Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 12:58 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,021,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie1234 View Post
that's gotta be the most twisted logic you reverend have ever come up with! lol
How is that twisted? If you deny something then there is no way it can be proven. It's like being color blind. If I see red and the color blind person only sees grey, I will never prove what is red because he can't see it.

You deny God and heaven so I cannot prove them to you. God is within you. Heaven is within you. You deny God and heaven so they cannot be proven to you until you take the journey for yourself.

Have a nice journey as there is nothing left to say to you. May you find peace and joy in your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 01:04 PM

512 posts, read 1,434,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Nothing more than WHAT? Prior to the schism between science and religion . . . brought on by the persecution of science by religious autocrats and nutjobs of the day . . . there was no such distinction. It still is a false dichotomy without any basis in science.
oh sorry mystic, let me spell it out for you.
nature is nothing more than nature (ie. nature is not the proof for your god), unless it is proven to be. (ie. nature is just nature....unless you can show via producing evidence that nature is actually the resultant of your god)

what's your phd in by the way?

Old 09-20-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
How is that twisted? If you deny something then there is no way it can be proven. It's like being color blind. If I see red and the color blind person only sees grey, I will never prove what is red because he can't see it.

You deny God and heaven so I cannot prove them to you. God is within you. Heaven is within you. You deny God and heaven so they cannot be proven to you until you take the journey for yourself.

Have a nice journey as there is nothing left to say to you. May you find peace and joy in your life.
I deny it because i see no evidence for it.

yup. i sure hope that's the end of you in this thread. lol

Old 09-20-2010, 01:12 PM

63,774 posts, read 40,030,593 times
Quote:
oh sorry mystic, let me spell it out for you.
nature is nothing more than nature (ie. nature is not the proof for your god), unless it is proven to be. (ie. nature is just nature....unless you can show via producing evidence that nature is actually the resultant of your god)

what's your phd in by the way?
You keep using that word . . . ("nature") . . . but I don't think it means what you think it means. (Couldn't resist . . . love the Princess Bride flick). What the hell IS this "Nature" you keep referring to . . . as if it is obvious what it means?

Old 09-20-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
You keep using that word . . . ("nature") . . . but I don't think it means what you think it means. (Couldn't resist . . . love the Princess Bride flick). What the hell IS this "Nature" you keep referring to . . . as if it is obvious what it means?
well, the only reason why i mentioned "nature" is cause you did. nature to me is trees, rocks, rabbits, the earth and the universe. you know....nature.

my point is: one shouldn't accept anything without evidence. that's it. not more, not less.

you said Heaven is a physical place....right? so what i asked about was well, where is this physical place....and that's when you came back with all the silliness. hehe

ps. you never told me what your phd was in.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
you said Heaven is a physical place....right?
No.
Quote:
so what i asked about was well, where is this physical place....and that's when you came back with all the silliness. hehe
You can see it when you look up at night . . . but it is not physical . . I believe that was Katzpur.
Quote:
ps. you never told me what your phd was in.
Social Psychology and Quantitative Research Methods . . not that you are likely to know what they are. If you are interested in pursing one . . . a PhD degree is first and foremost a science degree and every candidate must master the scientific method at a level sufficient to allow them to conduct empirical research on their own to advance knowledge into areas on the frontiers of extant knowledge (whatever fields they intend to apply it to). They must exhibt the ability to learn on their own, think creatively about the unknown aspects of their disciplines, and produce original research that adds to the knowledge in their fields.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Social Psychology and Quantitative Research Methods . . not that you are likely to know what they are. If you are interested in pursing one . . . a PhD degree is first and foremost a science degree and every candidate must master the scientific method at a level sufficient to allow them to conduct empirical research on their own to advance knowledge into areas on the frontiers of extant knowledge (whatever fields they intend to apply it to). They must exhibt the ability to learn on their own, think creatively about the unknown aspects of their disciplines, and produce original research that adds to the knowledge in their fields.
well, i guess there's always a few that slip through the cracks once in a while then. how else could one explain someone like you having a phd in a scientific field?

Old 09-20-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
well, i guess there's always a few that slip through the cracks once in a while then. how else could one explain someone like you having a phd in a scientific field?
God works in mysterious ways!

Old 09-20-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Oh oh . . . no laugh smiley??? Getting nasty then, are we? Just when I thought we had a breakthrough.
well, if a smiley is going to make your day, fine, here is one for you
but that doesn't take away from the fact that it is shameful to be educated, yet still believe in primitive ideas of boogymen and invisible sky monsters.
here's another one for you:

Old 09-20-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
well, if a smiley is going to make your day, fine, here is one for you
but that doesn't take away from the fact that it is shameful to be educated, yet still believe in primitive ideas of boogymen and invisible sky monsters.
here's another one for you:
But I don't believe in primitive ideas of boogymen and invisible sky monsters. You didn't read the posts I linked for you . . . did you? Too bad . . . a mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality