Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 11:38 AM

64,089 posts, read 40,382,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
What I meant by "born again" is what wikipedia means by born again:
from
Born again (Christianity) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I know . . . I just have empirical and scriptural issues with the ignorance involved with the mainstream interpretation. It is an epic fail on all counts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 11:53 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,968,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I know . . . I just have empirical and scriptural issues with the ignorance involved with the mainstream interpretation. It is an epic fail on all counts.
OK, instead of "people who are born again", let's call them "people who are labeled as born again by mainstream interpretation"

Old 12-10-2010, 12:25 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,039,574 times
Quote:
What I meant by "born again" is what wikipedia means by born again:

"In recent history, born again is a term that has been widely associated with the evangelical Christian renewal since the late 1960s, first in the United States and then later around the world. Associated perhaps initially with Jesus People and the Christian counterculture, born again came to refer to a conversion experience, accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior in order to be saved from Hell and given eternal life with God in Heaven, and was increasingly used as a term to identify devout believers. By the mid 1970s, born again Christians were increasingly referred to in the mainstream media as part of the born again movement.

Moderator cut: edited to adhere to copyright

from
Born again (Christianity) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And the definition is created by people. It doesn't make it the true definition. Born again is actually the soul transformation from a soul born with inclinations to sin into a soul with no inclination to sin. You must be born again, spiritually of the soul, to enter the kingdom of God. No man can enter unless they have a soul that matches in attributes to that of God's. That is why Jesus said we are to become perfect as God is perfect. Born again spiritually.

If someone professes that they believe in Jesus and have accepted Him as savior does not mean they are born again because they have done nothing except believe. They must do something to transform their soul to the likeness of God's. Praying for Divine Love does just that. It brings in the essence of God and transforms the soul into a Divine soul. Very, very few have done that so they cannot be born again by just believing in Jesus.

I have seen people in this world who have perfected their natural love. They are the most loving and caring individuals. yet they may not still be born again because they may have only perfected natural love. They still have inclinations to sin.

By your standards of Wikipedia, there are all kinds of professed born agains by mere belief. That doesn't make them perfect as God is perfect. It only makes them as perfect as man can make perfect. Not born again in Divinity, just humans making a claim to something that they have not attained because they rely on another to do the work that they are to do, so they still haven't done anything to attain the born again status. I could tell the world that I have accepted Jesus as my savior yet it still wouldn't make me born again. Belief is of the mind and the mind does not know a truth from a lie. It's when we take it to our soul, our heart, where we can find the real truth and then seek that which will make us in the likeness of God instead of just the image as so many want to remain.

I have never accepted Jesus as a man as my savior. I have accepted His teachings and that is what has been transforming my soul into Divinity, not the belief of the man. I do the actual work that He asked of us. When you can feel the Love of God enter your soul, you will know what born again really means.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
And the definition is created by people. It doesn't make it the true definition. Born again is actually the soul transformation from a soul born with inclinations to sin into a soul with no inclination to sin. You must be born again, spiritually of the soul, to enter the kingdom of God. No man can enter unless they have a soul that matches in attributes to that of God's. That is why Jesus said we are to become perfect as God is perfect. Born again spiritually.

If someone professes that they believe in Jesus and have accepted Him as savior does not mean they are born again because they have done nothing except believe. They must do something to transform their soul to the likeness of God's. Praying for Divine Love does just that. It brings in the essence of God and transforms the soul into a Divine soul. Very, very few have done that so they cannot be born again by just believing in Jesus.

I have seen people in this world who have perfected their natural love. They are the most loving and caring individuals. yet they may not still be born again because they may have only perfected natural love. They still have inclinations to sin.

By your standards of Wikipedia, there are all kinds of professed born agains by mere belief. That doesn't make them perfect as God is perfect. It only makes them as perfect as man can make perfect. Not born again in Divinity, just humans making a claim to something that they have not attained because they rely on another to do the work that they are to do, so they still haven't done anything to attain the born again status. I could tell the world that I have accepted Jesus as my savior yet it still wouldn't make me born again. Belief is of the mind and the mind does not know a truth from a lie. It's when we take it to our soul, our heart, where we can find the real truth and then seek that which will make us in the likeness of God instead of just the image as so many want to remain.

I have never accepted Jesus as a man as my savior. I have accepted His teachings and that is what has been transforming my soul into Divinity, not the belief of the man. I do the actual work that He asked of us. When you can feel the Love of God enter your soul, you will know what born again really means.
Have you always felt this way, explained this way? Or, was there a time when you didn't look at life this way, not as spiritual? If so, what was your life like before this transformation?

Old 12-10-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Have you always felt this way, explained this way? Or, was there a time when you didn't look at life this way, not as spiritual? If so, what was your life like before this transformation?
I came from a family who didn't like children and abused and controlled them. I hated my parents in my mind but in my heart I felt a different way, like I somehow knew I didn't belong. That I was from someplace else.

I didn't realize how true that was until I found the Love of God. I was a gift to my parents that they tried to destroy. They didn't. I now know that they could only love me the way that they can only love themselves. It had nothing to do with me.

When I found Divine Love, that substance changed me and my thoughts so that I was able to forgive them because they were children of God first and their actions were only the result of their own love for themselves, their image. They hated themselves and tried to instill that hate onto my siblings and I. My oldest sister is in darkness because she still believes in the lies. I can't help her. She only sees me for the child I was while growing up and refuses to see who I became. Just like Jesus. He had to leave Nazareth because they knew Him as the son of a carpenter and not who He became. A divine being who became perfect as God is perfect. The first true born again in spirit human.

I found Divine Love because I asked God to give me the truth. I read the bible and other "holy books" but something was still missing. I flat out told Him to give it to me without the bs. I got it. It was Divine Love. Plain and simple yet so many refuse to just ask for it. All I had to do was ask and I received.

Old 12-10-2010, 02:06 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,252,617 times
I think you just illuminated the answer to the topic of this thread, concerning whether or not those who are 'born again' tend to transition from miserable existences.

Old 12-10-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Come on, I'll bet you have a story.

Quote:
family who didn't like children and abused and controlled them.
I hated my parents
I was a gift to my parents that they tried to destroy. They didn't. I now know that they could only love me the way that they can only love themselves. It had nothing to do with me.

They hated themselves
tried to instill that hate onto my siblings and I.
refuses to see who I became.
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I think you just illuminated the answer to the topic of this thread, concerning whether or not those who are 'born again' tend to transition from miserable existences.
Does sort of ring a bell.

Old 12-10-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
That was only my situation. It doesn't mean others started out the same way. I know people who have led very good lives and profess to be born again. What they aren't realizing is that being born again takes work. Just because someone lives a good life doesn't mean they are born again. It has everything to do with the soul and if they want to remain perfected in natural love (that which we are born with and nurture through doing right by others) or become truely transformed by the Divine Love of God (that which we must ask for to change the condition of the soul so that no inclination to sin exists and we are left with Truth). Divinity is not something that is in us. It's what Jesus told us to seek so that we can find. I went after it. Most people rely on a belief and do nothing, even those who have led very good lives because they believe they don't have to do anything.

Old 12-10-2010, 02:36 PM

18,968 posts, read 11,642,106 times
Good grief - do y'all have me on ignore or something just because I'm irreligious but don't toe your atheist line? How does Reverend's one personal anecdote count exponentially more than my anecdotal experience that includes people who are Born Again and don't come from tragic backgrounds? I'm not claiming to 'know' if most Born Agains do or don't come from miserable backgrounds but you guys have made up your mind anyway - might as well ask June to close the thread.

Old 12-10-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
That was only my situation. It doesn't mean others started out the same way. I know people who have led very good lives and profess to be born again.
Right, but what were driving at here is, there may be a higher likelihood that people with big problems go through the born again process than people that don't have big problems. Sure there are exceptions, but there may be correlations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality