Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 03:28 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,818,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
All I know is that Satan is real, and he lives in certain people. I've experienced evil first hand and it's very scary. It will scare the pants right off the most staunch fundamentalist, good thing I was drinking at the time.
Satan is not real and you even admit to drinking at the time of "experiencing" it. I think that says everything right there.

Humans are bad in general and like to attribute all of their crappy behaviors onto something so that they can have an excuse. It's pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 03:38 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,655,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Satan is not real and you even admit to drinking at the time of "experiencing" it. I think that says everything right there.

Humans are bad in general and like to attribute all of their crappy behaviors onto something so that they can have an excuse. It's pathetic.
Obviously you've never experienced pure evil, when you do get back to me on this. The drinking thing was a joke. For heaven's sake.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:52 PM

9,496 posts, read 12,951,962 times
Default Step-wise subordination

Hmmm... let's seriously examine the logic here, shall we?

Humans = generally "bad"

....Religions = a subset of human activities

........Christianity = a sub-set of all religions

Thus:

Well, you figure it out.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:11 AM

114 posts, read 363,490 times
Post Is the devil real?

Yes, the Bible teaches that Satan the Devil is, indeed, a real person. Critics of the Bible, however, scoff at such a portrayal of the Devil. Satan, they say, merely represents the principle of evil that resides in humans.

Should we be surprised by the confusion regarding Satan's true identity? Not at all. To illustrate: A criminal might wipe his fingerprints from a crime scene so that he may conceal his identity and thus continue his illegal activity undetected. Similarly, Satan is a criminal mastermind who is content to operate behind the scenes, promoting moral corruption. Jesus clearly identified Satan as the one responsible for the evil state of human affairs. Jesus called Satan "the ruler of this world".-John 12:31

Where did the Devil come from? Originally created as a perfect spirit creature in heaven, this outlaw angel made himself the Devil when he became obsessed with the desire to have humans worship him instead of God. The Bible records a conversation here on earth between Satan and Jesus in which the Devil revealed his selfish ambition. Satan tried to get Jesus to "fall down and do an act of worship" to him.-Matthew 4:8,9.

Likewise, in conversation with God, as recorded in the book of Job, Satan revealed his motives. He would stop at nothing to influence humans to renounce God.- Job 1:13-19; 2:7,8.

Consider: If Satan conversed with Jehovah God and Jesus Christ, how could Satan possibly be merely the principle of evil that resides in others?
There is absolutely no evil in God or his son! Clearly, then, Satan is a real person-an evil spirit creature who has no respect for Jehovah or for Jesus. The corrupt state of human affairs bears testimony to the existence of a real Devil. The nations of the world let surplus food rot while their hungry populations starve. The nations store up weapons of mass destruction for mutual annihilation. They polute the earth's environment. Yet, most people are blind to the source of such hateful, self destructive behavior. Why?

The Bible reveals that Satan "has blinded the minds of the unbelievers." (2 Corinthians 4:4) To manipulate humanity, Satan employs an invisible organization. He is the "ruler of the demons." (Matthew 12:24) Just as a boss of an organized crime ring can run a large illegal empire without revealing himself to all those involved, so Satan uses his insidious organization of wicked angels to control masses of people who remain largely unaware of his role or influence.

How thankful can we be that the Bible unmasks the Devil and exposes his organization! We can thus take steps to resist the Devil's influence. The Bible admonishes us: "Subject yourselves....to God; but oppose the Devil, and he will flee from you."-James 4:7

Old 01-28-2011, 12:46 AM

Post Should i join a religious group?

Are you cautious about joining a religious group because you are appalled by the hypocrisy and disunity of churchgoers and even the clergy? If so, a French proverb may sum up the way you feel, "He who is near the church is often far from God."

Perhaps you repect the Bible and feel that governments and individuals should honor a person's right to belong to a religious group. But you may wonder, 'Does God really say that those who want to worship him acceptably must belong to an organized religion?'

The short answer is yes. Why can we be sure? And will just any religious organization do?

Consider Jesus' example. Did he belong to an organized religion? When he was young, Jesus joined with his Jewish family and others who had the custom of going to the temple in Jerusalem to engage in organized worship. (Luke 2:41-43) As a grown man, Jesus joined with his fellow Jews in worshipping God at the local synagogue. (Luke 4:14-16) When speaking to a woman from a different religious background, Jesus said: "We worship what we know." (John 4:22) Jesus here clearly identified himself as belonging to the Jewish form of religion.

Later, Jesus said that because the Jews as a nation rejected him, God would reject their corrupted form of worship. (Matthew 23:33-24:2) However, he indicated that those who want to worship God acceptably would have to belong to an organized group. He told his followers: "By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves." (John 13:35) A disciple of Christ who did not associate with his fellow believers could hardly show them love. In fact, Jesus plainly stated that there are only two religious paths. One he described as a "broad and spacious" road that leads "off into destruction." By contrast, he said: "Narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it."-Matthew 7:13,14.

Obviously, then, not just any religious path will do. The Bible warns against joining with those who "will maintain the outward appearance of religion but will have repudiated its power." God's Word further states, "avoid people like these." (2 Timothy 3:5) On the other hand, we benefit greatly from identifying and associating with those on the path leading to life. We gain encouragement and support now and a bright hope for the future.- Hebrews 10:24,25.

How can you determine which religious group is on that narrow path? Why not consider the Bible-based answers found in Chapter 15 of the book What Does the Bible really Teach?* That material will help you make an informed choice as to which religious organization you should join.

*Published by Jehovah's Witnesses

Old 01-28-2011, 12:56 AM

24,162 posts, read 32,686,216 times
YSM were you born a Jew? Are you a Messianic Jew?
You seem very articulate and you are certainly well versed in your beliefs.
I am a mainline denominational Christian, who has always had trouble with the whole "fallen angel" doctrine. I do not see it in scripture and frankly, I have no idea where it came from.

Do you believe that Satan can posses people? Or would possessions be the province of lesser Satans?

Old 01-28-2011, 11:11 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,472,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
YSM were you born a Jew? Are you a Messianic Jew?
You seem very articulate and you are certainly well versed in your beliefs.
I am a mainline denominational Christian, who has always had trouble with the whole "fallen angel" doctrine. I do not see it in scripture and frankly, I have no idea where it came from.

Do you believe that Satan can posses people? Or would possessions be the province of lesser Satans?
Satan as a fallen angel was a late invention of men who had lost Enoch, because it was banned in the west. Many good Christians believe that fable because they have just not researched it for themselves and "proved all things".
No, I was not born a Jew, but I was saved by a Jew [Jesus the Christ]. "Salvation is of the Jews", as Jesus said.

Yes, Satan can have dominion over people, the Word says. Through their submission to his lies, his spirit can take them captive at his will, as the Word says. "Satan entered Judas", says the Word, and Cain was warned that "Sin [an evil spirit/a satan] was crouching at his "door" [his spirit/ inner man], and was stretching out lustingly for him [to control him], but that he must rule him. Cain received the temptation and murdered his brother, and became a "son of perdition" like Judas later did become a "son of perdition", and betrayed Jesus.

In the Tenach, an evil spirit was sent from YHWH to torment Saul, when the Spirit of YHWH departed from King Saul, when he rebelled in stubborn sin against the Word of YHWH. Saul became a "paranoid scitzophrenic" when the evil spirit was upon him, and he ended his own life, finally, because he was cursed by never repenting of his sins.

Evil spirits in heaven [the heaven of earth's "breadth -stretching out, where Eden is, and Adam was"], are Satans, with a chief Satan over them. Evil spirits on earth are demons, and the chief Satan is their king, also, because they came from their fallen angel fathers, who "became subject to Satan" and did what Satan tempted them to do. Their offspring are the unclean spirits who roam earth, disembodied, tempting, seducing, and tormenting Adam-kind, until they are gathered up by angels at the return of Jesus and cast into the Lake of Fire, where they, themselves will be tormented forever by the Satans, as their fallen angel fathers will be.

Old 01-28-2011, 11:26 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,472,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eehtaht View Post
A

*Published by Jehovah's Witnesses
There is no Witness of YHWH in the Watchtower society. The doctrines of Watchtower are the doctrines of corrupt men who deny Jesus is God the Word, second Person in YHWH, come in flesh of second human being creation.

I think you are on the wrong thread, as the subject of the OP itself is about the very spirit that seduces souls into being anti-Christ. Any spirit that denies that Christ is come in flesh is an anti-Christ, says John.
I'll be happy to debate you on a debate forum, but not here.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
There is no Witness of YHWH in the Watchtower society. The doctrines of Watchtower are the doctrines of corrupt men who deny Jesus is God the Word, second Person in YHWH, come in flesh of second human being creation.

I think you are on the wrong thread, as the subject of the OP itself is about the very spirit that seduces souls into being anti-Christ. Any spirit that denies that Christ is come in flesh is an anti-Christ, says John.
I'll be happy to debate you on a debate forum, but not here.

I don't think it matters what the topic of the thread is. The truth can be inculcated anywhere at anytime. The right time to preach is all the time. My posts are in correlation with other's who have quoted some of my posts on here. Just as your comments on your last post warrants me to respond in full. It's not about a debate with me as I am not searching for answers-I already have them. For God is [a God], not of disorder, but of peace.-(1Cor 14:33). The Watchtower Society produces the Bible-based literature. Jehovah Witnesses align their beliefs with the Bible; they do not interpret it to suit themselves. They believe that "all Scripture is inspired of God"( 2 Tim 3:16) That means Genesis through Revelation. God rightly demands exclusive devotion. Hence, the Witnesses use no icons or images in their worship. Jehovah identifies who his servants are. (Isaiah 43:10) It does not mean one has seen God. Just as a witness testifies in court, so do servants of Jehovah God about Him being the true God. True Christians preach and teach about Jesus, who is the Savior, "Son of God". The Father is greater than I am, said Jesus (John 14:28) "No one comes to the Father except through him"-John 14:6

This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ- (John 17:3) Jesus prays all through the night in this chapter. He calls himself the Christ-not God in this verse. However, you put him in a position he doesn't even put himself in. One not believing in him the way he is supposed to be believed in is therefore rendered anti-christ. Even if you say you believe he existed, it is wrong to put him in a position erroneously. It is clear that the one who was sent is not greater than the one who did the sending. God doesn't pray to himself.

What means everlasting life? Their taking in knowledge.

Of Who? The only true God.

And who else? The one whom He sent forth, Jesus Christ.

This one powerful Scripture sets it straight. True Christians preach and teach about Jesus, but they stop short of worshipping him. Jesus is mighty not Almighty.

What you know about Jehovah Witnesses should not come from prejudice hearsay or rumors. You should search for the facts. Jehovah's Witnesses are primarily known for their public ministry. They have nothing to hide. They welcome you to get to know who they are. Says the Bible at Proverbs 14:15: "A simple man believes every word he hears; a clever man understands the need for proof." They preach about God's Kingdom which is actually a heavenly government with a King-Jesus Christ-and 144,000 corulers, who are "brought from the earth" ( Revelation 5:9,10; 14:1,3,4; Daniel 2:44; 7:13,14) They will rule over the earth, which will be cleansed of all wickedness and will be inhabited by millions of God-fearing humans- (Proverbs 2:21,22) Jesus foretold: "This good news of the kingdom" will be proclaimed earth wide before the end of the present world.( Matthew 24:14) Jehovah Witnesses consider it an honor to share in that life saving work. Of course, whether people listen or not is their own choice. The Bible says: "Let anyone that wishes take life's water free"- Revelation 22:17 They find that some people prefer not to discuss the Bible, while others enjoy a discussion. I'm glad to say that I have found the truth! I am well on my way to becoming a dedicated servant of Jehovah. Do not just look at the surface of the pond and draw a conclusion as to what's in it. One would have to jump in to see more fully and accurately. Doing so is both wise and, as the Bible says, "noble-minded".-Acts 17:11

Old 01-29-2011, 10:23 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,261,171 times
Let's see if I got this right, from the posts I've read thus far.

The fallen angels along with Satan God could not control, so God banished them to the earth as demons.

Now, God created mankind to inhabit the earth and decided to give mankind a gift of demons, is that what I am hearing?

First an foremost, the words "almighty God" denote an absolute sovereign powerful God of which nothing could escape Him.

How is it then that God would allow such fallen ones to even exist, and to pollute His blessed creation of mankind?

What did mankind so to deserve such demons?

Was mankind responsible for it's own creation? One would think that if we had a choice in our own creation, surely we wouldn't include any less then perfection and much less any demon influences.

Listen, God created Adam and Eve via a marriage between God and earth.

God being the Adam and Eve being the earthen vessel.

Hence this verse: Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father (God) and mother (God), and shall be joined unto his wife, (Earthen vessels as a human) and they two shall be one flesh. (Independent entity, a living soul)

Now, creation being perfect as only God can make it, the living soul created became flawed in the making why?

Because of knowledge, to know the difference between good and evil, making us in the image of God.

Look: Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Therefore the flaw, the imperfect man separated from God, as in Adam and Eve being cast out, as separated from God, as dead spiritually.

Of which next the balance of that verse applies: ..."lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever"...

The tree of life with held why? Because mankind had to endure its own existence that in the trials of this life's experience, mankind may learn obedience to their creator, the point of giving up of "self" mind body and soul and placing them in Gods care.

Can you think of one such person that actually accomplished perfect obedience as a man?

Now, lets consider the adversary. Not as fallen angels, not as a fallen entity by the name of Satan or the devil, but simply as an oppositional force.

What is in opposition to all that ids God?

Read: Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

"They that are in the flesh hmmmmm.........."can not please God".

Well then, who can? God Himself........maybe?

Which gives us to conclude that everything earthly is for the flesh, and against God, for the carnal mind.

There, you see the adversary?

But, we all know there is always a but as noted by the same verse above with the word "lest", meaning but, if they should reach out and take of the fruit of the tree of life and live forever.

What the adversary is for, is to place us under test, to try us in his environment, the fleshly lusts so that in the trying, we might seek God, His tree of life and reach for it to gain everlasting life.

God is in control of both the adversarial conditions and the blessings as a God of all perfection, one of which is no other and one which has no foes.

The sooner we can understand the love of God, then the following verse applies: 1Jo 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Whatever one was taught about the devil, Satan, fear can only be held, without understanding.

Perfect love than is understanding via knowledge and the wisdom to have no fear of the adversarial things of the earth.

To the point : Psa 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Unless one is given, mind body and soul to God, fear remains.

Let me close with this verse: Isa 50:2 Wherefore, when I came, was there no man? when I called, was there none to answer? Is my hand shortened at all, that it cannot redeem? or have I no power to deliver? behold, at my rebuke I dry up the sea, I make the rivers a wilderness: their fish stinketh, because there is no water, and dieth for thirst.

Who then is in control of the adversarial conditions?

Let us trust in God!

Blessings, AJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality