Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 05:40 PM

815 posts, read 1,543,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Oh really? Look, you're on a forum where the required language is English, which is obviously not your first language. You have a huge language barrier in that your English is constructed so oddly that English-speakers have a hard time sorting out what you're saying. It's not an issue with us being stupid or refusing to think about your posts. It's an issue with your command of the English language. You're using English words, but you're putting them together in ways that are gibberish.

Now, there are a lot of people here whose first language is not English, who manage to make themselves perfectly clear with less of a vocabulary than you do, so I don't think it's us that has the problem "cerebrating". Heck, I even understand Effie far more than you, and that's saying something.
It isn't true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 05:59 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloy View Post
You have problems. You don't tell the versions. You as parrots. Speak: "It is the Myth".
We have problems? About the only problem the majority of us have is that we don't always agree. Yet we do understand WHAT the other poster is saying.

Most community colleges have english as a second language courses and they are not very expensive. It would be to your benefit to talk a couple of them.

Old 08-29-2010, 06:07 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times
Quote:
You have problems.
To whom are you speaking?

Quote:
You don't tell the versions.
Versions of what?

Quote:
You as parrots.
Full, intelligible sentences please; that is not one. For one thing, it lacks this special thing we call a "verb".

Quote:
Speak: "It is the Myth".
Again: full, intelligible sentences, please. If you want discourse with us, you're going to have to make some changes to your communication skills.

Old 08-29-2010, 06:13 PM

815 posts, read 1,543,941 times
Versions of what?
Genetic modification and the bible
-------------------------------------------

Old 08-29-2010, 08:11 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.brons View Post
How do you know there isnt human dna in the food you are eating?
Given that the FDA would absolutely *freak* at any company that attempted to insert human DNA into a food product, I don't forsee such an issue ever coming up.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:17 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,685,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
Given that the FDA would absolutely *freak* at any company that attempted to insert human DNA into a food product, I don't forsee such an issue ever coming up.
Such products would not get kosher certification, which would violate many corporations purchasing policies.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:10 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Default Wow! the confusion reigns supreme, as does the mis-info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
That isn't even true and it's so far off base it isn't even funny.

The World grows enough food to feed a population 8 times the current population.

(snipped for brevity...)

Millions of tons of soy beans are used for bio-diesel instead of food.

In the US, millions of tons of corn are used for ethanol as a gasoline additive instead of food, and millions of tons more are used to produce corn syrup and corn oil for high fructose corn syrup to put in the 1,000s of different beverages Ahmuricans drink so they can claim they have a higher standard of living.
Fact: the majority of modern yur basic Uh-Mur-Khan vehicles are now achieving significantly higher mileages than even 4 years ago. SUV sales have dropped off significantly as fuel prices rose, except for the many cross-over SUV ypes that, in fact, get about 25 - 32 mpg, very similar to that of the majority of Euro passenger cars. Several of them in fact, diesel versions, get > 40 mpg!

Before you blurt out your mis-information about what us ugly Mur-Khans are doing on a daily basis, (most of us are hard-working, happy and possessing of a very positive "can-do" approach. Perhaps you live in Canada?, my ex-pat homeland, where many are all taught to whine and bad-mouth Americans incessantly from birth, sanspeur here clearly excepted of course....).

I suggest you read up first and get your facts right. You don't want to appear to be biased, exaggerative or blatantly anti-American and hostile just for hostility's sake, now do you, Mircea?

BTW #2: what's so horribly wrong with growing coarse corn specifically destined for ethanol production. You like our N. American over-dependence on Middle East oil perhaps, and don't appreciate any technologically and environmentally advanced efforts to wean us off that economic and socio-political nightmare? you do know that ethanol is 1) a renewable resource, 2) a low-emissions fuel, 3) it's easily compatible with most vehicle fuel systems already on the roads, and hence 4) it's a low-cost conversion alternative? You do know all that, right?

Alternately, you want all 6.5 billion of us to revert to horse and carriage? Where is it that you do live, pray tell? On a Greek island with 12.3 km of roads, total?

BTW #3: China, not the US, is by far the biggest consumer of autos [and everything else as well...] now, and they are building coal-fired power plants at a hideous rate each month (what is it? 20/month right now?) Their environmental regulations are pitiful; ours are onerously technically advanced, but we are overall quite a clean country in fact, and more so each year, especially given our large population and geographical expanse.

But you think it's all the fault of Americans? Again; do a little reading first!

In Europe, the traditional staggeringly high fuel prices have indeed favored such cars as the original BMC Minis (mine was a 1959 850cc with a mind-numbing 39 hp!), and they typically get >35 mpg on average. But we're getting there, and you've obviously never driven across Montana or Texas in a Fiat 850 have you? Lower back pain? You have NO idea!

Q: Can you explain CAFE to me? to show me your in-depth technical understanding of fuel economy regulations. How's about urea injection systems? (Hint: CAFE's a governmentally mandated requirement.) Do you know what the 2011 requirements are? How about NHTSA (huh?) safety and EPA emissions standards, which incidentally are the highest in the world?

Finally, in most aspects we DO have a higher standard of living. Ever notice how so many fly, swim, float, drive, drawl, tunnel, dig or hot-air balloon into this country? I don't see folks leaving this country in droves; they must like it here, faults and all (Which country or government of over 300+ million people does not have faults, BTW. I'm all ears...)

Now, as to the eloy chronicles....

Quote:
Be mistaken. In Bible "heroes" and "god" knew laws "RITA" - the blood and spirit law. Are known as "Telegonia"
Look history about Anan. God forced Anan to enclose "seed". Anan hasn't made (it knew that the child not with its genes) will be born. Anan "poured out the seed" to earth. God has killed Anana (punishment for insubordination).
Quote:
I speak about that I see and I feel.
Discrimination to a national sign (genetic - cultural) is an everyday occurrence in the Bible, the Koran and in that World.
Science and the big historians don't like to recognize the errors.

(rifleman's comment here: Hogwash and BS. Understand those words, eloy? Don't insult my profession; it makes you look like a total moronic idiot, which I'm so sure you're not!)

They persistently trust in myths. In the presence of material proofs. At me the careful relation to "the scientific facts".People knew that is poisonous or edible. It is not obligatory to have a microscope and the computer to notice the facts in the field of genetics.

Really? You know this how?
BTW, genetics and toxicology [poisons] are quite different areas of expertise. Just so you know.

It also is reached by means of supervision and was accessible to any " ancient person " at all times.We live under nature laws which have been learned since the first times.
Yep; there it is: the great Muslim scientists who knew it all way back when.... sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Yes the Bible has a very advanced account of genetic manipulation! Why this did not make into scientific research and textbooks is perplexing.

Impressed?

Not so much, but thanks for trying! (I'm sure you're kidding, right?)

Quote:
Learn to cerebrate.
Ok. But.... what are we celebrating? Your posts?

Quote:
You have problems. You don't tell the versions. You as parrots. Speak: "It is the Myth".
Quote:
It isn't true.
I'd have to agree with you here. As to your understanding of science's processes and results: you obviously don't have even the slightest idea, now do you? It's just all "parroting" and bluff and buffoonery. No "versions" here, except yours!

More politely said... I leave it to the erudite and eloquent Mercury Cougar here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
It's an issue with your command of the English language. You're using English words, but you're putting them together in ways that are gibberish.

Now, there are a lot of people here whose first language is not English, who manage to make themselves perfectly clear with less of a vocabulary than you do, so I don't think it's us that has the problem "cerebrating". Heck, I even understand Effie far more than you, and that's saying something.
I think she's gone, unless she's now under an assumed name? eloy? That you, Ms. G-Tad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
We have problems? About the only problem the majority of us have is that we don't always agree. Yet we do understand WHAT the other poster is saying.

Most community colleges have english as a second language courses and they are not very expensive. It would be to your benefit to take a couple of them.
Well over his/her head I'm afraid, pam.

Night all! And please... don't lose sleep over eloy's odd commentary.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:28 PM

33,541 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Fact: the majority of modern yur basic Uh-Mur-Khan vehicles are now achieving significantly higher mileages than even 4 years ago. SUV sales have dropped off significantly as fuel prices rose, except for the many cross-over SUV ypes that, in fact, get about 25 - 32 mpg, very similar to that of the majority of Euro passenger cars. Several of them in fact, diesel versions, get > 40 mpg!
How about a car that uses no fuel, and produces no emissions? Coming soon. Air Car - MiniCAT by Tata Motors | Big Junkies

Quote:
Before you blurt out your mis-information about what us ugly Mur-Khans are doing on a daily basis, (most of us are hard-working, happy and possessing of a very positive "can-do" approach. Perhaps you live in Canada?, my ex-pat homeland, where many are all taught to whine and bad-mouth Americans incessantly from birth, sanspeur here clearly excepted of course....).
I just can't let this go by without comment...I do not know any Canadians that bad mouth Americans, let alone anyone teaching such a thing. We do think in some ways our culture is better than the US, but admit that the opposite is also true. Personally I like our American neighbors and have gotten to know quite a few of them.

Quote:
BTW #2: what's so horribly wrong with growing coarse corn specifically destined for ethanol production. You like our N. American over-dependence on Middle East oil perhaps, and don't appreciate any technologically and environmentally advanced efforts to wean us off that economic and socio-political nightmare? you do know that ethanol is 1) a renewable resource, 2) a low-emissions fuel, 3) it's easily compatible with most vehicle fuel systems already on the roads, and hence 4) it's a low-cost conversion alternative? You do know all that, right?
I agree, but I think as new technology comes online fossil fuels will be needed less. The bio fuels won't necessarily be made from grains...This I think is the future of Bio fuels.. Technology Review: Fuel from Algae
Quote:
BTW #3: China, not the US, is by far the biggest consumer of autos [and everything else as well...] now, and they are building coal-fired power plants at a hideous rate each month (what is it? 20/month right now?) Their environmental regulations are pitiful; ours are onerously technically advanced, but we are overall quite a clean country in fact, and more so each year, especially given our large population and geographical expanse.
The Chinese are buying cars faster than they can build roads...
A massive traffic jam in China has slowed vehicles to a crawl for nine days near Beijing, local media say. Vehicles, mostly lorries bound for Beijing, are in a queue for about 100km (62 miles) because of heavy traffic, road works and breakdowns. BBC News - China traffic jam stretches 'nine days, 100km'

Old 08-29-2010, 10:41 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I just can't let this go by without comment...I do not know any Canadians that bad mouth Americans, let alone anyone teaching such a thing. We do think in some ways our culture is better than the US, but admit that the opposite is also true. Personally I like our American neighbors and have gotten to know quite a few of them.
All the Canucks I know badmouth us...but as a joke, not maliciously. They're rather like the Aussies in that respect, except the Aussies take it to an even higher level of 'tough love'.

Old 08-29-2010, 11:35 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan
Quote:
First, read Environmental Effects of Increased Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide, and then subscribe to Climate Depot (it's free).
Why?
Do they have evidence that smoking is actually beneficial to your health or that America doesn't put growth hormones in their meat?
If they don’t then you’re still sidestepping my question.

Quote:
Your assertions are secular-liberal-progressive Leftist myths.
And this is because I haven’t read Effects of Increased Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide or aren’t subscribed to Climate Depot (as far as I know the JW’s The Watchtower is also free but I’m just not inclined to subscribe to magazines that are filled with propaganda).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality