Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 09:48 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Which could also mean that there was loads of stuff written that showed that the Jesus character was not what the Bible claimed he was....but it was all destroyed by the early Church to cover up the scam.

Yes it could...But the only way to know for sure is to test it out...

Jesus said to test it....so lets start there and move forward or backwards with Logical progressions.

Tending and Keeping the Garden well....this is a Good ideal...it benefits all living things when done in respectful progression towards a Paradise that contains all things living in a natural enviroment that is presteen and clean.
All living things in that estate help in some form nurture the continuation, and eco systems in some form...or some parts support the natural elementals...Earth, FIRE, Air (Dome of Ozone),Water, Gravity...and Light.

These elementals must remain clean, pure, sound, and forever....for a eternal estate to be.

So the Genesis 2:15 with all the givens shared Genesis 9:3 show that aspect and ideal is beneficail to the whole....the Kingdom of God.

And that kingdom when done according to GOD becomes tame...and this makes it easy to multiply into the heavens...new worlds will be born with God, through our compliance.

God wants us to comply because it is in our best interest to do so.....make more Edens...makes more life....so it could be a logical progression in that formula..

So to live a sinless life doing God's word and will...if anything is towards our own benefit.....the lands will become abundantly Giving, and through that word we have promise of eternal life.

Is it possible?

Is that what Jesus did do...completely?, by sowing a seed on the mount of Olives sinlessly when everyone was asleep?...the mount of Olives which was a Garden Paradise Jesus often visited and even used to hide and pray to God in solitude.

It seems that Just being Logical about the Genesis shows some form of benefical aspect to its legitimacy or validity.

So to sow seeds, and be sinless shows us, a reason for our making, and a form of our actions....for the betterment of the planet....becomes a undeniable truth told before our time line of understanding....to show us that it is always the truth...and we should always follow the truth...cause it is in our best interests to do so.

If we now take a look at the world today...run by the idol of money....it is nothing more than a death trap!
And it is being polluted for profits...using a detramental formula, with war as its inevitable solution to every problem.

See they are buying more weapons...because there is going to be more warfare to come...so...

God is correct....Humans are stupid even when they claim they are intelligent...Because they believe in the lies and the liar (that you have to pay to live ) when (God said I give you everything)...Saying you have to pay for life, that makes you have to use the idol God said not to have before him or make or use...breaking a commandment.........So the whole world humans are making or working in or towards is in error.......and leads to destruction...on its own merits..

Now if we take a deep look into those estates...they are corrupted with greed, and sin, and great evils and lies, and spies....and they even have top secrets....

So where is all these opposite estates of God going?....if they do not do as God has asked in tending the Garden sinlessly?

Read up on that in the revelations of John...and we can see the fire season is already burning on some nations now at war slaughtering people for no good reason..(Lies and Liars) Oppressing other nations, so the idol and its estate, can be inposed on the poor, and the destitute it makes, so they can be either brought into the system as sex slaves, or worse..or to employ them so they can be taxed to support more evils onto others.

This is not a good system...if we share everything...there is no enemy and there is no need for sin of certain natures!
Being born under that FREE estate God gave US firstly...might be more mentally sound...and thus less evil doers born in that system, might be the resulting factor.

Born under God...makes a more sound estate.....Born under the IDOL makes Planet Earth a Biohazardious garbage bin!

Now what I have Just wrote...is not written ...it is a estate that is before your own eyes if you look....the planet Earth which was wild but natural and to some point presteen and clean...is becoming unnatural and very Polluted....as these cities and nations and countries are founded under an Engraven Imaged thing called Money.... with sin and evil abounding in them to such a degree in them...that the futility of the system is taxed beyond countable measure!

Do you see these things?
More police please!
More wars Please!
More Murder Please!
More pollution please!!
More sickness and Plague Please!
More Hospitals Please!!!
MORE TAXES TO PAY FOR THE ABOVE PLEASE!!

MORE DEBT PLEASE TO ENSURE THE NEXT GENERATION ALSO HAS TO USE THE IDOL!!!

More woe and suffering please!
More wrath Please!!!!

Wonder why?

Think about it.

Last edited by Sir Les; 08-20-2010 at 10:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 11:11 AM

227 posts, read 344,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Don't you ever wonder, even a little bit, why there is no written record of all the things Jesus did and the miracles that occured while he was alive by not even one of his followers or any other contemporary?
Why it was 40/50 years before these things were written....and even then, not by anyone that actually knew him.
It is not as if there is not volumnious writings about other things from...and before...that era.
Doesn't it bother you at all?
Actualy He had a HolyBook ...but they fraud that HolyBook after his rise to his God .... that why we have many Gospels John, Mark , Matthew , Luke .... every one of them said that his book is belong to Jesus !!! ... but Jesus did not know them and did not saw them !!! lol
actualy there was many Gospels but they choice these 4 Gospels !!!! lol
the result is the HolyBook of Jesus fraud after his rise , by many people ... because they did not accept the law and the rules of that original Book

Last edited by insan777; 08-20-2010 at 11:25 AM..

Old 08-20-2010, 11:35 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
Yes it could...But the only way to know for sure is to test it out...
(Cut to save boring the arse off everyone.)

Umm ....sorry but what the hell did all that tosh have to do with what we were talking about??

Old 08-21-2010, 07:54 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Quelle (german 'source'). In fact it is not (unless the term has been applied to what I call 'proto - Matthew') the ur - text of the synoptics, but is supposed to be a 'source' (oral or possibly written) of material common to Luke and Matthew but not to Mark.

That is actually a valid point. If the story is just made up, what point is there in having two women (Mary mother of Jesus and Mary Magdalene - I don't buy a 'third' Mary- as you say, 'Miriam') go to the tomb? I suppose one could say it was 'independent witnesses' bearing in mind that the disciples might have removed the body and had a reason to conceal the facts (1).

However, I can't shake the idea that it could simply be what happened, since all four gospels at least report that the two women went to the tomb and found it open.

After that, the stories are so discrepant as to be worthless as evidence.

(1) Matthew 28.12 When the chief priests had met with the elders and devised a plan, they gave the soldiers a large sum of money, 13 telling them, "You are to say, 'His disciples came during the night and stole him away while we were asleep.' 14 If this report gets to the governor, we will satisfy him and keep you out of trouble." 15 So the soldiers took the money and did as they were instructed. And this story has been widely circulated among the Jews to this very day.

All right, so it's been a few decades since Sunday School, dammit. Perhaps I mixed it up with the big Irish family down the street when I was a kid whose daughters all had Mary for a first name.

But your points are interesting regarding a first-century conspiracy theory, whichever conspiracy one buys into.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:51 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Also, most of the early Christians were the down-and-out types, the fishermen are the first example, but slaves and other rejects of society. Most people were not literate at the time, even wealthy ones, and this group especially not. Plus, Christians weren't really well-known as a group outside a small area until Paul started zipping around the Mediterranean by boat.

Another possibility might be that the early Christians expected Jesus to return during their lifetimes. He was going to come back any day, and they were following the details of the great commission traveling by foot from village to village transmitting the gospel by word of mouth, so between lack of literacy and expectation of the imminent return of Christ, writing it all down probably wasn't a high priority.
A book supposedly written by the inspiration of God, a.k.a. Jesus, was not a high priority?

Old 08-21-2010, 08:57 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Contemporaries of Jesus Christ are irrelevant.

The gospels were written after the disciples knew their lives were ending. Up until that time they were preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ to the world daily. Most people write the memoirs at the end of their lives. The same was for the apostles! They wrote them down for the future generations who could not hear them preach directly.
We all know how well "word of mouth" works. Perhaps that explains the variations and contradictions in the gospels written years later by people who never saw Jesus.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:43 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,558,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Boadicea didn't walk on water, raise the dead, heal the sick or perform other amazing miracles.
Theudas or Bodhidharma or Paculla Annia or Nagarjuna or whatever then. I thought I'd pick something more known at first.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:02 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Don't you ever wonder, even a little bit, why there is no written record of all the things Jesus did and the miracles that occured while he was alive by not even one of his followers or any other contemporary?
Why it was 40/50 years before these things were written....and even then, not by anyone that actually knew him.
It is not as if there is not volumnious writings about other things from...and before...that era.
Doesn't it bother you at all?

Actually the four Gospels were written around 30 to 33 A.D., and not 40/50 years. And they were written by four people who knew Jesus. So no, none of this bothers me.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:32 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
All right, so it's been a few decades since Sunday School, dammit. Perhaps I mixed it up with the big Irish family down the street when I was a kid whose daughters all had Mary for a first name.
Pardon, me. I'm just a darned pedant at times. In fact, there is an (apparent) mention of three marys, John 19.25. But only two went to the tomb.

Quote:
But your points are interesting regarding a first-century conspiracy theory, whichever conspiracy one buys into.
Matthew does say that the tale was current in his day. However I just mentioned the point as a possible reason why it could have been neccessary to invent two independent witnesses. I have to say that the idea doesn't really convince me. I am inclined to see the women going to the tomb as true, though there again, I can't buy the reason why.

It's not really a terribly important matter, anyway.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:33 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Actually the four Gospels were written around 30 to 33 A.D., and not 40/50 years. And they were written by four people who knew Jesus. So no, none of this bothers me.
Proof please.

Oh wait, if "none of this bothers" you, then you're not at all concerned with any sort of proof. I mean, hell...just check out the inconsistencies in your precious four "gospels" alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality