Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 02:53 PM

1,301 posts, read 2,116,694 times

Advertisements

Baptist and Texas, huh?

That's quite the combination of stupidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 03:00 PM

38,857 posts, read 25,652,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
God bless Texas!

Texas has gone stupid on steroids in recent years.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:16 PM

13,137 posts, read 22,893,290 times
Default You'll wish everyone Merry Christmas, and like it, or else!

Merry Pagan Winter Solstace everbody! Please don't call the cops when you see me in my front yard at midnight dancing naked around a tree while sacraficing goats. I don't want anyone stepping on my rights.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:35 PM

27,200 posts, read 46,783,570 times
Again, I'd like to know if I can get them to shut off the Christmas music while the store's closed in any way--without losing my job. Maybe say I was a Muslim, and it offends me?

Seriously, no music at all is preferable to Christmas music at this time.

Old 12-07-2010, 04:12 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,373,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
Ya know, I'm beginning to think that perhaps it would be a good idea if Texas actually DID become "A Whole Other Country." Think of all the irritation, frustration and downright aggravation it would save the rest of us...

All this because some are offended by A simple “Seasons Greetings”. On second thought before we open the door for Texas to be a country all on it own; lets see if we can get some of the other “Texas like thinking“ people to relocate there. It might make living here a lot easier for us. I am not sure what it would do for Texas, but the way christians hate any other view than their own it might degrade to fighting and than a christian Iran. At any rate you have this Atheist’s warm sent “Seasons Greeting” and a hope the Winter Equinox and New Year will open new doors of “Free Thinking” for you and your families.

Old 12-07-2010, 06:24 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,535,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
I understand that. What I'm saying is how would you even find those witnesses? They're not going to come forward and admit that they withheld their patronage. Why would they? Someone choosing NOT to shop at a store is a rather hard chain of evidence to follow and prove, don'tcha think??
Yup, under ordinary circumstances. Consider though, MC, that many of those who choose to withhold their patronage under these circumstances are not likely to do it quietly -- local talk radio and all that, ya know? Subpoena the transcripts or tapes, and there ya have yer witness pool.

Perhaps it would be enough, for the initial proceedings anyway, to prove a demonstrable drop in sales after the event, as compared to other years and other sales quarters. Then, in addition to its own witnesses, the plaintiff could depose and cross all or most of the defendant's witnesses under the hostile witness rules.

[Yup, under certain circumstances I'm meaner than a snake... ]

Old 12-07-2010, 08:36 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,867,469 times
Quote:
Yup, under ordinary circumstances. Consider though, MC, that many of those who choose to withhold their patronage under these circumstances are not likely to do it quietly -- local talk radio and all that, ya know? Subpoena the transcripts or tapes, and there ya have yer witness pool.

Perhaps it would be enough, for the initial proceedings anyway, to prove a demonstrable drop in sales after the event, as compared to other years and other sales quarters. Then, in addition to its own witnesses, the plaintiff could depose and cross all or most of the defendant's witnesses under the hostile witness rules.

Since we are in this booming economy, those figures ought to just jump right off the page.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:58 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,886,890 times
Quote:

That is what my father did. He used data from the stores that had been targeted along with data from stores that had not and showed a trend. They all were in similar locations and ran similar deals, and the years prior and the year after they had similar sales, but this one year there was a discrepancy. Not to mention when they put the minister who started the charade on the stand that pretty much sealed the deal because he was a very unlikeable character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality