Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 08:08 AM

1,743 posts, read 2,159,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
So? At least they know who their master is, and who holds their lives in his hands.
Wow...

Just wow.

You don't deserve to have pets. Least of all dogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 08:11 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
Wow...

Just wow.

Luckily, that's not for YOU to decide.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:33 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
well it can get worse for some.
what if you were a person of faith but did not want to go to God's described heaven?

Old 12-06-2010, 08:46 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
The only way you could know that is if you mistreat your dogs, which doesn't surprise me in the least.
Quote:
So? At least they know who their master is, and who holds their lives in his hands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
Wow...

Just wow.

Quote:
Luckily, that's not for YOU to decide.
Best not allow your identity and jurisdiction to be found out . . . there is some legal and social recourse available . . . ask Michael Vick.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:47 AM

My identity is a matter of public record. I'm not worried about it.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:54 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
i'am not quite sure where this thread has gone are is going but it is my sincere prayer that no one is demeaning to animals.... treat 'em right and with respect and they'll respect you willingly and bountifully in return (if that is the animals true nature).

Old 12-06-2010, 11:32 AM

661 posts, read 1,184,160 times
Jesus told his followers to sell what they had and follow him. His last command was for his followers to preach the message. Matt 28. Paul said to 'Pray incessantly.' 1 Thess 5:17. So for all those here who think that worship was meant to be an easy ride coming in second to living the rest of your life, you are cherrypicking the Scriptures.

The Bible God wants you 24/7. Everything you do should have you thinking, praying, meditating on WWJD, what are Gods thoughts on the matter? There are meetings to go to and your message needs to be preached.

I read the Bible and went to 3 meetings a week and preached from door to door without missing a month for nearly 40 years and I still was led to believe, with quotes from the 'Good Book', that I was not doing enough and was not good enough for God.

After a breakdown during which the loving heavenly father never answered one prayer or bolstered my faith one iota, I was led to agnosticism and I must say its exhilarating to be free from all the mumbo jumbo that held me captive for all those years!

The Bible is a just a instrument for keeping people under control, and has been well used by unscrupulous men for the last 2000 years.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:41 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Default More Science! Feed him More Science!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Five years of college and I see the evidence for God all around me. Sorry, but some folk dismiss the evidence. But really that point is for another thread.

Reality sucks, but what choice do we really have?
Ah; well there's the problem, Mr5150! You stopped thinking too soon! I had my initial 5 years of engineering, and was a Christian at the beginning of that period, and was still a sort of diluted Christian at the end of that period in my life.

Then I worked for about 4 years, and became intrigued by biosciences and the world around me, and so I went back for another three degrees in that, including specializations in genetics, mammalogy and environmental sciences, including toxicology. Which then translated into a career in research, plus some post-post-grad studies in geology.

All of which convinced me there was absolutely a massive and dominant abundance of evidence for Evolution, an ancient Earth, our insignificant & small part in the larger cosmos, the presence of stable laws of natural origin, and other non-theist conclusions. And no God.

You just need to go back into "the roasting pan" for another few years. Then it'll all become clear to you!

I just knew there had to be an explanation for you being smart but also "not smart"! It's OK: you still have time! Enjoy.

Old 12-06-2010, 12:07 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,249 times
Quote:

You have got to be one of the most unlikable people I have never meant. You make Clint Eastwood's character in Gran Torino look like Richard Simmons.

Old 12-06-2010, 01:31 PM

Good. It isn't my purpose in life to be "liked" by other people. The more people that leave me to live in peace, the better I'm going to like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality