Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 04:41 AM

88,649 posts, read 84,928,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
So Kate did this because of mental illness. I read that her sister said that it wasn't unexpected. Not knowing the details of her illness, let's assume she suffered for many years and it was hell on earth for her.

At the point of her death and the transition from a human to a spirit, do you think that her mental illness is a part of her spiritual being in the next world?
No, I do not. I have a mental illness myself that I manage to live with, and my daughter a far more serious one. She is particularly outspoken on social media about the need for people to seek help and remove the stigmas attached to mental disorders.

They are illnesses of the human brain, like illnesses of any other body part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 01:32 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,923,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
What is funny is that other sects use the same passages to say why YOU are wrong.

God will show all.

Old 06-06-2018, 01:33 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,923,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
He provoked the authorities into killing him.

Pilate wanted to set him free. He did 0 to them. The call for Barabbas was louder.

Old 06-06-2018, 04:55 PM

5,537 posts, read 7,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
God will show all.

I don't need to see that.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:33 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,979,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
At the point of her death and the transition from a human to a spirit, do you think that her mental illness is a part of her spiritual being in the next world?
Think about ALL the recorded healings and resurrections that Jesus performed while on Earth.
ALL were cured of their sickness and even brought back from death.
So, Jesus was giving us a small preview, or a coming attraction, of what he will again be doing, but then on a great international scale of healing and resurrecting during his 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth.

So, for the majority of mankind the ' next world ' will be the 'new world' of 2nd Peter 3:13 taking place on Earth when Jesus awakens the 'sleeping dead' back to healthy physical life on Earth for the majority of mankind during his millennium-long day of governing over Earth. I say ' sleeping dead ' because Jesus, and the old Hebrew Scriptures, teach un-conscious ' sleep ' in death at John 11:11-14; Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; 146:4; Ecclesiastes 9:5. That is when the ' last enemy ' death will be brought to nothing according to 1st Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
I don't need to see that.
Those of us still alive on Earth at the soon coming ' time of separation ' to take place on Earth as per Matthew 25:31-33 will see Jesus, as Shepherd, take the needed separating action to protect the upright - Matthew 25:37,40; Proverbs 2:21-22.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
I've always thought Jesus committed suicide.
I find there is a difference between suicide and paying a ransom price to release someone.
That is why Matthew 20:28 says Jesus' ransom covers many. Jesus laying down his life for us paid the death price tag.
Adam's disobedience put us in the Pawn Shop of Death.
We needed someone from the outside to free us from the Pawn Shop of Death.
We can Not resurrect oneself or another so we needed someone to do that for us.
Because Jesus died a faithful death, Jesus can and will resurrect us - Revelation 1:18.
Under good conditions Adam proved unfaithful in least. But both Job and Jesus proved faithful in much.
Thus showing we can all show Satan what a liar he is.
Satan challenges all of us at Job 2:4-5. Touch our ' flesh' (loose physical health) and we would Not serve God.
Like both faithful Job and Jesus under bad or adverse conditions we too can prove Satan a liar.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:51 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,165,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Think about ALL the recorded healings and resurrections that Jesus performed while on Earth.
So, Jesus was giving us a small preview, or a coming attraction, of what he will again be doing, but then on a great international scale of healing and resurrecting during his 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth.

So, for the majority of mankind the ' next world ' will be the 'new world' of 2nd Peter 3:13 taking place on Earth when Jesus awakens the 'sleeping dead' back to healthy physical life on Earth for the majority of mankind during his millennium-long day of governing over Earth. I say ' sleeping dead ' because Jesus, and the old Hebrew Scriptures, teach un-conscious ' sleep ' in death at John 11:11-14; Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; 146:4; Ecclesiastes 9:5. That is when the ' last enemy ' death will be brought to nothing according to 1st Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8.
Yes, Jesus had the power to heal as his soul was possessed with the essence and substance of God.

But with all due respect and for the love of our Heavenly Father, Jesus isn't coming back to earth to establish his kingdom on earth. His kingdom is already established in the highest Heavens, the Celestial Heavens aka the Kingdom of God. This means that we go up to where Jesus already lives. Let's just say with our life on earth... it's one and done.

Truth for all people

Old 06-06-2018, 10:51 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,870,768 times
Quote:
So the story goes. You have yet to show us that the story is true.

Old 06-07-2018, 04:57 AM

5,537 posts, read 7,120,143 times
Quote:
Those of us still alive on Earth at the soon coming ' time of separation ' to take place on Earth as per Matthew 25:31-33 will see Jesus, as Shepherd, take the needed separating action to protect the upright - Matthew 25:37,40; Proverbs 2:21-22.

^^^ ....said the notorious repeatedly-proven fool Harold Camping:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality