Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2007, 04:14 PM

668 posts, read 681,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
use a paint ball gun-runs em off and dont hurt em-well maybe their pride-lol plad
Bear-spray (mace but more of it) works if you are riding your bicycle? The confused look on poochies face while attempting to remove your leg is a beautiful sight to see. They are not hurt permanently, but they stop trying to kill you when you ride past them on your bike... which is nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 05:00 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,222,465 times

Whose fault is it that dogs chase people while riding their bicycles? It is the fault of their owners. I believe I would try to find them and spray them with mace or hit them with paint balls as the other poster suggested. Even better, report them to the police. Maybe that would "sense" them into responsibility for keeping their dogs confined and if they can't own up to that, possibly they'll have enough kindness to find the dog a home with someone who exhibits responsibility and love.

By the way, someone mentioned dogs don't have souls. If they don't, arguy1973, they certainly don't have pride. People are the only ones who exhibit that unattractive trait.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:25 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
Now if we're talking about dogs in heaven it can't be just any old dog. I would think that junk yard dogs, guard dogs, Dobermans and pitbulls should at least have a probationary period in case they get it into their heads to attack somebody. There's nothing that can ruin a day in heaven like a Doberman leaping at your throat!

Old 07-09-2007, 05:39 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,883,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
At least one other religion has animals going to heaven. It is said that when Mohammed ascended to heaven he didn't just float up into the sky. He had a winged horse named Burak who flew him there. Now if they get to have something as cool as flying horses I don't see why Christians shouldn't at least get dogs.
MontanaGuy, that is one excellent point right there. Jesus will return on a white horse, wonder where that will come from???

Old 07-09-2007, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post

Whose fault is it that dogs chase people while riding their bicycles? It is the fault of their owners. I believe I would try to find them and spray them with mace or hit them with paint balls as the other poster suggested. Even better, report them to the police. Maybe that would "sense" them into responsibility for keeping their dogs confined and if they can't own up to that, possibly they'll have enough kindness to find the dog a home with someone who exhibits responsibility and love.

By the way, someone mentioned dogs don't have souls. If they don't, arguy1973, they certainly don't have pride. People are the only ones who exhibit that unattractive trait.

it is the owners fault... They usually thank me after knocking on their door and asking if their dog is ok. But they do need to contain them. I do have a right to walk or ride bikes down the street w/o being attacked. I would never seriously hurt a pup. I gots one me self, he lives behind the fence, and I'm about to take him out for a bike-ride with a leash.

sorry we didn't mean to offend you, the police won't do anything about this problem in the South. Some people do much worse than to temporarily stun the animal. Today I accidentally rubbed my eye after cutting some fresh serrano peppers. I personally got paid back for my sins, but the blindness went away in a half hour.

Old 07-09-2007, 06:38 PM

Trebek wrote:
Quote:
Today I accidentally rubbed my eye after cutting some fresh serrano peppers. I personally got paid back for my sins, but the blindness went away in a half hour.
Oh I know what you mean. I just hate that temporary blindness! By the way, did you cut off any fingers?

Old 07-09-2007, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Trebek wrote:

Oh I know what you mean. I just hate that temporary blindness! By the way, did you cut off any fingers?
Well...Jus the second to the last one. but I still got the one that counts!

Old 07-09-2007, 06:45 PM

450 posts, read 2,055,680 times
Thumbs up C. S. Lewis and animals in heaven.

I am a Bible-believing Christian and have always taken comfort in something C. S. Lewis, the note British evangelical, said about animals. He was not sure that individual animals went to heaven as distinct personalities, but he did believe that the finest "essence" of the animal went to heaven. In other words, dogs and even cats will be there but they will be the best examples of their breed--loving, perfectly formed as examples of God's creation and giving their Creator glory by their very existence in heaven. If the Lord Jesus can ride a white horse, I see no reason why there cannot be other animals.

By the way, some of my Christian friends claim to love God's creation yet treat animals like trash.

I know that man is in the image of God. Why cannot the animals be there as companions? I am not saying that Jesus died for the sins of animals. How could he because animals are not to blame for their actions. Angels are in heaven and they are not saved from their sins as they have no original sin.

Only man has the responsibility for his sin and thus must be saved by the Blood of Christ. I think I am speaking the language of the Bible-believers. I say I look forward to animals in heaven as examples of God's marvelous works and our companions.

By the way, I rather think individual animals will be there and even cats can go--anyone who has ever picked up a cat fresh from the outdoors in cooler weather and smelled their fresh fur and heard them give a warm purr--or had one snuggle up to you--come on now--I say let that kitty go to heaven. By the way, her name was Lulu and she was the best cat ever! See ya in paradise Lulu! Or does that make me cheap and a God insulter? Not!

Old 07-09-2007, 06:52 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,883,211 times
Love it Kurt, really love it. Great post and basically what I was ineffectively trying to say earlier. I haven't seen you here in the religion forum before, but stick around, you'll fit right in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
I am a Bible-believing Christian and have always taken comfort in something C. S. Lewis, the note British evangelical, said about animals. He was not sure that individual animals went to heaven as distinct personalities, but he did believe that the finest "essence" of the animal went to heaven. In other words, dogs and even cats will be there but they will be the best examples of their breed--loving, perfectly formed as examples of God's creation and giving their Creator glory by their very existence in heaven. If the Lord Jesus can ride a white horse, I see no reason why there cannot be other animals.

By the way, some of my Christian friends claim to love God's creation yet treat animals like trash.

I know that man is in the image of God. Why cannot the animals be there as companions? I am not saying that Jesus died for the sins of animals. How could he because animals are not to blame for their actions. Angels are in heaven and they are not saved from their sins as they have no original sin.

Only man has the responsibility for his sin and thus must be saved by the Blood of Christ. I think I am speaking the language of the Bible-believers. I say I look forward to animals in heaven as examples of God's marvelous works and our companions.

By the way, I rather think individual animals will be there and even cats can go--anyone who has ever picked up a cat fresh from the outdoors in cooler weather and smelled their fresh fur and heard them give a warm purr--or had one snuggle up to you--come on now--I say let that kitty go to heaven. By the way, her name was Lulu and she was the best cat ever! See ya in paradise Lulu! Or does that make me cheap and a God insulter? Not!

Old 07-09-2007, 06:53 PM

Kurt wrote:
Quote:
He was not sure that individual animals went to heaven as distinct personalities, but he did believe that the finest "essence" of the animal went to heaven.
Ok, so let me get this straight. The dog that grabbed my ankle with it's teeth and pulled over the motorcycle I was riding on won't be in heaven, right? And how about the dog that was sitting in the front seat of a parked car with an open window as I walked by and bit me so bad in the side that I had to go to the hospital? That little rascal also won't be going through the pearly gates. Right? It's not that I'm going there myself but if those two dogs are there I'd prefer another location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality