Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 11:47 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times

Advertisements

I feel it necessary to observe that "supporting free speech when it supported his regime" is hardly free speech!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 12:00 AM

2,782 posts, read 4,164,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
You missed my point.....I want the rep. I gave you erased...LOL..I said NO SUCH THING.....I said respect their right to state their beliefs...I never said you must respect the beliefs themselves....PLEASE read the thread in it's entirety before deciding my position/intent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Quote:
I'm saying to respect what they believe; even IF I know it to be ridiculous.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Respect does not mean zero criticism.
Noone said it did except YOU...SEE I can play too.
Really....
Really lol... You really do have a short memory..

Old 09-28-2010, 10:20 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
And you apparently have just proven my points with snarky and argumentative posts...as you have done throughout the thread.....LOL...we all see it.....for what it is. It's readily apparent...many posters argue simply for the "thrill" of arguing...That's common ground WE all can agree on. ;-)

Old 09-29-2010, 12:06 AM

2,782 posts, read 4,164,177 times
Quote:
And you apparently have just proven my points with snarky and argumentative posts...as you have done throughout the thread.....LOL...we all see it.....for what it is. It's readily apparent...many posters argue simply for the "thrill" of arguing...That's common ground WE all can agree on. ;-)
Hey, either keep track of what you say or don't lie, I don't know what which one you are doing but if you are going to claim I'm not reading post, and saying you didn't say something, I will go back and find your quote of you saying such a thing.

I know this is clearly a red herring tactic.

I do not debate to win, but to understand, thus I don't say contradicting statements, you might try that in future discussions.

People here have suggested over and over that to achieve common ground we must stop criticizing and insulting people. How will this cause common ground.. I see this as just another attempt to say please stop it...
http://grungly.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/christian-hypocrisy.jpg (broken link)

I'm insulted and offended that you think I would fall for such a trick.. so what are you going to do about that?

Old 02-20-2019, 10:09 PM

2 posts, read 651 times
Ideologies that infringe on other ideologies and demand conformity as truth that stifles the human spirit, and is a social disease. Freedom of thought, and conviction, and expression are precious. The common ground with opposing ideologies is to understand we are all human and do NOT have the right to harm or stifle others whatsoever. We do NOT have the right to enforce our convictions on other people. The best that can be done is to work on a common morality issue by issue and part ways and tolerate each other where we disagree. Let each individual decide for themselves how they are going to live, and continue the arduous work of finding common ground. And lets hope the common ground is to do no harm to each other. Certain issues will always be a legal, and political fight. I do not think there is any way around that. Ones hope is the next generation will be wiser, smarter, and more empathetic then the last generation. I hope to see the family structure and right to raise your children as you see fit under reasonable laws remain. Nobody wants a life controlling government i hope. You have to look at the gcf, and lcd of finding a basic common morality amongst all people.

Old 02-21-2019, 05:08 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
it all depends on the personality that is involved.

Fundy think type atheist and theist will find common ground in WAR.

more rational people will find common ground in having a well oiled police force in place to help us from the above types.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality