Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 10:48 AM

24 posts, read 36,236 times

Advertisements

"Marriage: a 'hang up' or God's plan?" by Phoenix Bishop Thomas J. Olmsted (http://www.catholicsun.org/bishop/2010/081010.html - broken link)

phoenix catholic bishop olmstead has yet to make a new covenat test as whether homosexuality is of or is not of god.

according to scripture:

gal and romans...............all new covenant law is summed up in the 2nd commandment, godlove(love one another......) your neighbor as yourself. the fruit of the spirit of christ is love, joy, peace,kindness, self-control,goodness,patience, faithfulness, and gentleness. for being homosexual, to be a sin, it must come against the either of these. BEING HOMOSEXUAL DOESNT.

mark9:40for whoever is not against us is for us.

olmstead makes no reference to this.

olmstead, along with other believers thinks to LOVE GOD means following ones belief systems, catholic or otherwise, about god. scripture says otherwise.

1john4:20If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love(godlove) his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.

the bishop's idea of god's plan is to add the word"only ", his own stroke, to genesis and matthew 19.

then the bishop says that believers are to be led by antiquity's traditions. since when was antiquity a litmus test for the truth...............800 years of practicing indulgences, 2000 years of antisemmetism(multiple inquisitions and jewish containment centers culminating in a halocaust in a christian country.......germany, 50% catholic and lutheran), 1700 years of supporting ETHNIC slavery..........culminating in the enslaving of the southern hemisphere

Romans 8:14
because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God............led by the spirit that lives in each believer.

jesus stresses the importance of witness in john 5. yet the bishop offers no personnal 1john1 witness( that which we have heard, which we have looked, which we have seen with our eyes, and our hands have touched) of homosexual believers. my witness of homosexual believers is that their lives and marriages are filled with the fruit of the spirit in the same way as those of heterosexual believers..............as a believer in the name of christ what is yours? where the spirit of god restas is what is of god.

in regards to the law romans says that under the new covenant the law is to make us conscious of NOT godloving our neighbor as ourselves.

i challenge anyone to show how the words of any verses(word by word, line by line) of scripture say homosexuality is a sin.

believers for 2000 years have made homosexuality a sin by assigning meaning to verses in spite of their words, adding their own stroke, and by standing on legalities that come against their own faith.....................the bishop's message gives a good example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 08:32 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
Your second thread on the subject. Was one not sufficient?

Old 08-13-2010, 09:11 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by feetxxxl View Post
"Marriage: a 'hang up' or God's plan?" by Phoenix Bishop Thomas J. Olmsted (http://www.catholicsun.org/bishop/2010/081010.html - broken link)

phoenix catholic bishop olmstead has yet to make a new covenat test as whether homosexuality is of or is not of god.

according to scripture:

gal and romans...............all new covenant law is summed up in the 2nd commandment, godlove(love one another......) your neighbor as yourself. the fruit of the spirit of christ is love, joy, peace,kindness, self-control,goodness,patience, faithfulness, and gentleness. for being homosexual, to be a sin, it must come against the either of these. BEING HOMOSEXUAL DOESNT.

mark9:40for whoever is not against us is for us.

olmstead makes no reference to this.

olmstead, along with other believers thinks to LOVE GOD means following ones belief systems, catholic or otherwise, about god. scripture says otherwise.

1john4:20If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love(godlove) his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.

the bishop's idea of god's plan is to add the word"only ", his own stroke, to genesis and matthew 19.

then the bishop says that believers are to be led by antiquity's traditions. since when was antiquity a litmus test for the truth...............800 years of practicing indulgences, 2000 years of antisemmetism(multiple inquisitions and jewish containment centers culminating in a halocaust in a christian country.......germany, 50% catholic and lutheran), 1700 years of supporting ETHNIC slavery..........culminating in the enslaving of the southern hemisphere

Romans 8:14
because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God............led by the spirit that lives in each believer.

jesus stresses the importance of witness in john 5. yet the bishop offers no personnal 1john1 witness( that which we have heard, which we have looked, which we have seen with our eyes, and our hands have touched) of homosexual believers. my witness of homosexual believers is that their lives and marriages are filled with the fruit of the spirit in the same way as those of heterosexual believers..............as a believer in the name of christ what is yours? where the spirit of god restas is what is of god.

in regards to the law romans says that under the new covenant the law is to make us conscious of NOT godloving our neighbor as ourselves.

i challenge anyone to show how the words of any verses(word by word, line by line) of scripture say homosexuality is a sin.

believers for 2000 years have made homosexuality a sin by assigning meaning to verses in spite of their words, adding their own stroke, and by standing on legalities that come against their own faith.....................the bishop's message gives a good example.

Have you read Leviticus 18:00-30 Yet?...18-22

If God made Man and Women Man Male, and Woman Female...then what is making The other type O's?
Surely you can see it is not God who is making these entities!
It is Man and Woman.
And if Man and Woman do not listen to the laws of God, or his will or word...and do the abomominable things (Sin) then what is born through that sin, is more sin.

Thus God says: THow shall have no other gods before thy God, no engraven imaged idol, made more important than the lord thy God.

Something Jesus was kicking around in his day...yes kicking that thing out of his fathers house!

So here we are still using that thing Jesus Kicked out...of his fathers house....and we are born under it, or into it...and it seems to control our daily lives...to make this thing more important than God for Life or for living...or for doing.....and it has lead us all astray from the Garden, Which God said to tend and keep!

So being born under the IDols infulences...brings about not only robbers and theives...but a whole band of Evil doers....and who bores them?

Now to say that God is against the practice of what God calls an abomonation.....is saying something of his dislike, or the error they make, or that was made in their making!

We have science that backs up the claim....that these types of people go against the human biology of procreation...and the proper use of the sexual organs....
So it is in error that they do what they do!...when they do the sexual act of intercourse..like when a man lies with a woman...or visa versa...
it is that act, that God is addressing....not the brotherly and sisterly Love for one another...which is caring and keeping God's word and will pure and done to the letter....EDENS are the Multiple of EDEN....and sharing is what God did do, and wants us to share everything...SO take a Good look at the world and the IDOL Jesus kicked out of his fathers house ,more clearly...and see what is is building now...while it imprisons, and slaughters Plant growers, and sheep herders!....SO they can be?.....why?

And we can draw lines to Jesus saying...A tree that bares no fruit is to be cut down, and replaced with one that produces fruit.
For what Good is a tree that bares no fruits?
In essence do not waste precious space with unproductive trees?
Well I would have to say the litteral meaning is good...but the symbolic metaphor is also being addressed here.
So Jesus stays in line with God's word....that these things are a abomonation to God.

Now we can also say many of the things about Murderers, rapists, canabuls, criminals, pedophiles, liars...Idolaters...and devil worshipers...beastiality people...
They are our brothers and sisters to....some of which are not listed in the Biblical recordings of God's word....Like Pedophiles...

SO...are we to love them unconditionally and let them dance down the streets to?, in some kind of bent pride or praise?

Give them rights and liberties?...let em rule over us?...broadcast and promote their lifestyle as the best thing since sliced bread on all mediums and airwaves?

Come on...it is Just too outragious as it is....

Keep this stuff in the closet...and let the Marijuana people live freely for a change of pace...would be more moving a thread, and in more constructive in the making of EDEN, and the multiples of it, and fulfilling and or restoring God's Kingdom...

Now that is something we should all be doing.....and yet we seem to be on some bent offshoot....discusing something that has been addressed already by a higher power, and scientific knowledge!

Jesus says Let em be...But to what extent do we let em rule the rust, and make changes to what is written By those whom we reference from scripture and life?

So we have to go beyond what is written....Does it say God created hermaphodites?
it is not really written word, by the scriptures interpertation...But they exist...and from what I gather...they being the first or in likeness of the First ADAM...being both male and Female..in one body...to control the population of the self.

now splitting that up, in a incestual way...and making more of the self, under a IDOL or system which makes human sacrifices (said thankyou for your sacrifices) to uphold and support this warfare system of Rome and other bent Nations making it....constantly....seems a bit bent to my mind when...sheep herders, poppy growers, and marijuana growers are slaughtered mindlessly...so the other sinners and Evil doers can dance in GLee...

Kinda puts a damper on things in the terms of LOVE and how we spread it...with guns and bombs..and a few lies and liars running it all to hell....a polluted hell I might add.

Last edited by Sir Les; 08-13-2010 at 09:55 AM..

Old 08-13-2010, 09:40 AM

sir les

so what is the sin, sin because you know the mind of god, or you say that scripture shows you the mind of god.

but romans1:20 says otherwise, that it is by noting what is created you will see the essence of god in it, otherwise not knowing scriupture comes an excuse. what is it about being gay that shows it is not of god.

homosexuals bond in the same way as hetersexuals out of mutual love, affection devotion, trust, and respect for a shared commited life together. homosexuals are not found wanting in any sector of society compared to heterosexuals....not less a father, friend, doctor, teacher, pastor,etc.

when you make your case solely on your understanding of scripture, you create an excuse when scripture says there is none.

where is the sin in being gay. paul says that it is obvious, easily understandable, that by its very nature it shows how it comes against goodness. what is there about being gay that comes against goodness. just not being obvious makes a case in itself.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
sir les

so what is the sin, sin because you know the mind of god, or you say that scripture shows you the mind of god.

but romans1:20 says otherwise, that it is by noting what is created you will see the essence of god in it, otherwise not knowing scriupture comes an excuse. what is it about being gay that shows it is not of god.

homosexuals bond in the same way as hetersexuals out of mutual love, affection devotion, trust, and respect for a shared commited life together. homosexuals are not found wanting in any sector of society compared to heterosexuals....not less a father, friend, doctor, teacher, pastor,etc.

when you make your case solely on your understanding of scripture, you create an excuse when scripture says there is none.

where is the sin in being gay. paul says that it is obvious, easily understandable, that by its very nature it shows how it comes against goodness. what is there about being gay that comes against goodness. just not being obvious makes a case in itself.
SIN = being disobediant to GOD!
I am not God!
I am only a simple lazy slave of The word of God...doing a little service in the Garden...and for doing this service...I am a outcast of the western world...

So that all the other sinners and Evildoers can live....under that IDOL God said not to!

SO how far bent is the system?

And while these types of people (Gays and Lesbians are being promoted and braodcasting their bent lust and preferences) People like me are being disinfranchized, and profaned....and the Plant God wants put back sinlessly to reverse the curse of death...Goes undone by the multitutes , because they all have been lead astray...to pay for their lives...and support a system that is by far the most ruthless and bloodthursty....they even suck it up and burn it...to pollute everything!

Yes what is sin....it is written already for you...You have to read it for your self...

AND BELIEVE IN IT!

THat is the Truth of God...and his minions are many that are doing the word and will Of GOD!
God made a GARDEN..called EDEN....and all the living things God made were in that.

What was sent out of it...are the ones who did not listen TO GOD!

THat is this world...that is this place...that is those who do the unnatural...the unholy....the bent , the twisted...the insane things!

SO here I am...in a world spinning the wrong way...and I know that in the Bible...it says many things...by many people.
What I do know, is that some of the Bible I understand, and some I do not.

Is it a sin to question GOD?

No!

Should I kill these people, if by killing I murder, and break a commandment?

No I should stand away from them...and let God Judge them.

Should they be allowed to make wars, and promote themselves over me?

No!

What is superior or prime to the whole?

Now certain behavior (sexual in nature) cause sickness and suffering to arise....STD's and Bacterial infections and leasions to occur...and dibilitating mutations to be born...through the unclean practices of sexual ludeness!

There is a whole library on medical knowledge to some degree of truth of this kind of thinking!

SO I am not alone when I say that that life style can and does bring about Ill health.....and it brings it not only to themselves...for God says he will bring woe and wrath onto them all....and that includes the innocent...who know no better...or have not heard the word of God.

So it brings suffering and sickness...and God's anger/woe and wrath...especially when they slaughter the innocent, to promote and support the unnatural.....IS THAT LOVE?

Last edited by Sir Les; 08-13-2010 at 10:26 AM..

Old 08-13-2010, 10:52 AM

given the number of heterosexual couples compared to homosexuals couples and the number of heterosexuals that practice some form of anal stimulation(the anus is an errogenous zone) including penetration, there are more heterosexuals engaged in anal sex than homosexuals.

diseases associated with intercourse are about promiscuous sex. promiscuous heterosexual sex ravaged africa, destroyed whole villages, and contributed to 30 million african orphans. promicuous sex is not about orientation but about social behavior of both orientations.

again where there evidence of sin and coming against goodness?

Old 08-13-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
given the number of heterosexual couples compared to homosexuals couples and the number of heterosexuals that practice some form of anal stimulation(the anus is an errogenous zone) including penetration, there are more heterosexuals engaged in anal sex than homosexuals.

diseases associated with intercourse are about promiscuous sex. promiscuous heterosexual sex ravaged africa, destroyed whole villages, and contributed to 30 million african orphans. promicuous sex is not about orientation but about social behavior of both orientations.

again where there evidence of sin and coming against goodness?
Well then...I am right...for it is wrong to engage in anal sex...and if God is the creator of Life...then sex of any nature is wrong...according to God...as I see it!

SO...we are all decieved by the sexual ludeness..and constant birthing into DEATH...and having life in sin or error to God and his laws, word and will....

Making more of the same...Goes to the same thing!
Supporting the system supports murder and hatred of those who wish to live for free!...simple people, living simple lives, now being snuffed out in wars with no merits or truths!!.....
So the other end (the unnatural) of the stick can rise up?....why?

Like I said there is a specific organ for procreation...Putting it in the Anus is not the correct place for the penis...or any other devices they now use.

And it does spread sickness and suffering, and may even cause mutations//

So...God is right always!

And from what I have experienced in the Hospital estate I worked in....there are many infected people!

And from my existence here....there are many bent and evil people here!

so what is the system supporting?
EVIL!
And it is being made to be profitable, to allow the detramentals...so more profits can be made off the suffering of others!

Is that LOVE?

Old 08-13-2010, 11:56 AM

im making no sense of what you are saying.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:06 PM

my understanding is that according to genesis and john we are made "very good" thru the spirit of christ.

nothing created including our sin nature's can change the essence of what god created, we can only distant ourselves from that very goodness by believing in lies. it is us believers to remain in god's love and the very goodness that is of that love.

Old 08-13-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
my understanding is that according to genesis and john we are made "very good" thru the spirit of christ.

nothing created including our sin nature's can change the essence of what god created, we can only distant ourselves from that very goodness by believing in lies. it is us believers to remain in god's love and the very goodness that is of that love.

According to the word of Jesus..."only God is Good!"... or it was said to be at the time of the saying, or day in which it was said.

Now if God split Adam (hermaphrodite?) in to two entities...one being male, and the other female...it was because:

1. God wanted to make two seperate entities that could procreate (being male and female only) in a finite world with finite resources, so they could murder eachother and have constant pain and suffering.

2. Adam wanted to have a partner to tend and keep the garden with to lesson the burden of work in the garden that only needed one person to do the job.

3. God wanted to make more of the Good that he made, to flurish into the universe with Adam and Eves help in making more of what was Given.

**Genesis 2:15** with the Givens Out of **Genesis 9:3** and in accordance to the EDEN Principles for all living things God made a covenant with that are GOOD and Clean, and undefiled!!!!...and in the multiplication of those Givens before making more of the self....thus the curcumsion is brought to bare witness here in My Bible Book.

Make too many people in, or on, a small peice of land, that can only produce so much food/resources to live...and you create chaos!...and what is born out of that?

So God speaks first here...and is correct about putting things in order firstly by way of following his commandments, and his instructions..and to do it sinlessly!!!

To undo what was done by ADAM AND EVE...to resotre ACTS 3:21... to turn back to God...to make the wild now made by that error to become (tame) by the truth Of God, and our help, and the (wild) and unbelieving in the truth, to learn in time what is most important is God and that Garden principle, and outr sinlessness in it....and with woe and wrath for those who do not listen to reason, logics, and or truth... and or believers of the truth that say but do not do...and then there are those who do what is right..because they not only believe, they do what is asked by God.

Now putting people into prison for Doing a simple service in the garden of sowing certain seeds , sinlessly...Like God asked of us....is now prohibited by the western world that now makes wealth and money its new demigod of life...While imprisoning and slaughtering people on the other side of the world (out of sight) to impose the new democracies...(lies and liars) so the blood continues to flow ..into their profit margins....while the abomonations dance in Glee....?

Is this LOVE?

Yes... through the spirit of Jesus Christ, we can be made very Good in deed....DId Jesus have sex with anyone?

NO!

Follow that!
Did Jesus sow seeds?...Yes he did!...follow that!....Did Jesus Kick the money and the changers out of his fathers house?....Yes he did!....Follow that...and use it no more!...Give onto Caesar what belongs to Caesar (the Idol of engraven image) and hold it no more..(because it breaks a commandment of God), Give onto God what belongs to God....Your obediance to his word and will and laws!

Mathew 6:24 makes it plain and clear!

Last edited by Sir Les; 08-13-2010 at 01:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality