Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does either gender naturally receive more grace from God?
Yes, males generally receive more grace from God. 0 0%
Yes, females generally receive more grace from God. 2 8.70%
No, each gender receives equal grace from God. 19 82.61%
No opinion/not sure. 2 8.70%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 12:53 PM
sun sun started this thread

683 posts, read 2,122,615 times

Advertisements

According to Webster's Dictionary:
GRACE [L gratia - favor, charm, thanks] is defined as: 1 a: unmerited divine assistance given man for his regeneration or sanctification b: a state of sanctification enjoyed through divine grace c: a virtue coming from God

SANCTIFY [L sanctus - sacred - more at SAINT] is defined as: 1: to set apart to a sacred purpose or to religious use : consecrate 2: to free from sin : purify 3.to give moral or social sanction to 4: to make efficient as the means of holiness

Is this about the battle of the sexes? Of course not. It's more about how people view God's differential treatment of the sexes from birth, that is if you feel that there are any differences in the amount of grace that they naturally receive at all.
If you could rate the relative strength of each gender based solely on the relative amount of grace that they receive from God and according to what you would consider to be each gender's divine purpose, which gender do believe that God naturally favors by conferring more of His Grace upon them at birth?
In other words, which gender do you consider to be more holy? That's not meant to mean that their aren't or can't be exceptions, but rather from the widest perspective when viewing the entire world's population by gender.
Does either gender naturally receive more grace from God?

Last edited by sun; 07-08-2007 at 01:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2007, 12:59 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,143,372 times
Maybe you should come up with a definition of "grace" that would satisfy everyone. Then, re-ask your question.

Old 07-08-2007, 01:11 PM

People are free to use any definition of grace that they prefer. Grace is something conferred by God according to His own desire and without merit or known reason. He dispenses it to whomever He pleases and whenever He chooses. If it's His way of choosing a favorite, does He dispense it based on gender at all?
That's why I'm asking, to see if one gender is more widely believed to be conferred God's grace more often than the other gender.
Thanks for responding and letting me know about the need for any clarification.

Old 07-08-2007, 01:18 PM

23,003 posts, read 34,323,501 times
Grace: everything God is rushing to meet my every need, all the time. Grace is God's love in action. Equal to everyone.

Old 07-08-2007, 01:37 PM

I believe that women are closer to God, and naturally receive more of God's favor and grace.
Men are the physically stronger sex, and there is a well know tendency for men to subjugate women here on earth. So I feel that God responds to their need for additional grace so that they don't despair and feel added victimization at the hands of men.
Since it is so often their lot and divine purpose in life to serve men through child bearing, they suffer more physically, carry a greater burden and need to be much more selfless than men. In that respect they are more Christ-like. And for these and many other reasons, it leads to God favoring women and conferring more of his grace upon them because He knows that they actually need and require it.
For instance, because women have more grace, it's the men who suffer most of the casulties of war. And even though there are more males born than females, because males have a higher death rate, females outnumber males in old age. I believe that this is further evidence of the additional grace that they receive from God.
So generally, females are closer to God in that they are more God-like and selfless, and therefore are more favored by God with His grace. They may often be weaker physically, but they are stronger in matters of faith and of the heart. And because they are intended to be closer to God's ideal and are more divine, that is the reason and the result of them usually receiving more grace.
Yes, women are greatly discriminated against at the hands of men. But God has the tendency to more than make up for it through His grace. It's all part of His design.

Last edited by sun; 07-08-2007 at 02:08 PM..

Old 07-08-2007, 02:02 PM

23,003 posts, read 34,323,501 times
Galatians 3:28 " There is no longer Jew or gentile, slave or free, male or female, for you are all Christians, you are one in Christ Jesus". I believe man and female are equal to God, anyone can be close to God as they want to be.

Old 07-08-2007, 02:04 PM

2,800 posts, read 9,996,586 times
God's Grace is freely given, equally, to anyone that is willing to accept it!

Old 07-09-2007, 05:38 AM

617 posts, read 2,818,456 times
I find, that people are given grace/blessings from God, based on individual worthiness. If you are living a righteous life, God will bless you. I don't think it is the right thing to do, to try and compare which gender receives the most grace from God. God loves his children equally, and blesses them as he sees fit.

What good does it do, to compare our blessings, or even what we see as lack of blessings/grace, to ANYONE, let alone someone of the opposite gender? We each are blessed with different strengths and talents, and because we differ, we each succeed in different ways.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibelle View Post
I find, that people are given grace/blessings from God, based on individual worthiness. If you are living a righteous life, God will bless you. I don't think it is the right thing to do, to try and compare which gender receives the most grace from God. God loves his children equally, and blesses them as he sees fit.

What good does it do, to compare our blessings, or even what we see as lack of blessings/grace, to ANYONE, let alone someone of the opposite gender? We each are blessed with different strengths and talents, and because we differ, we each succeed in different ways.
Since some people are simply more fallible than others, then wouldn't that appear to be a sign that God's grace is lacking in that individual and therefore, that individual may need help? There is public policy in this country based on the simple morality of people's behavior. When people lack morals and commit a crime for instance, even if it's petty, they can be incarcerated, fined or given community service as a punishment. Isn't the criminal justice system a reflection of just how God's grace works? Should overt signs of criminal acts by gender in our society be ignored?
It's probably a fact that more men commit crimes and are incarcerated for bad or immoral behavior. Is this a reflection that more men are sinners because they are lacking in God's grace and faith?
I don't see what's wrong with analyzing how God's grace may have real applications with important social implications.
The same can be said for many different patterns in society that aren't necessarily criminal, but need to be discouraged. Teen age sex, having children out of wedlock, high divorce rates, abusive behavior, road rage, etc....
God does give grace as He sees fit, and whether or not all people receive equal grace and blessings from God at one time or another, some people either forget about God's grace or aren't given enough of it to stay out of trouble.
So whatever the reason, there is a manifestion that results in reality from the differences of God's gifts that people do or do not receive. Agreed?
And I'm simply interested in hearing people's opinions about whether or not it's noticiable to them that overall, one gender may be lacking more of God's grace than the other.
There is a modern tendency to declare the sexes to be equal, which they certainly are under most of our laws, excepting combat duty maybe. The genders aren't always given equality in various churches and religions around the world. And not even under the laws in some cultures. If a women isn't virtuous in some cultures they are put to death, while the same behavior by a male results in no sanction at all. So the female needs to be much smarter & loyal just to survive. Does simple survival have anything to do with God's grace?
If gender discrimination in the world today has anything to do with beliefs, religious or otherwise, then there's a valid reason to try to compare the causes for it, and specifically whether it involves God's grace at all or not.
While both genders may have equal access to it, which gender if any, seems to receive more of it?

Last edited by sun; 07-09-2007 at 11:11 AM..

Old 07-09-2007, 10:59 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,187,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Galatians 3:28 " There is no longer Jew or gentile, slave or free, male or female, for you are all Christians, you are one in Christ Jesus". I believe man and female are equal to God, anyone can be close to God as they want to be.
Amen! I can word this any better than ILNC already did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality