Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 12:05 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,206,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eloy View Post
I speak about that I see and I feel.
Discrimination to a national sign (genetic - cultural) is an everyday occurrence in the Bible, the Koran and in that World.
Science and the big historians don't like to recognize the errors. They persistently trust in myths. In the presence of material proofs. At me the careful relation to "the scientific facts".People knew that is poisonous or edible. It is not obligatory to have a microscope and the computer to notice the facts in the field of genetics. It also is reached by means of supervision and was accessible to any " ancient person " at all times.We live under nature laws which have been learned since the first times.
Science is not based on mythology,while in religion,a great deal is myth based.

Perhaps you should indulge in a little research. It couldn't hurt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 12:23 PM

815 posts, read 1,539,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Science is not based on mythology,while in religion,a great deal is myth based.

Perhaps you should indulge in a little research. It couldn't hurt.
he science is based on mythology. I it see every day. For example the Myth about "the Mongolian Empire".....
What is "myth"?
In my concept: the Myth is a real event which search in a wrong place. Therefore I speak : that not necessarily to search in that country in which this myths have remained.
Bible events - truth?
- Yes.
Jerusalem existed in Palestin?
- No.
-----------------------------------------------------------

For me genetic manipulations in the Bible - the fact. These facts can be found in other cultures. Therefore. To store virginity is a frequent phenomenon.
The second example:
Let's admit. In Mythology there is a War god.
Who it?
It is some persons which made military achievements and are known under the general name: (the name of God).
As they possess one quality.

Last edited by eloy; 08-29-2010 at 12:36 PM..

Old 08-29-2010, 02:45 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,206,398 times
Quote:
he science is based on mythology. I it see every day. For example the Myth about "the Mongolian Empire".....
What is "myth"?
In my concept: the Myth is a real event which search in a wrong place. Therefore I speak : that not necessarily to search in that country in which this myths have remained.
Bible events - truth?
- Yes.
- No.

For me genetic manipulations in the Bible - the fact. These facts can be found in other cultures. Therefore. To store virginity is a frequent phenomenon.
The second example:
Who it?
It is some persons which made military achievements and are known under the general name: (the name of God).
Tired of beating this dead horse. Please excuse me as I have to go tend to my genetically engineered crops.

Old 08-29-2010, 03:18 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,685,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Hmmm. Kinda sounds like they simply didn't want you to co-mingle your cattle with them danged goats, or to sow your corn field with bananas at the same time, since they had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA that different species would not/could not in fact, cross-pollinate, etc.

But perhaps I"m missing something here, since apparently the biblical authors had a firm working knowledge of genetics that they didn't bother to tell us about 'til now...

The bibles' just chock-full of surprises when you learn how to read it proper, huh?

Spaceships with giant aliens, tame rideable T-Rexs, 900 hundred year old ship builders... and on and on. Amazing. Literally AMAZING! Now they're into genetic engineering science!

And I thought the Muslims here told us THEY invented all of modern science!

I'm getting so confused. Whimper... Maybe it's time to get the nurse to take me back to my room and "med me up for the night!"....

Night all! Sweet dreams!
Yes the Bible has a very advanced account of genetic manipulation! Why this did not make into scientific research and textbooks is perplexing.

Genesis 30:31..............

Quote:
31 "What shall I give you?" he asked.
"Don't give me anything," Jacob replied. "But if you will do this one thing for me, I will go on tending your flocks and watching over them: 32 Let me go through all your flocks today and remove from them every speckled or spotted sheep, every dark-colored lamb and every spotted or speckled goat. They will be my wages. 33 And my honesty will testify for me in the future, whenever you check on the wages you have paid me. Any goat in my possession that is not speckled or spotted, or any lamb that is not dark-colored, will be considered stolen."

34 "Agreed," said Laban. "Let it be as you have said." 35 That same day he removed all the male goats that were streaked or spotted, and all the speckled or spotted female goats (all that had white on them) and all the dark-colored lambs, and he placed them in the care of his sons. 36 Then he put a three-day journey between himself and Jacob, while Jacob continued to tend the rest of Laban's flocks.

37 Jacob, however, took fresh-cut branches from poplar, almond and plane trees and made white stripes on them by peeling the bark and exposing the white inner wood of the branches. 38 Then he placed the peeled branches in all the watering troughs, so that they would be directly in front of the flocks when they came to drink. When the flocks were in heat and came to drink, 39 they mated in front of the branches. And they bore young that were streaked or speckled or spotted. 40 Jacob set apart the young of the flock by themselves, but made the rest face the streaked and dark-colored animals that belonged to Laban. Thus he made separate flocks for himself and did not put them with Laban's animals. 41 Whenever the stronger females were in heat, Jacob would place the branches in the troughs in front of the animals so they would mate near the branches, 42 but if the animals were weak, he would not place them there. So the weak animals went to Laban and the strong ones to Jacob. 43 In this way the man grew exceedingly prosperous and came to own large flocks, and maidservants and menservants, and camels and donkeys.
Impressed?

Old 08-29-2010, 03:23 PM

Genetic modification and the bible
This theme not about vegetables and corn ... I told about genetic updatings and manipulations in the Bible.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:16 PM

33,495 posts, read 36,994,828 times
Quote:
Genetic modification and the bible
This theme not about vegetables and corn ... I told about genetic updatings and manipulations in the Bible.
The problem is that your post was incomprehensible...One of many.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:19 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,651,307 times
Quote:
What is "myth"?
Bible events - truth?
- Yes.
- No.

The second example:
Who it?

My head asplode.

Old 08-29-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The problem is that your post was incomprehensible...One of many.
Learn to cerebrate.

Old 08-29-2010, 06:04 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,651,307 times
Quote:
Learn to cerebrate.
Oh really? Look, you're on a forum where the required language is English, which is obviously not your first language. You have a huge language barrier in that your English is constructed so oddly that English-speakers have a hard time sorting out what you're saying. It's not an issue with us being stupid or refusing to think about your posts. It's an issue with your command of the English language. You're using English words, but you're putting them together in ways that are gibberish.

Now, there are a lot of people here whose first language is not English, who manage to make themselves perfectly clear with less of a vocabulary than you do, so I don't think it's us that has the problem "cerebrating". Heck, I even understand Effie far more than you, and that's saying something.

Old 08-29-2010, 06:36 PM

You have problems. You don't tell the versions. You as parrots. Speak: "It is the Myth".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality