Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 12:22 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,634,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
This is mentioned in the Lost History thread.

The whole Giant Humans thing.
So then you think Jonathan Gray, a supporter of Ron Wyatt. is some kind of authoritative expert?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Gray_(writer)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 12:27 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,919,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
In the Bible on Genesis 6:4 ``there were giants in those days``.... these were the days After Adam had passed away about 5,000 years ago... and the the Lord God reason that HIS Spirit could not be with this evil man and the Lord God planned to renew the earth ......
Now that is an authoritative source... the bible?

Might as well believe in Santa Claus and the tooth fairy.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:14 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,712,695 times
I have looked in the past at 'Giant humans' claims. They have turned out to be an impudent photographic fake and some old newspaper reports - late 19th c if I recall.

The claims of humans in coal were a different claim, but turned out to have little more substance.

If there are specific claims for the remains of giant (not just tall) humans or human fossils found in coal -seams, I am willing to look at them, but just references to 'it was on discovery channel' or similar vague claims are not deserving of much consideration, and even less are Bible passages as the earlier parts of the Bible have been soundly shown here to be without any credibility whatsoever, up until say the 7th century when the writers begin to talk about Assyria.

P.s I did look at the lost history thread which you linked and the only thing that really stood up was the old standby - If you can explain how the pyramids were built, let's hear it. If you can't, then human cannot have done it and it must be...(insert any wild theory you like).

That is at best an unexplained. There have been many of these, mainly fall out from Daniken and which still gets trotted out. I don't deny that the ancient abilities in working and handling huge stone blocks is puzzling, but the fact is that this was done all over the world from Tiahuacano to Easter Island and it is claiming far too much to argue alien technology. Even if that was the case, so what? It is no more something to upset science (and admit some credibility for supernatural claims - which is what this is all about) than finding that Vikings did arrive in Vinland.

The fact is that Egyptian methods of stone-working were used up to the Ptolemaic period and it is straining credibility that aliens were popping in with power -tools and lazer -cutters to help Cleopatra construct her palace from huge lengths of highly -polished iron -hard Diorite without any mention or evidence being left behind.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 09-10-2013 at 06:28 AM..

Old 09-10-2013, 08:36 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,817,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Enow, I find this topic very interesting.

I had heard that after the world-wide flood of Noah's day that the coal beds were then laid down due to the immense pressure of the water. It could be that the skeletons and other human and animal artifacts found in the coal beds are actually of the time when they were killed by the flood.
If that was true we would have coal beds in ocean basins. We don't.

Old 09-10-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
If that was true we would have coal beds in ocean basins. We don't.
Nice point. Any YE explanation, anyone? If I was a believer, I'd say 'Not found yet...'

P.s come to think of it, given the amount of tectonic reforming of the landscape, why wouldn't there be coal seams under the sea? Answer is - there are. I read that the amount of undersea mining is negligible, but the seams are there.

They are also above ground, of course and that does tend to fit in with raising up and sinking of the ancient landscape. Again, whether over millions of years or a few years is debatable. Perhaps what is more indicative of an ancient earth is the salt mines which are the dried -up remains of ancient oceans. The water is still with us - having picked up a lot more minerals, but the massive levels of rock salt suggest very ancient oceans which evaporated, leaving millions of years of sea -salt behind. This of course is the explanation of why, if the earth is old, the oceans are not intensely salt.

To get back to Human giants, I had a read up and there is only that 'nephilim' photo hoax. Otherwise giants' bones have been examined and found to be animal, e.g mastodon bones.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 09-10-2013 at 01:34 PM..

Old 09-10-2013, 04:29 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,817,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Nice point. Any YE explanation, anyone? If I was a believer, I'd say 'Not found yet...'

P.s come to think of it, given the amount of tectonic reforming of the landscape, why wouldn't there be coal seams under the sea? Answer is - there are. I read that the amount of undersea mining is negligible, but the seams are there.

They are also above ground, of course and that does tend to fit in with raising up and sinking of the ancient landscape. Again, whether over millions of years or a few years is debatable. Perhaps what is more indicative of an ancient earth is the salt mines which are the dried -up remains of ancient oceans. The water is still with us - having picked up a lot more minerals, but the massive levels of rock salt suggest very ancient oceans which evaporated, leaving millions of years of sea -salt behind. This of course is the explanation of why, if the earth is old, the oceans are not intensely salt.

To get back to Human giants, I had a read up and there is only that 'nephilim' photo hoax. Otherwise giants' bones have been examined and found to be animal, e.g mastodon bones.
Not in the ocean basins. Coal has a non-marine source on continental environments, such as dense forests in low-lying wetland areas, lagoonal, tidal flat, onlap-off-lap depositional environments. This poses a big problem for flood geologists and their "floating mat" explanation for coal forming as a result of Noah's flood. This is what posed Kurt Wise a lot of grief. He has spent a lot of time and effort trying to prove out his theories on this subject to no avail. If these floating mats of vegetation were indiscriminately distributed all over the globe, and broken apart during the deluge since the globe would have been entirely inundated, we would expect to see huge coal beds in the ocean basins with similar frequency as on land. We just don't.

Last edited by PanTerra; 09-10-2013 at 05:07 PM..

Old 09-10-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Not in the ocean basins. Coal has a non-marine source on continental environments, such as dense forests in low-lying wetland areas, lagoonal, tidal flat, onlap-off-lap depositional environments. This poses a big problem for flood geologists and their "floating mat" explanation for coal forming as a result of Noah's flood. This is what posed Kurt Wise a lot of grief. He has spent a lot of time and effort trying to prove out his theories on this subject to no avail. If these floating mats of vegetation were indiscriminately distributed all over the globe, and broken apart during the deluge since the globe would have been entirely inundated, we would expect to see huge coal beds in the ocean basins with similar frequency as on land. We just don't.
Gocha. Yes. I know the undersea coal - seams are continuations of the land -based ones. I wondered whether there couldn't actually be coal seams under the basins, but I take your correction. The lack of evidence of vegetation mats (which ought to be global of course) forming coal globally is a problem for Flood geology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality