Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 12:26 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,947,848 times

Advertisements

While some here debate if God exists, those of us who follow the Biblical prophecies and believe in them understand. That another prophecy my be nearing fulfillment. According to the Bible, before the destruction of the United States, and the return of Jesus Christ. Israel will experience a short time of peace with her neighbors. The Bible tells us that this time of peace for Israel, will lead the world into the greatest global conflict of all time.

Israel, Palestinians to resume peace talks - World news - Mideast/N. Africa - msnbc.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 12:43 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,799,268 times
Did you miss this bit old chap.....

"Indeed, soon after Clinton's announcement the militant Hamas movement that controls the Gaza Strip, which along with the West Bank is supposed to be part of an eventual Palestinian state, rejected the talks, saying they were based on empty promises."

Old 08-22-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Did you miss this bit old chap.....

"Indeed, soon after Clinton's announcement the militant Hamas movement that controls the Gaza Strip, which along with the West Bank is supposed to be part of an eventual Palestinian state, rejected the talks, saying they were based on empty promises."

Even the Berlin wall came down Rafius. Sometimes what seems to us to be impossible, happens. Years ago non believers in the Bible did not believe the Jews would ever return to Israel, nor did they believe they would retake Jerusalem. They were wrong. The prophecies of the Bible will be fulfilled.

Israel, Palestinians to resume peace talks...

Last edited by Campbell34; 08-22-2010 at 12:57 PM..

Old 08-22-2010, 12:54 PM

Old 08-22-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
I believe a peace is coming between the two groups, and I also believe this will be the time that Israel will be allowed to rebuild their third temple.

Israel, Palestinians to resume peace talks...

Old 08-22-2010, 01:10 PM

10,603 posts, read 11,625,726 times
So Campbell, when is this prophecy suppose to be fulfilled? I want to mark my calendar so that I don't forget and then I can come back and ask you what happened when the world didn't end as your supposedly sacred book seems to claim.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
So Campbell, when is this prophecy suppose to be fulfilled?
'Soon' bro...which could be any time during the next....oh, 5,000 years!

Old 08-22-2010, 01:18 PM

10,603 posts, read 11,625,726 times
Quote:
oh hell, I just might be around to see that happen...

Old 08-22-2010, 01:35 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,551,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
While some here debate if God exists, those of us who follow the Biblical prophecies and believe in them understand. That another prophecy my be nearing fulfillment. According to the Bible, before the destruction of the United States, and the return of Jesus Christ. Israel will experience a short time of peace with her neighbors. The Bible tells us that this time of peace for Israel, will lead the world into the greatest global conflict of all time.

Israel, Palestinians to resume peace talks - World news - Mideast/N. Africa - msnbc.com
Prophesy? I'm an old man and I've been hearing about people who had a gift and could prohesy everything from the weather to when the bedbugs would bite all my life. A real example of the kind of imagination ancient mankind had was weather prognostication. We used to have a woman in a county near here who was amazingly accurate at predicting the number of snows for the forthcoming winters using the number of foggy mornings in August and how thick the hair was on a wooly worm. She made national news with her uncanny accuracy. About 12-14 years aqo all the interest in her predictions completely disappeared. The last two or three times she made predictions for a dozen snows or more we had none. We haven't had a good snow around here since the blizzard of '93 and the summers have set new records for high temperatures and rainfall.

Prophesy is the idle dreams and imagination of those who do little but sit and dream. Never has changed that's basically where all religion came from...the visions and dreams of ignorant, primitive mankind. Lest one forget there was a lot of gloom and doom predicting for Y2K.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:

No that would not be accurate. Jesus said the generation that saw the fig tree bloom again would not pass away until all things be fulfilled. The fig tree in Scripture is Israel. When Jesus cursed the fig tree for not producing fruit, it was an example of Israel. The generation that saw Israel come into existence, was born in the year 1948. There will still be people alive from 1948, when all things are fulfilled. The day of the LORD, approaches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality