Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 09:30 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,466,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
and Satan, the Hero, rebelled against that tyrant.
Where is your proof that Satan was ever a "hero" [a titan/giant/nephillim -a son of a fallen angel], or ever rebelled against the Creator [whom you are calling a "tyrant" without foundation]?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 09:30 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,211,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
No. This is where Satan is always being discussed. My post is to, hopefully, get the attention of those who always make posts using supposed Bible doctrine about Satan, and using their misconceptions for their posts because they do not know what the doctrine of Satan is, in the ancient writings or in the OT or NT.

There are many, like this one, below, in this forum-
-https://www.city-data.com/forum/religion-philosophy/92935-if-satan-fallen-angel-then-what.html
Satan never wrote a book. All that people know about Satan has been told in the bible, a very dubious source. Of course, the evil tyrant (god) would not write anything positive about his enemy.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:02 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,965,604 times
Quote:
He drew me.
What does god use to do this I wonder. Is he high tech and using programs such as Photoshop or is he more into vector graphics? Then again, being ancient and all, I would have to think he is more traditional and uses pastel, pencil or charcoal for his drawings.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
What does god use to do this I wonder.
His lovingkindness.
Jer 31:3 The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, [saying], Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Where is your proof that Satan was ever a "hero" [a titan/giant/nephillim -a son of a fallen angel], or ever rebelled against the Creator [whom you are calling a "tyrant" without foundation]?
To understand this you would have to be aware of what is happening in the world around you.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Satan never wrote a book. All that people know about Satan has been told in the bible.
And the Bible does not say that Satan is a rebel angel.
But Enoch tells us about Satan and his satans [the created unholy angels/messengers/evil spirits in heaven], created to test men, and who torment those who rebel, and who make accusations against the saints/holy ones before the throne at the times assemblies are called in heaven, until they are cast down and out, at the appointed season, once and forever.
The Satans, created evil spirits in heaven, can do nothing without permission from the Creator, and are commanded to destroy, deceive and to torment rebels of Adamkind.

Jdg 9:23 Then God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the men of Shechem; and the men of Shechem dealt treacherously with Abimelech:
1Sa 16:14 But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.
1 Sa 16:15 And Saul's servants said unto him, Behold now, an evil spirit from God troubleth thee.

1Ki 22:19 And he said, Hear thou therefore the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left. 1Ki 22:20 And the LORD said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner. 1Ki 22:21 And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said, I will persuade him.
1Ki 22:22 And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade [him], and prevail also: go forth, and do so.
1Ki 22:23 Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil concerning thee.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
And the Bible does not say that Satan is a rebel angel.
But Enoch tells us about Satan and his satans [the created unholy angels/messengers/evil spirits in heaven], created to test men, and who torment those who rebel, and who make accusations against the saints/holy ones before the throne at the times assemblies are called in heaven, until they are cast down and out, at the appointed season, once and forever.
The Satans, created evil spirits in heaven, can do nothing without permission from the Creator, and are commanded to destroy, deceive and to torment rebels of Adamkind..
You still do not understand. I would like to hear about Satan directly from Satan, not from a biased third party.
Try to figure that one out.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:16 AM

2,209 posts, read 4,232,007 times
Quote:
I still think Satan is a cool guy and just doesn't get the credit he deserves.
Deeply misunderstood.

Quote:
Satan never wrote a book. All that people know about Satan has been told in the bible, a very dubious source. Of course, the evil tyrant (god) would not write anything positive about his enemy.
Pretty much hearsay as well as the information concerning his antagonist. Evidence would not hold up in court.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:28 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,566,256 times
Quote:
All that people know about Satan has been told in the bible, a very dubious source.
Would you believe a it's a load of BS?

Old 12-02-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
You still do not understand. I would like to hear about Satan directly from Satan
I'm sure you can arrange that -some in Thyatira did.
Rev 2:24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known/ginōskō the depths [deep things] of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.ginōskō Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon

So, then what would you do? Become a biased third party promoter of "knowing/ginōskō the deep things of satan"? -And who would care to listen to your love fest with the Satans? -BTW: I do not believe you would rate a personal meeting with the chief evil spirit, like the LORD Jesus did. You would have to make do with his lesser messengers, which include the demons on earth and the evil spirits in heaven.

Be aware that you are asking to enter realms you have no power to control, and which realm drives men mad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality