you know full well. It's your own choice to commit those crimes. If you grew up in crappy neighborhood or even an abusive home or anything, the laws of society never change. You still MUST follow the rules. When you get out of that house as an adult, you have no one else to blame but yourself if you choose to go out and commit those crimes. Life did not set you up. You were born into that kind of life. As we are BORN sinners. It's entirely up to you if you want to change your life around. As if you want to believe in Jesus Christ as your savior who died on the cross for our sins so you can have everlasting life. It's ALL UP TO YOU.

But when you blatantly refuse the gospel time after time, reject God time after time, you get hit by a bus and find yourself in hell, you have no one to blame but yourself! Do you know that demons in hell taunt you forever about your rejection of Christ? Oh yes! They REMIND you CONSTANTLY about those times in your life when you were offered salvation and refused! That's an awful price to pay when you could have had eternal life and happiness in Heaven with Christ! That's why I really don't get what people are refusing when they say they don't want to get saved.

Old 08-11-2010, 11:21 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,189,754 times
'"That's why I really don't get what people are refusing when they say they don't want to get saved."

Allen893
Read this veeery slowly and carefully.
Many people do NOT believe they were born sinful...do not believe there is a hell to be sent to.
There is nothing to be saved from and there is noplace to be saved for.
It's very easy to 'get'

Old 08-11-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Christy, God does not set anyone up to fail. Because if he did, none of us would ever go to heaven. It's your own choice RIGHT NOW while your living on this Earth to believe or disbelieve in him. People are becoming Christians everyday. You think God set them up to not believe and then all of sudden believe. No. This is a problem with human beings ever since the beginning of time. Accepting responsibility for our actions. It seems that we never can UNTIL AFTER the consequences have affected us.

Being in jail for drunk driving, or a murder, or a robbery. No one made you do these things. As an adult, it doesn't matter what background you come from, you live in a society with rules you know full well. It's your own choice to commit those crimes. If you grew up in crappy neighborhood or even an abusive home or anything, the laws of society never change. You still MUST follow the rules. When you get out of that house as an adult, you have no one else to blame but yourself if you choose to go out and commit those crimes. Life did not set you up. You were born into that kind of life. As we are BORN sinners. It's entirely up to you if you want to change your life around. As if you want to believe in Jesus Christ as your savior who died on the cross for our sins so you can have everlasting life. It's ALL UP TO YOU.

But when you blatantly refuse the gospel time after time, reject God time after time, you get hit by a bus and find yourself in hell, you have no one to blame but yourself! Do you know that demons in hell taunt you forever about your rejection of Christ? Oh yes! They REMIND you CONSTANTLY about those times in your life when you were offered salvation and refused! That's an awful price to pay when you could have had eternal life and happiness in Heaven with Christ! That's why I really don't get what people are refusing when they say they don't want to get saved.
Allen...I hate beating a dead horse into the ground...but my little friend you are mistaken about that. Pay very close attention to what I'm about to post and please read it...read it again...and reread it again if you have to so you can absorb this fact into your mind:

If God is OMNISCIENT (that means he knows "EVERYTHING" that is going to happen before it does) and creates humans who he already knows ahead of time WILL FAIL, BE KICKED OUT OF THE GARDEN AND CURSED, WILL HAVE TO BE DESTROYED FOR DISOBEDIENCE AND EVILNESS, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH....how is this NOT GOD SETTING US UP TO FAIL FROM THE VERY BEGINNING?????

Let me illustrate: If I made a sandwich (it's lunchtime here and I haven't had a chance to eat yet...so my mind is on food) with meat I knew contain salmonella...and I served that sandwich to someone (knowing full well ahead of time that the meat was loaded with salmonella and that it would make one sick as a dog...but served it anyway) and that someone, eats the sandwich I served them and gets sick as a dog...who is at fault for that????? Would you not deduce it was ME...of course you would...because it's plain old common sense...and the same premise holds true for the God scenario.

OH and BTW....the Christian thingy...I've been there and done that (for way longer than I care to admit...suffice it to say it was decades) and left it behind. Perhaps you should look into the reasons why we've left the faith (I promise you...we really do have good and solid reasons) instead of always trying to reconvert us back...which IMHO...is pointless at this stage of the game.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:35 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,345,554 times
Quote:
You mean a law that would override our freedom of speach? I don't think so!
No, I mean a law that would stop hate speaches against ANY group of people in a public place. Such a law would stop hate speaches against Christians too.

A public speach is one thing, but a hate based call to destroy a segment of the human population is another. I've heard such speaches against gays with my own ears from people that call themselves Christians.
Quote:
BTW, are you offended also by those schools that show people in car crashes who don't use safety belts? That's the same thing, showing what will happen to you if you are not prepared for the worst!
Showing such things in a classroom with an educated message is one thing. Showing such things on a downtown street corner while spewing hate filled messages at others (that don't think like yourself) is another.

Sorry, but IMHO, the second the speaker's messages turns towards hate is the second the local police should carry the idiot off in handcuffs. I say charge him for being a terrorist. That is EXACTLY what he is when you think about it.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:54 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Allen...I hate beating a dead horse into the ground...but my little friend you are mistaken about that. Pay very close attention to what I'm about to post and please read it...read it again...and reread it again if you have to so you can absorb this fact into your mind:

If God is OMNISCIENT (that means he knows "EVERYTHING" that is going to happen before it does) and creates humans who he already knows ahead of time WILL FAIL, BE KICKED OUT OF THE GARDEN AND CURSED, WILL HAVE TO BE DESTROYED FOR DISOBEDIENCE AND EVILNESS, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH....how is this NOT GOD SETTING US UP TO FAIL FROM THE VERY BEGINNING?????
I cannot for the life of me understand why people like allen et al do not to understand the above. The logic of it is so simple. Nobody can be so dim as to not 'get it'. There can be only one explanation and that is that they don't want to 'get it'.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing that can excuse the 'omniscience question'. If you know that the consequences of an action will be adverse and you allow the action to continue when you are in a position to prevent it, then the consequences of the action you allow become your responsibility. In my country we call it "Culpable Negligence" and it is an offence.

Old 08-11-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
I cannot for the life of me understand why people like allen et al do not to understand the above. The logic of it is so simple. Nobody can be so dim as to not 'get it'. There can be only one explanation and that is that they don't want to 'get it'.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing that can excuse the 'omniscience question'. If you know what the consequences of an action will be adverse and you allow the action to continue when you are in a position to prevent it, then the consequences of the action you allow become your responsibility. In my country we call it "Culpable Negligence" and it is an offence.
You will get absolutely NO ARGUMENT out of me buddy....this is one of the issues that drove me away from Christianity...the inanity of following this kind of diety is ridiculous. I should revere and worship a diety that set me up to FAIL TO BEGIN WITH...that is pure-un-tee asinine.

And...I can't for the life of me understand why the religious refuse to acknowledge this FACT!

Old 08-11-2010, 01:44 PM

465 posts, read 528,640 times
Quote:

God wants to create a human named Billy.

He knows Billy will never accept Christ.

Why does he create Billy?

As bad as Calvinism is, at least they understand this.

Old 08-11-2010, 01:51 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detmi7mile View Post
God wants to create a human named Billy.

He knows Billy will never accept Christ.

Why does he create Billy?
So that he can send Billy to hell to be tortured for eternity.

Brilliant 'eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality