Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2007, 12:01 PM

1,174 posts, read 5,890,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Your Biblical citations are Scripture no doubt, but what you have done to them in your faulty interpretation is careless, reckless, and false. I think you need to go back and do a word study on the word "creature" and compare it in context throughout the entire Bible.
So now it's a semantics debate over the word, "creature?" Why is this so difficult to accept?

Creatures are animals for they are not humans. I think it's pretty clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 12:10 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,790,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Your Biblical citations are Scripture no doubt, but what you have done to them in your faulty interpretation is careless, reckless, and false. I think you need to go back and do a word study on the word "creature" and compare it in context throughout the entire Bible.
Huh?

Old 07-11-2007, 12:18 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,178,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Huh?
Oh Irish, I've learned that anytime I use a verse and it doesn't line up with what certain people here think, then my "faulty interpretation is careless, reckless, and false." C'est la Vie...

Old 07-11-2007, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
Oh Irish, I've learned that anytime I use a verse and it doesn't line up with what certain people here think, then my "faulty interpretation is careless, reckless, and false." C'est la Vie...
Ok but what are the lesser creatures if not the animals? I just don't get it I guess.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:24 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,178,322 times
Quote:
Ok but what are the lesser creatures if not the animals? I just don't get it I guess.
I honestly don't know off the top of my head, but I would tend to agree with you I think. The only other explanation I can think of is I think these are the Scriptures that white-supremacist racist idiots use to say that non-white races are the lesser creatures, which we of course know is just retarded, to put it as nicely as I can. Now, THAT is an interpretation I would call faulty, careless, reckless, and false.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
I honestly don't know off the top of my head, but I would tend to agree with you I think. The only other explanation I can think of is I think these are the Scriptures that white-supremacist racist idiots use to say that non-white races are the lesser creatures, which we of course know is just retarded, to put it as nicely as I can. Now, THAT is an interpretation I would call faulty, careless, reckless, and false.
Ok so I guess I'm just reading a different book again.

Old 07-11-2007, 02:44 PM

743 posts, read 2,228,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
My dogs definately have a will and an intellect. Soul, I am not certain. But will and intellect definately.
Of course animals have intelligence, but not in the same capacity of human beings. Animals do not have the intellect to choose either God's will or their own will.

I guess I would say I really don't know whether animals have a future life after they die. Since their souls aren't immortal, we can't suppose they go to heaven. However, there is a possibility their life may be restored at the end of time.

It's Catholic teaching that, when Christ returns, there will be a general resurrection, when all creation will be renewed (Romans 8:18-23). Revelation 21:1 speaks of new heavens and a new earth, and Isaiah 11:6-9 of animals living at peace with one another and with man. This leaves open the possibility that, in this universal renovation, God will raise the bodies of animals, particularly our former pets, since this would contribute to our happiness. But this is speculation only.

Old 07-11-2007, 02:48 PM

668 posts, read 677,212 times
As I stated 13 pages or so, dogs are going to heaven,

but not cats!

Old 07-11-2007, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth ann View Post
This leaves open the possibility that, in this universal renovation, God will raise the bodies of animals, particularly our former pets, since this would contribute to our happiness. But this is speculation only.
This is for anyone...not just Beth Ann...her post just trigered this thought...but many others led to it also.

I don't understand why if scripture says what you want it to it's the undeniable truth and word of God but if not it's simply ignored or speculation only? Why is that?

Old 07-11-2007, 03:09 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,846,371 times
Quote:
This is for anyone...not just Beth Ann...her post just trigered this thought...but many others led to it also.

I don't understand why if scripture says what you want it to it's the undeniable truth and word of God but if not it's simply ignored or speculation only? Why is that?
That's called the itchy ear syndrome or cafeteria Christianity, ya take a little of that and liitle of this but no no you don't care for that over there.

It's a real problem. But usually when you call someone on it they get offended, say you're not a 'true' Christian or that you don't know what you are talking about.

For what it's worth, I don't think there can be more that one Truth. I may be wrong. You may be wrong. Heck, we all may be wrong. But we can not all be right, ya know?

<why is it so much harder to type on a laptop than on a desktop??>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality