Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What "causes" homosexuality?
Biological factors that we are just now beginning to understand. 88 62.86%
Being molested as a child. 3 2.14%
A particularly fabulous strain of the flu! 1 0.71%
Nothing causes it, it is a choice made by the individual. 17 12.14%
An unclean, demonic spirit has possessed or oppressed gays and they need deliverance. 8 5.71%
A combo of 2 or 3 of these options. (Please explain via post) 16 11.43%
None of the above. (Please explain via post) 7 5.00%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 03:50 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,199,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebek View Post
Yep, the "big fireplace" is were the heathen will someday dwell.
Lake of Fire=Haven of Divine Purification, in the Greek. Check it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 03:52 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,815,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebek View Post
Yep, the "big fireplace" is were the heathen will someday dwell.
Ok then I'll bring the marshmellows.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Ok then I'll bring the marshmellows.
Oh stop Irish, you know you don't believe that.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
Oh stop Irish, you know you don't believe that.
LOL...I know but according to lots here we are heretics and heathens for that beleif...so just in case I'll pack the marshmellows.

Old 07-10-2007, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
LOL...I know but according to lots here we are heretics and heathens for that beleif...so just in case I'll pack the marshmellows.
I know...*sigh*. Sometimes it gets difficult...but to believe like I used to, I would have to deny what I now know, ya know? But yeah, just in case, I'll bring the chocolate and graham crackers.

Old 07-10-2007, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
I know...*sigh*. Sometimes it gets difficult...but to believe like I used to, I would have to deny what I now know, ya know? But yeah, just in case, I'll bring the chocolate and graham crackers.
Oh if there are smores there, then it couldn't be hell!

Old 07-10-2007, 04:06 PM

7,541 posts, read 17,233,138 times
Wow, 16 pages? I'm not going to read them all, but I voted "biological factors." As a gay man who grew up in a dually strong female and male co-managed household, surrounded by very close, loving family members (all four grandparents, two aunts, an uncle, and cousins), in a Christianesque setting, this is the only rational conclusion that I can come to for my own gayness.

I like solidsquid's answer on page one. Biological, but does it come down to genes/DNA or something occuring in the womb is beyond me, and beyond science at the moment.

Old 07-10-2007, 04:11 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,459,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
Wow, 16 pages? I'm not going to read them all, but I voted "biological factors." As a gay man who grew up in a dually strong female and male co-managed household, surrounded by very close, loving family members (all four grandparents, two aunts, an uncle, and cousins), in a Christianesque setting, this is the only rational conclusion that I can come to for my own gayness.

I like solidsquid's answer on page one. Biological, but does it come down to genes/DNA or something occuring in the womb is beyond me, and beyond science at the moment.
Jabo, I am just curious, and I'm not looking for a pat on the back, but just some kind of rating as to the accuracy of my previous post. I believe it's on page 13. Do you think that what I said is true? I'm just curious because, to me, that is the most logical answer that I can find. Since you are the only openly homosexual person that I can think of on the board I would like to hear a little more from your perspective. I am not trying to embarass you or throw you in front of the fire so please let me know if I overstepped my boundaries. I'm just interested.

Old 07-10-2007, 04:52 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,421,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittZ View Post
This topic has been argued and argued for months on end. Why in the world does it continue to be brought up. Who cares why someone is gay?
No offense, but I'm not going to read through page after page in this thread to see if your post has been addressed. Quite frankly, there is absolutely nothing anyone could say that I haven't already heard about this subject.

Who cares why someone is gay, brittZ? I'll tell you who. I do. Why do I care? Because I am gay, and I want to know what my screwed up life has been all about, because I sure as hell didn't choose to be gay. If I can have some idea about why I am who I am, and how I became this way, perhaps I could finally find some peace and get on with living my life instead of constantly fighting freakin' ignorance about this subject, as well as a butt load of Christian hypocrisy - ESPECIALLY when NO ONE who is straight could POSSIBLY understand what it's all about, or what causes it. Moderator cut: flaming

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 07-10-2007 at 05:00 PM..

Old 07-10-2007, 04:54 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,159,147 times
Why are you asking straight people what causes homosexuality?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality