Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 12:27 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,222,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
Up to now, I have been on forums that are only for believers, and this is the response they have had to this fake Baptist church:
  • They despise and denounce what this fake Baptist church is doing/saying.
  • Baptists are embarrassed that they chose to use "Baptist" in their name (but then I could go out and start a snake-handling, car-stealing church that that worships me me me and still call it Baptist, because anyone can call themselves Baptist. No one has a monopoly on that name, and it would not be illegal to use it).
  • They DO protest such actions whenever they can.
  • They hate everything these fake Baptist stand for.
  • They love our country and support the soldiers.
  • They think these people are complete idiots with an agenda that will bore a hole right through into hell.
  • They believe these people will not stand in judgment but will fall down before Almighty G-d in what will apparently be their first experience of silence.

These people should not be given any new-space but their upcoming activities should continue to be distributed to the motorcycle gangs that despice them and to all people who will denounce them. It is just like the silly little church that wants to burn the qur'an -- ignore them, don't give them news space, and they will eventually slink away. They are narcissistic mind-poisoning child-abusers and bullies.
Well, if you know any bikers in the Colorado Springs area tell them that's where those fools are. Today and tomorrow.

If that isn't bad enough, the funeral they plan on disrupting is for an Army chaplain.

I don't think they could sink any lower.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 12:45 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,251,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Well, if you know any bikers in the Colorado Springs area tell them that's where those fools are. Today and tomorrow.

If that isn't bad enough, the funeral they plan on disrupting is for an Army chaplain.

I don't think they could sink any lower.
I don't know any groups personally, Pamela, but watch for them -- they'll be there. If you don't see them, ask.

I don't know you, Pamela, and I don't wish to be obnoxious to you if you are not one who believes in prayer, but I will pray for you as you go through this today and tomorrow. I ask for shalom at the funeral site; I ask that everyone there is protected from westboro; I ask that the families, especially, are protected from all who wish them harm and all who criticize their loved ones who gave their lives; I ask that Colorado Springs will recognize the truth about this hero.

G-d bless you, Pamela. Most here completely support you and Colorado Springs and are holding you, specifically, up in their thoughts and prayers.

Old 09-08-2010, 01:45 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,222,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
I don't know any groups personally, Pamela, but watch for them -- they'll be there. If you don't see them, ask.

I don't know you, Pamela, and I don't wish to be obnoxious to you if you are not one who believes in prayer, but I will pray for you as you go through this today and tomorrow. I ask for shalom at the funeral site; I ask that everyone there is protected from westboro; I ask that the families, especially, are protected from all who wish them harm and all who criticize their loved ones who gave their lives; I ask that Colorado Springs will recognize the truth about this hero.

G-d bless you, Pamela. Most here completely support you and Colorado Springs and are holding you, specifically, up in their thoughts and prayers.
Thank you.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:57 PM

33,522 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Here is a list of upcoming sites the WBC plans to picket... Westboro Baptist Church Press Releases

And here is a list of the mission rides of the Patriot Guard Riders... Found on the right when you scroll down... Home

Old 09-08-2010, 03:30 PM

5,535 posts, read 7,105,410 times
Yup, the bikers show up at these "rallies" and rev their Harley engines over the chanting and singing "church" members. The cops just stand around nearby laughing at the whole scene.

I never cared much for hard-core bikers 'till I heard about this.

Old 09-08-2010, 03:38 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,981,130 times
You`re right op, their actions are disgraceful. From the way I see it is they are hiding under a Christian name but they are not Christians themselves. A lot of people use the name "Christian" that does not truly represent Christ at all.

Old 09-08-2010, 03:40 PM

5,535 posts, read 7,105,410 times
There's a video on youtube where the Phelps woman acknowledges giving birth to an illegitimate child.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:03 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
I want to address the people ( insert massive sarcasm here ) of Westboro Baptist Church and to all who support what they do.

You and your actions sicken me! How can you call yourselves Christians and do the things that you do? What gives you the right to violate a family's grief by protesting at funerals for our military?

These men and women died to keep our country free and to keep YOU free and this is how you honor them?

In my opinion you are nothing more than a pathetic group of cowards.

Perhaps when one of your members passes away we should walk around your funeral carrying signs saying "thank God for dead Baptist protesters".

I know that your behavior is not the status quo for all Baptists so if I have offended any true Christians ,please accept my apologies.
Take some meds, Pam. Find a therapist

Old 09-08-2010, 04:11 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
By the way, I'm tempted to dial my special mod hotline.

1-800-CRYJUNE

If you're Antlered Chamataka, press 1. Others, press 2.

This thread propagates hatred against the poor Baptists

Old 09-08-2010, 04:34 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
At least they are honest about their scorn. I am sick of those passive-aggressive Christians i.e., the majority who claim that they are tolerant of sinners but hate the sin. Then they go out and sin behind closed doors and in secrecy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality