Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 04:31 PM

664 posts, read 855,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
The title of this thread is "who will enter the paradise , the christians , the jews ,the muslims"

Branfan answered that question with

Now, if she'd come into any random religion thread here and posted only that, I might take issue with it. But, in this context, she's just answering the question according to her belief - essentially, that only those who accept JC as their savior (Christians) will go to Heaven.

I don't share that belief but hardly can condemn her for answering honestly. This thread got a little off track - probably starting with the OP lol. Chances are Branfan saw the thread title and answered immediately instead of reading the thread - so she didn't realize that her post might come off as a proselytizing non-sequitur at this point.
yeah i just read the title of the thread and ran with it. LOL i thought it was a question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 04:31 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
If, as some believe, paradise is a holding area for those awaiting judgement, then people of all faiths would be there. If paradise is the same as heaven, then only those saved for eternal life will be there.

Old 10-23-2010, 05:04 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,570,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
If, as some believe, paradise is a holding area for those awaiting judgement, then people of all faiths would be there. If paradise is the same as heaven, then only those saved for eternal life will be there.
Paradise was created on earth, a "bountiful earth"...thus will be perpetuated by all of mankind, without the prejudice of religion, race or gender.

Paradise = earth

Matthew 5:5 The meek shall inherit the earth...

Peace!

Old 10-26-2010, 03:43 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
American christians are god's favorites (just ask them) so god will have heavily armed American christians guarding the gate to heaven. The American christians will decide who will be allowed entry. That means all muslims will be sent to hell.

Christians from all races and countries who believe and obey the Lord will be found in heaven. Nonbelievers who reject God's plan of salvation will go to Hell. Jesus Christ told us that most of the world is headed for Hell. And that is because most of the world wants to get to heaven their way, and on their terms. Most people will be found in Hell because of the hardness of their hearts.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:30 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Christians from all races and countries who believe and obey the Lord will be found in heaven. Nonbelievers who reject God's plan of salvation will go to Hell. Jesus Christ told us that most of the world is headed for Hell. And that is because most of the world wants to get to heaven their way, and on their terms. Most people will be found in Hell because of the hardness of their hearts.
If your views on this are as sound as those regarding the nativity and the east gate prophecy, we can all breathe easy...

Old 10-26-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
If your views on this are as sound as those regarding the nativity and the east gate prophecy, we can all breathe easy...

We can all breath easy, if we have a close relationship with Jesus Christ. However a proper understanding of the nativity, and the east gate prophecy should give non believers reasons for concern. Often false misconceptions can give one a false sense of security. Christ has already pointed this out to us.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:37 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,648,007 times
Quote:
I don't believe in the Christian/and branch god and think that I am a good person deep inside.

And I expect to go to hell. Just like I expect you to go to hell. And my family. And your family. And so on. Because my own beliefs state that all humans go to hell, whether you are good or bad.

GG?

Old 10-26-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
I don't believe in the Christian/and branch god and think that I am a good person deep inside.

And I expect to go to hell. Just like I expect you to go to hell. And my family. And your family. And so on. Because my own beliefs state that all humans go to hell, whether you are good or bad.

GG?

The only person who was ever good, was God. And that is why God in human form was the only one who could die for the sins of the world. Those who embrace God's sacrifice will be saved from Hell. Yet Scripture teaches us, that most people will reject God's gift of Salvation, and will condem themselves. Clearly Scripture teaches us that outside of God, there is none righteous, no not even one.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:41 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,348,627 times
Quote:
Hmmmmmmm? That's not what Rev. Billy Graham told me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNCnx...eature=related

WOW, he believes that we can go to heaven (if ever there were such a place) without even knowing Jesus's name!!!!

Old 10-26-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Hmmmmmmm? That's not what Rev. Billy Graham told me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNCnx...eature=related

WOW, he believes that we can go to heaven (if ever there were such a place) without even knowing Jesus's name!!!!

Billy also told Nixon you can't trust Jews. That did not make him right. And that is why Jesus tells us that we are not to look to any man for our faith, but the man Christ Jesus.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

This is not the first time Billy got it wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality