Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2010, 05:33 PM

196 posts, read 209,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanskills View Post
They already have.

Evolution, gay and lesbian garbage, 8 year olds being taught about sex, etc..

Liberals have been ramming their agenda through schools for the last 30 years.
Evolution is accepted theory - just like gravity, electricity, and thermodynamics. Just because you're uneducated about it, doesn't make it any less valid.

Any scientist in the world would love to overturn Evolution. He'd be the next "Einstien" and the most famous who ever lived... moreso than Darwin. It's been tried hundreds upon thousands of times, but Evolution has passed EVERY SINGLE test with flying colors, A++ results. Sorry, but Evolution isn't going anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 05:34 PM

27,200 posts, read 46,767,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slambango View Post
There is no "atheist position" - it's the lack of a position - specifically the position that there exists a supreme being.
Thus, your position is that there is NO god, or God. And you are as certain of it as any theist. Or you would be agnostic, not atheist.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Thus, your position is that there is NO god, or God. And you are as certain of it as any theist. Or you would be agnostic, not atheist.
An atheist is anyone WHO DOES NOT believe there is a god.
You don't have to "believe there is no god" to be atheist.

asymmetrical = not symmetrical
amoral = not moral
atheist = not theist

Atheist doesn't speak to what you DO believe, only what you DO NOT.
A-theism is a belief in the same way "not collecting stamps" is a hobby... or "bald" is a hair color.

"Agnostic" means "lacking knowledge" - nobody has knowledge of a god, not the Pope, not anyone. Agnostic is not a theological position, it's what Atheists tell people when we're at parties & don't want a big debate.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:14 PM

17,183 posts, read 23,016,002 times
Quote:
The fact that you don't believe is a form of belief. Just as nihilism is a belief.
yeah, like bald is a hair color.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:16 PM

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slambango View Post
An atheist is anyone WHO DOES NOT believe there is a god.
You don't have to "believe there is no god" to be atheist.

asymmetrical = not symmetrical
amoral = not moral
atheist = not theist

Atheist doesn't speak to what you DO believe, only what you DO NOT.
A-theism is a belief in the same way "not collecting stamps" is a hobby... or "bald" is a hair color.

"Agnostic" means "lacking knowledge" - nobody has knowledge of a god, not the Pope, not anyone. Agnostic is not a theological position, it's what Atheists tell people when we're at parties & don't want a big debate.
That is exactly what I said--your belief is that there is no god, or God. That's still a belief. Especially if you spend your time pushing it on other people who don't want to hear it.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:36 PM

5,420 posts, read 6,521,179 times
Quote:
That is exactly what I said--your belief is that there is no god, or God. That's still a belief. Especially if you spend your time pushing it on other people who don't want to hear it.
If you don't want to hear it, why are you in this thread so much?

Old 11-28-2010, 06:53 PM

It's not an issue on the thread. It's an issue out in public, when people are asking me to sign a petition to take "under God" out of the Pledge, when I want them to get rid of the Pledge entirely. When people are stopping me on the street to let me know that the Christians stole Christmas.

Here, I couldn't care less about what any of you think, and I'm soliciting it by being here--but I'm NOT soliciting it out in the world, and your unwelcome preaching, no matter from what quarter, is going to get you punched.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:09 PM

33,623 posts, read 37,274,218 times
So why do I doubt you? I have never in my life been approached by an atheist preaching...How many have you punched so far?

Old 11-28-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
But you DO want to hear it. That's why you're in this post.

I don't believe god is fake... I know it like I know Santa, the Tooth Fairy, Humpty Dumpty, and Peter Pan are fake. It's EXACTLY the same.

But my belief has nothing to do with what "atheist" means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality