Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2018, 09:51 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,162,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
Spirit Communications, yup, they still believe...

And you don't even hafta live in North Carolina.
Too funny... that was where my ancestors lived before they moved out west... and I'm quite sure they didn't believe in spirit communications.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2018, 10:16 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
You're right. From what I know and have learned, there is no eternal torment. For some people, it may feel that way, but there is a way out and eventually, there will be no hell at all. That will happen only when the hearts of people change... when there will be love, peace and goodwill amongst all peoples of the earth.
Hey! I recall that you used to believe there would be a time when it would be "too late" for people. You've changed your thoughts on this. Good to hear.

Old 06-02-2018, 11:27 AM

4,384 posts, read 4,236,654 times
Quote:
You're right. From what I know and have learned, there is no eternal torment. For some people, it may feel that way, but there is a way out and eventually, there will be no hell at all. That will happen only when the hearts of people change... when there will be love, peace and goodwill amongst all peoples of the earth.
Then why did you post that link about a spirit communication:

Quote:
"I want to tell you that I am in a condition of great darkness and suffering, and I am not able to find a way out of the darkness or to relieve myself from my tortures."
That is what I was responding to.

Old 06-02-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Hey! I recall that you used to believe there would be a time when it would be "too late" for people. You've changed your thoughts on this. Good to hear.
Oh, the "too late" reference has to do with receiving God's Divine Love into our soul. God has put a "time limit" on this, knowing there will be those who have no interest in receiving it, so no sense dragging it on. In other words, God will withdraw the opportunity to receive it. Only He knows when.

For the "not interested" group, the natural love we are all born with will have to suffice, as the purification of this love brings its own rewards... having a little less of the "grandeur" that Divine Lovers experience, and without the assurance of immortality and a blissful happiness, which are the icing on the cake.

I have learned and believe that at some point the hells will be emptied and non-existent. This won't be due to the fact that God let everybody out. It'll be due to the fact that those in that predicament found their way out. And as I posted above, with a change of people's hearts and minds... comes peace and goodwill on this earth, hence, there will be no need for a hell, as the sowing and the reaping here will be of a higher kind.

Old 06-02-2018, 11:56 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Oh, the "too late" reference has to do with receiving God's Divine Love into our soul. God has put a "time limit" on this, knowing there will be those who have no interest in receiving it, so no sense dragging it on. In other words, God will withdraw the opportunity to receive it. Only He knows when.
That flies in the face of the notion that God is all knowing and all powerful don't you think? It also contradicts the "we cannot know the mind of God" claim when awkward questions are asked.

Old 06-02-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
That flies in the face of the notion that God is all knowing and all powerful don't you think? It also contradicts the "we cannot know the mind of God" claim when awkward questions are asked.
Can you be a little bit more specific? I'm not understanding your question.

Old 06-02-2018, 01:32 PM

5,536 posts, read 7,111,240 times
Quote:
....when there will be love, peace and goodwill amongst all peoples of the earth.

That's a nice sentiment, except for "Do not assume that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law." -Jesus

Old 06-02-2018, 01:52 PM

50,810 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:

For the "not interested" group, the natural love we are all born with will have to suffice, as the purification of this love brings its own rewards... having a little less of the "grandeur" that Divine Lovers experience, and without the assurance of immortality and a blissful happiness, which are the icing on the cake.

I have learned and believe that at some point the hells will be emptied and non-existent. This won't be due to the fact that God let everybody out. It'll be due to the fact that those in that predicament found their way out. And as I posted above, with a change of people's hearts and minds... comes peace and goodwill on this earth, hence, there will be no need for a hell, as the sowing and the reaping here will be of a higher kind.
It's just amazing how much you KNOW about how God thinks and works.

Old 06-02-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
That's a nice sentiment, except for "Do not assume that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law." -Jesus
Being a follower of Jesus' teachings, I believe what he wrote here:

"The only difficulty in carrying out this plan effectively, and having it produce the results desired, is that the Bible does not contain many sayings of mine disclosing the Truths, and does contain many sayings attributed to me which I never said. Take that saying over which a controversy is now occurring and which is referred to in another article contained in the book mentioned; that is, that I said I came not to bring peace to the world but rather a 'sword.'"

Sin has no existence except as it is created by mankind and man must pay the penalties

Last edited by mensaguy; 06-05-2018 at 06:02 AM.. Reason: Don't use red text

Old 06-02-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
It's just amazing how much you KNOW about how God thinks and works.
Well, ya know, this has to do with receiving Divine Love and is a part of my soul perceptions about God. Plus, I have posted this before about Jesus' true teachings, of which I am a 40 year follower. Jesus' messages are quite profound and phenomenal. I've never read anything other than these teachings that make so much common sense. I have also posted that the "proof is in the prayer."

As Jesus wrote:

"My truths are plain and my teachings can be understood by the simple." Humbled to be one of the simple.

The Truths may be understood by the simple.

Prayer for the Divine Love
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality