Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 01:23 AM

496 posts, read 481,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
Where does the Bible state this?
Been very inspired and learning quite a bit from your posts cmforte, appreciated.
( including other threads with accompanying data and good explanations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 01:57 AM

2,621 posts, read 3,391,093 times
You are ALL wrong!!! Only those who recognize and give all praise and glory to the FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER (bless his noodly appendage!) will go to heaven.

All those who don't agree and can't see the truth of this are guilty of spaghetti logic.

"RAmen".

Old 05-29-2012, 02:11 AM

1,435 posts, read 1,549,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post
You are ALL wrong!!! Only those who recognize and give all praise and glory to the FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER (bless his noodly appendage!) will go to heaven.

All those who don't agree and can't see the truth of this are guilty of spaghetti logic.

"RAmen".
I enjoy eating the flesh and drinking the blood of the Almighty Flying Spaghetti Monster!!

Old 05-29-2012, 03:16 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,192,632 times
Quote:
Where does the Bible state this?
Luke 10:7

Odd that you should ask this of an atheist?

This merely goes back to the discussion that theists generally do not know their own scriptures very well. I have not opened a bible in over 8 years and still I know what is written in it.

The only time I have to look up a verse is to answer a theist. Something you could have done by simply googling the phrase you bolded.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:38 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,803,795 times
Quote:
Ask me anything you want about Catholicism, all I ask is that you do it respectfully and sincerely.
Why do you think your beliefs should warrant automatic respect?

Old 05-29-2012, 08:39 AM

1,816 posts, read 2,503,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
The prosperity in Paradise in the afterlife is for:
doing the righteous work ... on condition that essentially there is the belief in God: One God without associate or son or equal.

Q24
Then it isn't paradise, but a sham.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:58 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,231,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmont View Post
Any "paradise" that is exclusionary based solely on belief (and not on works) is impossible to be a paradise. And even if it is based primarily on works, it probably still wouldn't be paradise.
The kingdom of God is not only for us humans...it is for all living things God made....and in union, our neighbours....the commandment of God about our neighbours is being broken..as is alot of other commandments...So the kingdom does not arise....it is through works, and law..and our hearts and minds that the kingdom comes into being....When the word and will of God is fulfilled...Paradise is made by the maker...which God is waiting for us to do...when it is done in the right manner..(restoration ACTS:3:21 utilizing ACTS 10:15 and the Genesis to find what God called Good and underlined so we do not go astray..Genesis 1:11. 1:12, 1:29, *2:15*, **9:3**...not second judging or false Judging or subjecting to a false value....(See/study Idolatry and engraven imaged demigods/symbolic symbolizims/ and acts done for/ human sacrifices)....And you get a wiff of the oppoising forces of that Paradise of peace health and happiness....
That was Given...but some how it has changed...and we now have to pay to play?.....

SO to make the restoration...in reversal of the curse of death...to put back something taken by being disobediant....we need to become sinless....and I now see why God made the commandments....to help us become sinless enough to right that wrong, and reverse the curse......makes logical sense if we believe in the Biblical accountings and words there in.....if God made us to tend and keep the Garden...shouldn't we do so in a way that is pleasing, fare, unselfish of the others, and in clean and prestine manners and actions?.....makes for a healthier, and more free or less costing system.....But because of sin with the IDOL....no one seems to be able to do the final act sinlessly...

To do the will and fulfill the word of God....now only seems to be something a child could do...that has not been indoctirnated into the system of IDOLs....and Some evil kinda spirit is now defiling them....wonder why?....perhaps to stop that simple act for God to come about perhaps?......and we now see the darkness of the force of evil....playing out in the news....wonder why?...let us not forget to do that will, and fulfill the word and reason for our making....if you believe that is.....and if you don't believe...have a polluted tax filled and high priced bloodsoaked, wartorn and fingerpointing and criminal painting day!

Old 05-29-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Why do you think your beliefs should warrant automatic respect?
Do you want respect? Respect is a two-way street: to get it you must give it.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Luke 10:7

Odd that you should ask this of an atheist?

This merely goes back to the discussion that theists generally do not know their own scriptures very well. I have not opened a bible in over 8 years and still I know what is written in it.

The only time I have to look up a verse is to answer a theist. Something you could have done by simply googling the phrase you bolded.
lol That is your answer?!! That is not "The Great Commission"!! Who ever told you that it was? Please open up another Bible or do another Google search:

From the New King James Version at Biblegateway.com:

Matthew 28 NKJV - He Is Risen - Now after the Sabbath, as - Bible Gateway:

Quote:

Matthew 28:16-20

The Great Commission

16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had appointed for them. 17 When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted.

18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore[c] and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.[d]
Mark 16 NKJV - He Is Risen - Now when the Sabbath was - Bible Gateway:

Quote:
Mark 16:14-18

The Great Commission

14 Later He appeared to the eleven as they sat at the table; and He rebuked their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him after He had risen. 15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they[b] will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%2024&version=NKJV::

Quote:
Luke 24:46-49

46 Then He said to them, “Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise[h] from the dead the third day, 47 and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 And you are witnesses of these things. 49 Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem[i] until you are endued with power from on high.”
Hmm...nothing about houses. That's ok. You're an atheist, I'll respectfully give you a pass.

Old 05-29-2012, 05:12 PM

2,621 posts, read 3,391,093 times
Quote:
I enjoy eating the flesh and drinking the blood of the Almighty Flying Spaghetti Monster!!

Anyone who can't see the gospel truth in what His Royal Holiness (praise his blessed appendage) proclaims has lost his or her noodles!

All praise and glory to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Sauce!

May you be abundantly blessed daily with marinara and a generous sprinkling of parmesan.

"RAAAAmen!"

Last edited by UsAll; 05-29-2012 at 05:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality