Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 02:26 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,609,273 times

Advertisements

I must confess that I've never entirely understood some people's animus towards former British Prime Minister Tony Blair -- but I've never directly disputed it, though, because I've never known enough about him to have a strong opinion. Now, though, I think I do understand their animus: the man is a political menace and an intellectual vacuum. And I think I'm being overly kind in this conclusion.

Proofform - Tony Blair: Religions Must Unite Against Secularism, Atheists
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 02:45 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times
How on earth can such ignorant people head a nation?

Old 09-01-2010, 02:50 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,633,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
I must confess that I've never entirely understood some people's animus towards former British Prime Minister Tony Blair -- but I've never directly disputed it, though, because I've never known enough about him to have a strong opinion. Now, though, I think I do understand their animus: the man is a political menace and an intellectual vacuum. And I think I'm being overly kind in this conclusion.

If you understood religion and what religious folks believe and what they are commanded to do, and you tried to see it from their perspective, then I don't think you would say those things. Tony Blair ran a first world country. What have you done that even approaches that, Mr. Intellectual?

Old 09-01-2010, 03:09 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
If you understood religion and what religious folks believe and what they are commanded to do, and you tried to see it from their perspective, then I don't think you would say those things. Tony Blair ran a first world country. What have you done that even approaches that, Mr. Intellectual?

You didn't even check the link, did you? If you had you would have known that those words were cut and pasted from what was linked to...

George Bush ran the US for 8 years....Need I say more?

Old 09-01-2010, 03:10 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post

Hmmm...just one more religious fanatic to add to the pile.

It's scary when people with these kinds of views are in charge of entire countries.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:13 PM

180 posts, read 217,282 times
secularism and atheism is the devil

Old 09-01-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
Anyone who espouses taking my FREE rights away (my right to not believe like you do) is A FANATIC AND DANGEROUS TO A FREE SOCIETY....and those who follow and approve of anyone who espouses those kinds of things are the same.

I live in a FREE country and I want it to remain that way.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:37 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
I lived in Britain under Blair. (shudder).

Old 09-01-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
I lived in Britain under Blair. (shudder).
Is he really that fanatical???

Old 09-01-2010, 03:49 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Yep!

Soon as he left office he 'converted' to Catholicism too. Not many votes from the Catholics in Britain see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality