Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 08:57 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,820,641 times

Advertisements

I am curious to see what the CD community thinks of this certainly notable day. What makes it notable for you? Do you believe it is a day of blessing from the biblical God? Do you believe it is just a really lucky day? Or do you not care either way? Express your opinions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2007, 09:09 PM

508 posts, read 1,670,282 times
I think it is a very important day. I gave my dad his first set of golf clubs in 25 years and we spent several hours at the driving range.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:13 PM

23,000 posts, read 34,295,156 times
Just another day to praise the Lord like any other day. I really didn't even think about it till you brought it up, just like didn't think much about 6-6-06, 5-5-05 and so on.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittZ View Post
I think it is a very important day. I gave my dad his first set of golf clubs in 25 years and we spent several hours at the driving range.
Sounds good . Wow, I just saw a baby on the news that was born down here today at 7:07 on

Old 07-07-2007, 09:15 PM

253 posts, read 639,793 times
Actually, technically, today is 7-7-07 not 7-7-7. There were several instances of all sevens, like thirty years ago in 1977 at 7-7-77, but the last instance of three sevens was in 907 AD and the only noteworthy 7-7-7 in my opinion was in 7 AD when Jesus was 7 years old. That's one of the arguments I used to say the world wasn't going to end on the sixth of June last year as the logic that the world would end on 6-6-6 would put the most likely day for that to happen in Jesus Christ's sixth year, thus rendering Christianity useless. So, to sum it all up, today is nothing to me but just another July 7th and it just happens to be in this, the year of our Lord, two thousand and seven.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:17 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,894,798 times
I wonder how many hit that triple in Vegas or the lottery today?!...

I thought it was cute how many people got married today and all the 7 themes surrounding the day.

Locally, they did a segment on a little girl in Ohio who was celebrating her 7th b-day today!...her father decorated the front lawn with all these huge number sevens and all of her b-day treats had a seven theme to it...7-layer jello, 7up cupcakes....there were more...it was really cute and sounded like tons of fun!

Old 07-07-2007, 09:18 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,443,032 times
07-07-07??
Another day to thank the good Lord for all the many blessings in my life, my family, and all my cd friends

Old 07-07-2007, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac View Post
Actually, technically, today is 7-7-07 not 7-7-7. There were several instances of all sevens, like thirty years ago in 1977 at 7-7-77, but the last instance of three sevens was in 907 AD and the only real 7-7-7 was in 7 AD when Jesus was 7 years old. That's one of the arguments I used to say the world wasn't going to end on the sixth of last month as the logic that the world would end on 6-6-6 would put the most likely day for that to happen in Jesus Christ's sixth year, thus rendering Christianity useless. So, to sum it all up, today is nothing to me but just another July 7th and it just happens to be in this, the year of our Lord, two thousand and seven.
I was scared on 6-6-6. I was staying in the Castle on the Hudson at the time in Westchester County, NY. Something seemed creepy to me about staying in a castle on 666, even a five star one. Don't know why. But I sure said my prayers that night! I woke up the next morning, and although it was not the end of the world, it was raining, lol. As far as the numbers, you present an interesting point there. They say that theoretically, the world will end on December 21, 2012, because the Aztec calender ends that day. Regardless, this is the religion forum, and keep the discussion going!

Old 07-07-2007, 09:24 PM

253 posts, read 639,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
I was scared on 6-6-6. I was staying in the Castle on the Hudson at the time in Westchester County, NY. Something seemed creepy to me about staying in a castle on 666, even a five star one. Don't know why. But I sure said my prayers that night! I woke up the next morning, and although it was not the end of the world, it was raining, lol. They say that theoretically, the world will end on December 21, 2012, because the Aztec calender ends that day. Regardless, this is the religion forum, and keep the discussion going!
Yeah, I'm just a bit sceptical whenever a mortal says that the world is going to end because according to the Bible we aren't supposed to know the day or the hour as humans. When the winter solstace 2012 rolls around people will see me wearing a black T-shirt that says "Smite Me" in big white print. Althought there is some evidence that on that day there could be a major pole-shift, which would cause major chaos, I don't think it'll be the end of the world, heck, I might die in my "Smite Me" shirt, but I don't think it will be the end as it was predicted by man. But the fact that the Aztec Calendar ends on that day could simply mean that they couldn't see any further into the future, I mean, thousands of years is not easy to plan people!

Old 07-07-2007, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac View Post
Yeah, I'm just a bit sceptical whenever a mortal says that the world is going to end because according to the Bible we aren't supposed to know the day or the hour as humans. When the winter solstace 2012 rolls around people will see me wearing a black T-shirt that says "Smite Me" in big white print. Althought there is some evidence that on that day there could be a major pole-shift, which would cause major chaos, I don't think it'll be the end of the world, heck, I might die in my "Smite Me" shirt, but I don't think it will be the end as it was predicted by man. But the fact that the Aztec Calendar ends on that day could simply mean that they couldn't see any further into the future, I mean, thousands of years is not easy to plan people!
Now im scared .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality