Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2018, 07:16 PM

4,383 posts, read 4,234,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Well, ya know, this has to do with receiving Divine Love and is a part of my soul perceptions about God. Plus, I have posted this before about Jesus' true teachings, of which I am a 40 year follower. Jesus' messages are quite profound and phenomenal. I've never read anything other than these teachings that make so much common sense. I have also posted that the "proof is in the prayer."

As Jesus wrote:

"My truths are plain and my teachings can be understood by the simple." Humbled to be one of the simple.

The Truths may be understood by the simple.

Prayer for the Divine Love
I'm not clear here. Did you attempt suicide? Or are you speaking from what you've heard from others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2018, 07:21 PM

2,066 posts, read 2,161,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
I'm not clear here. Did you attempt suicide? Or are you speaking from what you've heard from others?
What I've posted are from spirit communications. One man was a friend of the medium who received his message through automatic writing.

Last edited by SoCalAngel2009; 06-02-2018 at 07:45 PM..

Old 06-02-2018, 07:34 PM

The post I referred to above is on page 9.

Here's part of what he wrote:

"I want to tell you that I am in a condition of great darkness and suffering, and I am not able to find a way out of the darkness or to relieve myself from my tortures."

This is the link to the message dated October 1, 1915:

Ross Perry explains why he committed suicide.

Old 06-02-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
What I've posted are from spirit communications. One man was a friend of the medium who received his message through automatic writing.
So you're not speaking from direct experience. You're getting your information from a spirit whose word you have to take on faith. Now I'm clear.

Old 06-02-2018, 08:14 PM

Quote:
The post I referred to above is on page 9.

Here's part of what he wrote:

"I want to tell you that I am in a condition of great darkness and suffering, and I am not able to find a way out of the darkness or to relieve myself from my tortures."

This is the link to the message dated October 1, 1915:

Ross Perry explains why he committed suicide.
The link doesn't work. I hope I didn't get a virus by visiting that page.

Does this quotation refer to before or after his suicide?

Old 06-02-2018, 08:50 PM

Quote:
The link doesn't work. I hope I didn't get a virus by visiting that page.

Does this quotation refer to before or after his suicide?
Oops. This was after his suicide. He shot himself and explains why he did it.

Try this one:

https://divinelovewritings.blogspot....te-friend.html

Old 06-02-2018, 11:22 PM

11,020 posts, read 5,982,960 times
Quote:
So you're not speaking from direct experience. You're getting your information from a spirit whose word you have to take on faith. Now I'm clear.
Not quite. He's getting his information from a man who says he was getting it from the spirit of the dead man.

Old 06-02-2018, 11:46 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
That flies in the face of the notion that God is all knowing and all powerful don't you think? It also contradicts the "we cannot know the mind of God" claim when awkward questions are asked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
It's just amazing how much you KNOW about how God thinks and works.
I suppose you guys, like me, can remember the days when 'God' was an enigma that no human could unravel; a mystery that could never be understood or explained; no man can understand God. Now, just a few years on, all it's followers are having a bloody 'personal relationship' with it and know, to the minutest detail, all about what it thinks, wants, doesn't want and is and isn't going to do in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
Hate does not mean love . Never has, never will. Your rationalization skills are out of this world though .
It's a Christian thing. When they see 'Jesus tells us we must love ...', the word love means exactly that, we have to love. No need to read it any way other than how it is written but, when they see the 'Jesus tell us to hate', it's then a case of 'Wait! In this case, the word hate doesn't actually mean hate. It means love less. Words meant different things back then.'

Old 06-03-2018, 06:34 AM

5,536 posts, read 7,109,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
The word ' hate ' in Scripture can simply mean to love to a lesser degree.
In other words, we are to first love God, then others.
So if we insert more convenient synonyms for hate, such as:

“If anyone comes to me and does not abstain from thy father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple."

“If anyone comes to me and does not lose interest in thy father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple."

“If anyone comes to me and does not duck thy father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple."

“If anyone comes to me and does not shirk thy father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple."

“If anyone comes to me and does not devalue thy father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple."

“If anyone comes to me and does not cheapen they father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple."

“If anyone comes to me and does not resent thy father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple."

“If anyone comes to me and does not abnegate [gotta love thesaurus.com. ] thy father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple."

Wouldn't any such passage in ANY bible sound really stupid and evil, especially nowadays!

Even though there are about 40-150 different versions of the bible with that "H" word in there, someone fool may have just made an innocent typo with his quivering quill, chisel or whatever he were using.

Old 06-03-2018, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
I suppose you guys, like me, can remember the days when 'God' was an enigma that no human could unravel; a mystery that could never be understood or explained; no man can understand God. Now, just a few years on, all it's followers are having a bloody 'personal relationship' with it and know, to the minutest detail, all about what it thinks, wants, doesn't want and is and isn't going to do in the future.
I remember the days when there was no internet, no wifi, no cell phones. But we know times they have changed and with the advent of all the cool things we may now avail ourselves of in this information age, then it makes sense to me that if we can become "cyber friends" with people across this planet earth just by merely logging into a computer, then we can look up to the Heavens and become aware of and personally get to know our Creator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
It's a Christian thing. When they see 'Jesus tells us we must love ...', the word love means exactly that, we have to love. No need to read it any way other than how it is written but, when they see the 'Jesus tell us to hate', it's then a case of 'Wait! In this case, the word hate doesn't actually mean hate. It means love less. Words meant different things back then.'
Is it a Christian thing, or a cultural thing? It appears that words are being twisted every which way to accommodate a certain ideology. The real question is this. Did Jesus really say that? He was a man of the highest Love and imho, he didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality