Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe in God?
Yes 81 66.39%
No 41 33.61%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 12:12 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
That's their job, after all!

I couldn't decide if they were talking about you or me.
Huh?

What are ya'll talking about?

"Their job"?? Who is "they" and is "they" a "we", or are you guys doing what you are accusing??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 12:13 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,815,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
That's their job, after all!

I couldn't decide if they were talking about you or me.
You, me or both...doesn't matter anyway. I know what I am, you know what you are. They're just scared that we may be right!

Old 07-11-2007, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Huh?

"Their job"?? Who is "they" and is "they" a "we", or are you guys doing what you are accusing??
Look down to IBCwife's post about the one in particular who call themselves a Christian....that is the they. And no "we" don't do that.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:29 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,199,342 times
Quote:
Huh?

LOL, Alpha, we were referring to this post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcwife View Post
I have noticed that there are a few (one in particular) on this forum that say they are Christians but in almost every thread side with the atheists... anyone else notice that?
And Irish is right, "we" don't do that...

Old 07-11-2007, 12:38 PM

740 posts, read 2,013,999 times
I was making an observation.... and I didn't mention any names... INFACT I didn't even mention this thread....!!

Jeff & Irish... do you almost always side with the athiest and if so, why is that? Just asking since you both immediately took offence to that statement when no one else did.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:
I was making an observation.... and I didn't mention any names... INFACT I didn't even mention this thread....!!

Jeff & Irish... do you almost always side with the athiest and if so, why is that? Just asking since you both immediately took offence to that statement when no one else did.
The fact that you posted such an observation was offensive in and of itself. I would have been just as offended if you posted something about someone calling themselves and atheist and always siding with the Christians. It just isn't necessary.

As for if I always side with the Atheist's, I don't think I do...but I know they are way more open minded and logical then most of the believers so I'm sure I do hold many of the same opinions with the exception of the non-belief in God part.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:52 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,199,342 times
Quote:

Well IBC, we know that you obviously didn't mention any names, but again it was just as obvious that you were talking about one or both of us. That's okay.

For me, it depends on what is being discussed. I will disagree with them strongly on things like belief in the existense of God, the Divinity of Jesus, the Bible being the Word of God. But what Irish and I both have in common is reasonable, logical natures, coupled with our faith! It seems that for many Christians, reason and logic are REPLACED by their faith. I believe that God created our logic and ability to reason and expects us to use it. When I couple these things with (to me) obvious misinterpretations and inconsistancies in our doctrine or faith, I therefore conclude that a deeper study to "rightly divide the word of truth" is needed.

Simply put, we frequently use logic and reason, which is something athiests and agnostics respond to, as it is the basis of their belief system.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:54 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,977 times
I believe in God. Thanks for asking, Original Poster.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:56 PM

Quote:

Last edited by irishmom; 07-11-2007 at 01:20 PM..

Old 07-11-2007, 12:58 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,911,080 times
Quote:
Me too! Plus more characters so I can post this message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality