Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 12:58 PM

3 posts, read 7,466 times

Advertisements

All creation is groaning and awaitng the re-creation of the new earth.
I believe, that dogs many not go to heaven...But will be re-created
on the new earth with all Gods beloved creatures.
God loves his creatures just as much as man.

Blessings,
christina
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 01:11 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,885,092 times
Ahhhh! How can cute, adorable Little Annie, and her pacifier, NOT go to heaven?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/KL7EU/Annie2.jpg (broken link)

And let's not forget Little Katie either:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/KL7EU/Katie.jpg (broken link)

Bud

Old 01-10-2009, 01:17 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,435,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azcountrygirl View Post

Blessings,
christina
I do believe that dogs and other animals do go to Heaven. My belief is that anything that breathes has a living soul. Matter of fact, I joke about how when my time comes I will look like St. Francis of Assisi with alllll of my dogs, cats, rabbit that has passed, come running to greet me.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:21 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,435,562 times
Bud, Annie is absolutely adorable!

Old 01-10-2009, 01:32 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:

Blessings,
christina
If they exist and are loved in your consciousness in this life . . . they will be with you in the next.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:17 PM

970 posts, read 1,700,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
I do believe that dogs and other animals do go to Heaven. My belief is that anything that breathes has a living soul.
Wow, heaven must be full of insects. For every human on earth, there's what, a billion insects?

Old 01-10-2009, 04:07 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,356,599 times
My dogs are already in heaven. I should live so well.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:09 AM

Default dogs go to heaven?

Hello everyone, After my Pet past on I wrote to my pastor and this is what he said:

Christina,
We're sorry to hear about the death of your pet. You're right, though. There is a lot that we can learn from them. One major lesson is about unconditional love.
I've also inserted an excerpt below about pets which was written by Pastor Doug Batchelor and should be encouraging to all pet owners:

I certainly believe there will be pets in heaven. In fact, almost every animal could potentially be a pet because none of them will be "wild" and they will not be afraid of us. Read Isaiah 11:6-9 to see a beautiful picture of what heaven will be like. I believe that God does everything perfectly and in heaven we will all find complete love and happiness that will include companionship with the animals.
Some say it would be impossible for our pets and furry friends from earth to be with them in heaven because animals don't have immortal souls (souls that live forever). However, this isn't a hindrance at all. Humans don't have immortal souls either; only God has immortality (1 Timothy 6:13-16). He will bless His people with eternal life as a gift of His grace when He comes again (2 Timothy 1:10). So, if the all-powerful God of the universe wants to surprise and delight us with the gift of resurrected kittens, puppies, horses, fish, rabbits, birds, snakes, turtles, or whatever other critters we love on this earth, He is certainly able to do so! We'll just have to wait and see!

I hope this is helpful.
Prayerfully yours,
Keith
The Amazing Facts Team
www.amazingfacts.org

(It made my day and my heart is peaceful!)
Christina Burgess

Old 01-25-2009, 01:54 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Christina,
We're sorry to hear about the death of your pet. You're right, though. There is a lot that we can learn from them. One major lesson is about unconditional love.
I've also inserted an excerpt below about pets which was written by Pastor Doug Batchelor and should be encouraging to all pet owners:

I certainly believe there will be pets in heaven. In fact, almost every animal could potentially be a pet because none of them will be "wild" and they will not be afraid of us. Read Isaiah 11:6-9 to see a beautiful picture of what heaven will be like. I believe that God does everything perfectly and in heaven we will all find complete love and happiness that will include companionship with the animals.
Some say it would be impossible for our pets and furry friends from earth to be with them in heaven because animals don't have immortal souls (souls that live forever). However, this isn't a hindrance at all. Humans don't have immortal souls either; only God has immortality (1 Timothy 6:13-16). He will bless His people with eternal life as a gift of His grace when He comes again (2 Timothy 1:10). So, if the all-powerful God of the universe wants to surprise and delight us with the gift of resurrected kittens, puppies, horses, fish, rabbits, birds, snakes, turtles, or whatever other critters we love on this earth, He is certainly able to do so! We'll just have to wait and see!
What a cool (and compassionate) pastor! My Church also teaches that all life will be resurrected.

Old 01-17-2010, 05:28 PM

Red face The true church of christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth ann View Post
Irish....as a catholic, I'm sure you're well aware of this, but this is my take............

As a catholic, I look to the teaching body of the church, since as a catholic I believe that Christ established One True Church on earth with a heirarchy (the magesterium) and a physical leader (the Pope). Catholics believe that Christ gave His church authority. Catholics also believe that Christ works through people (and didn't just leave this one big book as the sole reference for everyone to "individually" interpret what scripture means to them)

Catholics look to the church, which combines faith and reason, spirituality and intellect for answers on moral, spiritual, as well as theological issues sicne we believe there are universal truths.
Prophecy Reveals Faults of All Faiths
God has true people in all faiths. His true people, the church(no matter what their faith) will always humbly accept the correction of the Lord and will not shut their ears and hearts against Him by self-defensiveness. We should be very thankful that God's Word speaks with impartial honesty on every subject.
Eph:4:11-13 11 And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; (the church) 13until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.
"Here is the patience of the saints: (the body of Christ the true church, that lives in his followers hearts) here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus." Revelation 14:12.
They keep the commandments of God. These people of God happily obey His Ten Commandments and all other commandments He has given them. Their first aim is to please Him, whom they love (1 John 3:22).

Jesus, God's Son--deity Himself--who was more than equal to all the people who would ever live on earth, agreed to sacrifice His life to pay the death penalty for every sinner (1 Corinthians 5:7). By accepting His sacrifice, sinners would thus be freed from the guilt of sin (Romans 3:25). This glorious plan also included Jesus entering a person's life when invited (Revelation 3:20) and changing him to a new person (2 Corinthians 5:17). It provided power from Jesus to resist Satan and to restore every converted person to the image of God, in which he was created (Genesis 1:26, 27; Romans 8:29).
and enter a marriage with Jesus after baptism by full immersion. This offer is to all faiths to come into the true church, (not just for the Catholic Church. )
Ye are called in one body." Colossians 3:15. "He [Jesus] is the head of the body, the church." Colossians 1:18.

The Bible says that God's people are called into one body, or church. Jesus asks those who leave Babylon to join the remnant church--of which He is the head. Jesus said, "Other sheep I have, which are not of this fold." John 10:16. He also calls them "my people" in both the Old Testament (Isaiah 58:1) and the New Testament (Revelation 18:4). Of His sheep outside His fold (church), He says, "Them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd." "My sheep hear my voice, ... and they follow me." John 10:16, 27.
[SIZE=1][SIZE=1][CENTER] [/CENTER][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][/SIZE]

When I accept Him as Saviour, He saves me from the guilt and penalty of sin and gives me the new birth. He changes me from sinner to saint. This transaction is a glorious miracle and is essential to salvation. No one can be saved without it. However, Jesus is not finished with me at this point. I have been born, but His plan is that I also grow up to become like Him (Ephesians 4:13). When I accept Him daily as the ruler, or Lord, of my life, He, by His miracles, causes me to grow in grace and Christian conduct until I am mature in Christ (2 Peter 3:18).

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so." Acts 17:11.

All religious teachings must be compared with Scripture to determine their accuracy.

When a new Bible teaching is encountered, the only safe procedure is to compare it carefully with Scripture to see if it is in harmony with God's Word.
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]

Thank you and God Bless
Tina

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality