Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 07:38 AM

409 posts, read 399,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Nope.

Do I think the men who rewrote the Bible many times over to suit their own agendas are? Yep.
The agenda being what? There's many religions out there with many beliefs that are not Biblical. One example is that all good people go to Heaven. The Bible does not support that belief. That belief being a popular one, would have been supported by the Bible if man was able to change God's word to support that belief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 08:16 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avasa View Post
The Bible says that God can not tell a lie. He wouldn't allow his word to be filled with lies.

Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.
1Kings 22:23

Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets.
2 Chron 18:22

Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people.

Jer 4:10

O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived. Jer 20:7

And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet.
Ezekiel 14:9

For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.
Thessalonians 2:11

Old 08-11-2010, 08:21 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,106,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Well, you should have a problem with the above... 'cause it doesn't make sense... a true book about our Heavenly Father should not contain any contradictions, inaccuracies, fables, fiction, or any other thing that would cause us to take wild guesses at who and what He is.

Our Heavenly Father created living things... and the highest creatures are us... He didn't create evil... which isn't a creature... it is a wrongdoing... a sin against our soul. But having said that, evil is a creation of both men's and women's thoughts and actions and these wrongdoings affect our soul adversely... they defile it and make it dark and ugly and grundgy. And it is our soul's condition that we need to pay attention to.

Now as far as Satan is concerned... who thought up that whopper anyway? It is a symbol for evil and that's it. There is no entity that was ever a fallen angel... this didn't happen. And why wouldn't it happen? Because once our souls are purified completely, there is no way sin would ever become a part of it any longer... we are free from sin. Therefore, to suggest that there was a being in Heaven who fought against our Heavenly Father is nothing short of absurd.

"There never were any rebellions in heaven of any of the angels of God, and whenever such a thing is mentioned in the Bible it has no foundation in fact, for there never was a Seraphim or any other angel that fell and became the devil or Satan, as he is called..."

No Such Thing as Fallen Angels (http://tinyurl.com/2do8dtj - broken link)
What is your religion?
It cannot be Christian as you just scrapped most of the Bible.
Not that I blame you but just wondering of your use of heavenly father.

You speak of purifying our souls.
Were they not created perfect and if so, the logic trail above applies and perfection cannot go to imperfection.

Regards
DL

Old 08-11-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Do you think God is a liar?
If you are given a gift, use it for a time, and then the one who gave you that gift takes it back without your permission, and is thus an Indian giver, would you call that a lie?

The giver is in effect saying, I am giving you this gift, when in reality, he is not, as demonstrated by his taking it back or away from you.

If not a lie, is that a sin and what is the sin called?

I know you do not answer too many direct question but this should be easy for you.

Regards
DL

Old 08-11-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
The agenda being what? There's many religions out there with many beliefs that are not Biblical. One example is that all good people go to Heaven. The Bible does not support that belief. That belief being a popular one, would have been supported by the Bible if man was able to change God's word to support that belief.
If things are to be as perfect in the end as in the beginning, then no evil would be allowed in God's universe.

There can be no hell or evil if as scripture says, God eliminates evil.

You, like many Christians think God a loser.
Is God and His works perfect.
The way many Christian see God is to see Him screwing up heaven with evil.
Strike one.
They then see God screwing up man's beginning in Eden.
Strike two.
They then see God cleaning house in Noah's day with Genocide and starting over.
Strike three.
They now wait for His return at end time to clean house yet again.
Strike four.
Strike four?
God plays by His own rules I guess.
You and I both know that this view must be false if God‘s works are as perfect as scripture indicates.
To my way of thinking, God gets things right the first time and every time.
This is why He has not and will not return. His perfect systems are here today the same way that they were here in the beginning. He judged Eden as good.
It is just to us to see it. I do. Even with sin and evil and woes, all is perfect and humming along exactly as God wants it to. I call it evolving perfection.

Did your version of God get it right or does He need to return to fix things?

Regards
DL

Old 08-11-2010, 09:07 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
The Bible says that God can not tell a lie. He wouldn't allow his word to be filled with lies. A careful study of the entire Bible will give us knowledge of God. He can't be blamed if we choose not to carefully study his entire word.
However, Satan is said to be the great deceiver. Maybe your God is really Satan posing as your God to deceive you.

This could explain your God's endorsement of racism, genocide, slavery, cruel and unusual punishments, sexism, sacrifice, wars, etc...............

Old 08-11-2010, 09:29 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,162,488 times
Quote:
Their agenda was to build up their churches... and I guess they accomplished what they set out to do, 'cause look how many there are. But do they teach about Jesus' true mission? No, because they don't know about it. His teachings were omitted as the re-writings occurred and didn't focus on soul development, which is what Jesus taught.

Countless Changes Have Been Made in the Copying and Recopying of the Original Manuscripts Left by the Disciples and Apostles of Jesus (http://tinyurl.com/3xj7bhv - broken link)

There are two Heavens... so will good people go to one of them... probably so. But in order to step one foot into the Celestial Heavens where Jesus is the Master, one needs to have a soul that is divine and completely purified with God's Divine Love. No other way will anyone be allowed there who isn't. But here's the good news... we're all invited and this invitation came with the birth of Jesus, because he was the first human being to seek with all of his soul longings through prayer to our Heavenly Father for His Love. When Jesus became divine, he became the Christ. This is something that we can do right here and now ourselves... follow in his footsteps if it our heart's and soul's desire. This was Jesus' teachings then and now. So either we can accept this most gracious invite, which I am, or we can say... nah, don't think it suits me. The choice is always ours.

Last edited by SoCalAngel2009; 08-11-2010 at 09:38 PM..

Old 08-11-2010, 10:11 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,162,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
What is your religion? It cannot be Christian as you just scrapped most of the Bible. Not that I blame you but just wondering of your use of heavenly father.

You speak of purifying our souls. Were they not created perfect and if so, the logic trail above applies and perfection cannot go to imperfection.

Regards DL
Divine Love Christian. This is where I'm coming from... in order for salvation or immortality to occur, our souls must be purified and cleansed and we must become divine... this is accomplished by merely asking our Heavenly Father to help us open up our soul so that His Divine Love, which is His very essence, will flow in.

This powerful love removes sin and all of its encrustments that gets lodged on our souls throughout our lives... it's an on-going process and like I've posted before, I've been praying and receiving His Love for over 30 years... some years receiving a whole lot more than others, depending on what was going on at the time. It's only been in the last almost two years that I now have a personal relationship with Him... so receiving His Love before that, I didn't pay attention to Him specifically on a daily basis, only that I knew my soul was receiving it and whenever I would pray for different things, my prayers would be answered. Oh, and because of our personal relationship, I know that He's my Father and I no longer refer to Him as God.

Our souls before they are incarnated are perfect... they live in the Heavens where our Heavenly Father creates them, but once they are implanted in a fetus in the mother's womb, then our soul takes on the propensity to sin from four generations... not that we will sin because of what our ancestors did, but it could very well be possible. But stuff happens in our lives... we may get angry, hateful, hurtful, hold grudges, sometimes do things or say things to another that aren't nice, scream, yell, drink excessively, go into rants and rages, maim, torture or kill someone. All of these things defile our sweet souls and may make us bitter, resentful, etc. There are so many things that get lodged on our souls that, if we paid attention, we could prevent from happening in the first place.

So, as I said before, a mere belief isn't gonna wash and cleanse our souls... sometimes it needs a major scrubbing and with God's Divine Love... this is the quickest way to get the job done.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post

Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.
1Kings 22:23

Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets.
2 Chron 18:22

Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people.
Jer 4:10

O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived. Jer 20:7

And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet.
Ezekiel 14:9

For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.
Thessalonians 2:11

God does not lie but he will let lovers of unrighteousness believe a lie.

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 (New King James Version)
10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
If you are given a gift, use it for a time, and then the one who gave you that gift takes it back without your permission, and is thus an Indian giver, would you call that a lie?

The giver is in effect saying, I am giving you this gift, when in reality, he is not, as demonstrated by his taking it back or away from you.

If not a lie, is that a sin and what is the sin called?

I know you do not answer too many direct question but this should be easy for you.

Regards
DL
What gift are you refering to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality